Homestead II is a small nursing home in Painesville, Ohio. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of B. A grade in this range requires quality scores in most areas. This facility definitely has plenty of good features. Fortunately, this place didn't have any bad scores in any of the major categories discussed below. Additional information about these categories is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Painesville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a strong facility overall, this facility really excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A+. Not many nursing homes fared better in that category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection grades. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some are quite insignificant. This nursing home received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple relatively minor dings are not necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of long-term care. We awarded them one of our higher scores in that category, with a score of B. Nursing homes that do well in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents out of the hospital. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Homestead II?
This facility's next best category grade came in the area of nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B-. This wasn't quite on par with some of its other category grades mentioned above. In determining a facility's nursing grade, we assess the amount of time nurses commit to residents and the level of licensure of those nurses. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a low total compared with most facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility surprisingly fared better in some of the quality measures we looked at. In fact, it scored well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the final category, this facility received a respectable short-term care score of B-. Our short-term care grades are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a vast spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this facility provided registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The last metric we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to return home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. This figure was below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Homestead II Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Homestead II, 1.37% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term residents who developed pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Homestead II, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of long-term residents who sustained falls which resulted in serious injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Homestead II, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Homestead II, 5.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to residents for many conditions, including cognitive disorders. Tragically, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Homestead II, 21.71% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Homestead II, 11.97% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Homestead II, 100% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Homestead II, 5.56% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the decline of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Homestead II, 3.43% of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Homestead II, 3.43% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Homestead II, 80.92% of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living typically correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
Scores for Painesville, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Painesville, Ohio has 3 other nursing homes
- Lake HealthAcute Care Hospitals 3.99 miles away7590 Auburn Road Painesville Ohio 44077Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 953-9600
- Uh Geauga Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.01 miles away13207 Ravenna Rd Chardon Ohio 44024Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 269-6000
- Uhhs Memorial Hospital of GenevaCritical Access Hospitals 15.64 miles away870 West Main Street Geneva Ohio 44041Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 466-1141
- Uhhs Richmond Heights HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.92 miles away27100 Chardon Road Cleveland Ohio 44143Proprietary(440) 585-6170
- Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.06 miles away6780 Mayfield Road Cleveland Ohio 44124Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 312-4500
- Community Dialysis Center1.65 miles away1233 Mentor Avenue Painesville Ohio 44077Dialysis Stations: 15 (440) 357-9262
- Davita - Auburn Road Dialysis3.99 miles away7611 Auburn Road Painesville Ohio 44077Dialysis Stations: 13 (440) 357-2927
- Community Dialysis Center7.83 miles away8900 Tyler Blvd Mentor Ohio 44060CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (440) 951-3602
- Fmc - Mentor Dialysis7.83 miles away8840 Tyler Blvd Mentor Ohio 44060Dialysis Stations: 17 (440) 974-3459
- Cdc Home Care Mentor7.83 miles away8900 Tyler Blvd Mentor Ohio 44060Dialysis Stations: 4 (440) 951-3602
- Davita North Ridge Dialysis11.86 miles away6830 North Ridge Road Madison Ohio 44057Dialysis Stations: 12 (440) 428-8377
- Center for Dialysis Care at Heather Hill13.35 miles away12340 Basslake Road Chardon Ohio 44024Dialysis Stations: 12 (440) 286-4103
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group Euclid15.98 miles away26450 Euclid Ave. Euclid Ohio 44132Dialysis Stations: 21 (216) 731-0513