With an address in Palos Park, Illinois, Symphony Palos Park is the sole nursing home we were able to find in the city. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of B-. A score of this caliber requires some decent scores. You can definitely do worse than this place. You should also take a look at this nursing home's category grades below. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Symphony Palos Park
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Please note our records indicate that Symphony Palos Park has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We gave this nursing home an impressive grade of A- for our short-term care rating. This is far more impressive than the nursing home's overall score. In computing our short-term care scores, we look at a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This grade is more often than not a useful measure of the nursing home's rehabilitation. We weren't able to locate information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients that were able to return home from this facility. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
We would also like to draw your attention to this facility's strong inspection grade. This nursing home earned a B in this category, which is one of our better grades. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This means that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily something to panic about.
Does this page answer your questions about Symphony Palos Park?
This facility's next best category grade came in the area of nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B-. Our nursing score analyzes quite a few components, however, the most important one is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This place provides only 0 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is a somewhat alarming figure as it is well below average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics. Although this place got docked a bit for nursing hours, it actually excelled in a few of these quality-based metrics. With fewer than five percent of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, it performed very well in this subcategory. This is often an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by having a system of moving a resident more frequently.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the fourth area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of D for long-term care. This is the facility's weakest category grade. Naturally, this score hurt the nursing home's overall grade to a certain degree. Nursing homes that don't fare well in this category typically aren't as well-staffed and are lagging in a few of the areas of routine healthcare services we looked at. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 93.84615 percent of its patients. This is somewhat less than we were hoping for but still a decent figure. To our surprise, this place was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Symphony Palos Park Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Symphony Palos Park, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Symphony Palos Park, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are routinely associated with lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing protocols reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Symphony Palos Park, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely caused by worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric can also be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Symphony Palos Park, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used to treat a variety of medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Symphony Palos Park, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Symphony Palos Park, 30.45% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Symphony Palos Park, 87.4% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Symphony Palos Park, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Symphony Palos Park, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term care patients that were able to retain mobility. Some experts argue that mobility is important for residents' physical and mental health.
In Symphony Palos Park, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Symphony Palos Park, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Symphony Palos Park, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Symphony Palos Park, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some argue that this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Palos Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.98 miles away12251 South 80th Avenue Palos Heights Illinois 60463Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 923-4000
- Adventist Bolingbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.85 miles away500 Remington Boulevard Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 312-5000
- Adventist La Grange Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.07 miles away5101 S Willow Springs Rd La Grange Illinois 60525Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 352-1200
- Silver Cross Hospital and Medical CentersAcute Care Hospitals 9.3 miles away1900 Silver Cross Blvd New Lenox Illinois 60451Voluntary non-profit - Private(815) 300-1100
- Adventist Hinsdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.53 miles away120 North Oak St Hinsdale Illinois 60521Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 856-9000
- Advocate Christ Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.99 miles away4440 W 95th Street Oak Lawn Illinois 60453Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 684-8000
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.59 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Little Company of Mary HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.96 miles away2800 W 95th St Evergreen Park Illinois 60805Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 422-6200
- Davita - Palos Park Dialysis4.81 miles away13155 S. Lagrange Road Orland Park Illinois 60462Dialysis Stations: 12 (708) 923-0928
- Fmc - Lemont5.23 miles away16177 W 127th Street Lemont Illinois 60439Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 243-0393
- Usrc - Hickory Hills Dialysis5.93 miles away9640 S. Roberts Road Suite B-3a Hickory Hills Illinois 60457Dialysis Stations: 13 (708) 459-9598
- Fmc - Orland Park6.16 miles away9160 W 159th Street Orland Park Illinois 60462Dialysis Stations: 18 (708) 403-2790
- Fmc - Willowbrook7.15 miles away6300 S Kingery Hwy Ste 408 Willowbrook Illinois 60527CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (630) 325-0309
- Davita - Chicago Ridge Dialysis7.27 miles away10511 S. Harlem Ave. Chicago Ridge Illinois 60415Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 361-2863
- Davita - Stony Creek Dialysis7.88 miles away6246 W 95th St Oak Lawn Illinois 60453CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 233-9027
- Usrc - Bolingbrook8.45 miles away396 Remington Blvd., Suite 100 Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 759-1943