Home at Taylor's Pointe is an average-sized nursing home located in Cincinnati, Ohio. This nursing home was given an F, which is definitely concerning in our grading scheme. We ranked this as one of the ten worst rated nursing homes in Cincinnati. Given that the city offers countless other nursing homes, you should be able to find an alternative here. If you aren't deterred by this nursing home's profile, you can continue reading to find out about its category grades. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Home at Taylor's Pointe
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
3464 Springdale Road,
Cincinnati OH 45251
79.34% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall score was terrible, it performed well in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B+ for that area, which is one of our better scores. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. It is typically in your best interest to avoid nursing homes that have too many severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
We gave this facility just a D for our short-term care rating and that actually wound up as its next best score. Our short-term care grades are important for individuals seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates additional highly-skilled nursing. This includes a vast scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Given its weak grade in this category, we weren't surprised to learn this facility offered far fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We were surprised to find that it performed better in this area, with 52.8 percent of its residents returning home. This was just about this nursing home's sole highlight in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Home at Taylor's Pointe?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility wound up receiving a a terrible score in our long-term care category. It was given an F in this category. Facilities that do not fare well in this category typically aren't as well-staffed and are lagging in a few of the areas of routine medical care we looked at. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. Candidly, we were a bit alarmed this facility vaccinated 84.50704 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which happens to be several points below what we expected. Finally, we looked at the nursing home's number of hospitalizations. We found that this nursing home had 2.06 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, this figure is also alarming.
The final area we rated is nursing. It received an F for this category, which is a rock bottom score. Our nursing rating focuses on the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We weigh both the levels of licensure of those nurses and the quantity of hours spent with patients. This nursing home averages 3.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day, which is below the national average. To pair with its low totals in the area of nursing hours per resident, this facility also didn't perform as well in the quality-based measures we looked at in calculating our nursing grades. We looked at the percentage of residents experiencing pressure ulcers and major falls. This place had more falls and pressure ulcers than the average facility.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Home at Taylor's Pointe Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Home at Taylor's Pointe, 7.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percent of long-term care patients which developed new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Home at Taylor's Pointe, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Home at Taylor's Pointe, 1.75% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to facilities with worst hygiene practices. Better hygiene protocols reduces the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Home at Taylor's Pointe, 12.79% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Home at Taylor's Pointe, 22.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Home at Taylor's Pointe, 19.84% of Patients
This is the percent of residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Home at Taylor's Pointe, 90.11% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Home at Taylor's Pointe, 15.05% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and continence. Many argue this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Home at Taylor's Pointe, 18.59% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry argue that the ability to move around is important for patients well-being.
In Home at Taylor's Pointe, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Home at Taylor's Pointe, 18.59 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Home at Taylor's Pointe, 74.53% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's generally correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Cincinnati, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cincinnati, Ohio has 51 other nursing homes
- Mercy Health - West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.92 miles away3300 Mercy Health Blvd Cincinnati Ohio 45211Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 215-5000
- Mercy Health - Fairfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.67 miles away3000 Mack Road Fairfield Ohio 45014Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 870-7197
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.53 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 9.07 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 9.26 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.05 miles away2139 Auburn Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 585-2000
- Fort Hamilton Hughes Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.37 miles away630 Eaton Avenue Hamilton Ohio 45013Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 867-2000
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 12.16 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- Davita - White Oak Home Dialysis2.53 miles away5520 Cheviot Road, Suite B Cincinnati Ohio 45247Dialysis Stations: 4 (513) 385-3580
- Davita - White Oak Dialysis2.53 miles away5520 Cheviot Road, Suite B Cincinnati Ohio 45247CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (513) 741-1062
- Davita Affinity Place Dialysis3.21 miles away7700 Affinity Place Cincinnati Ohio 45231Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 521-0981
- Dca of Cincinnati3.22 miles away7600 Affinity Place Cincinnati Ohio 45231Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 931-7900
- Cinld, LLC3.48 miles away1555 Goodman Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45224Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 521-2018
- Fmc- Liberty Forest Fair LLC4.5 miles away1198 West Kemper Road Cincinnati Ohio 45240Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 648-9175
- Dci - Forest Park4.55 miles away1075 Kemper Meadow Dr Cincinnati Ohio 45240Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 522-6200
- Davita - Forest Fair4.71 miles away1145 Kemper Meadow Drive 45240 Cincinnati Ohio 45231CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 674-1691