With an address in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, Holy Family Manor is one of seven available facilities in this area. Featuring an overall grade of A-, this is without a doubt a high quality nursing home. This grade is higher than the city grade of A- in Bethlehem, which is also an impressive grade. This place's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Holy Family Manor
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Bethlehem senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its favorable overall score, we awarded this facility an A+ for our inspection category. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was superb in the area of short-term care, where it received a score of A-. Few facilities performed better in this area. With our short-term care grade, we endeavor to craft a sound gauge for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we look at a facility's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.5 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Holy Family Manor?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B. The nursing grade consists of quite a few components, many of which are based on quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed was long-term care, in which this nursing home was given a B-. Even though this proved to be its lowest category grade, this is nevertheless not a major area of concern. In a long-term care environment, the facility's primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. Once we concluded our assessment of the quantity of nursing care, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. We were a bit worried that this facility vaccinated just 88.30769 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Nevertheless, this place keeps its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Holy Family Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Holy Family Manor, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who have new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are an barometer of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Holy Family Manor, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Holy Family Manor, 5.84% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this statistic may be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Holy Family Manor, 12% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Holy Family Manor, 26.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Holy Family Manor, 0.33% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Holy Family Manor, 91.71% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Holy Family Manor, 8.56% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Holy Family Manor, 12.61% of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that maintained mobility.
In Holy Family Manor, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Holy Family Manor, 12.61% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Holy Family Manor, 9.49% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Holy Family Manor, 71.18% of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living typically correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
Scores for Bethlehem, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Bethlehem, Pennsylvania has 6 other nursing homes
- St Luke's Hospital BethlehemAcute Care Hospitals 0.73 miles away801 Ostrum Street Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 954-4000
- Sacred Heart HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.65 miles away421 Chew Street Allentown Pennsylvania 18102Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 776-4900
- St Luke's Hospital - Anderson CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.22 miles away1872 St Luke's Blvd Easton Pennsylvania 18045Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 503-3000
- Lehigh Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.21 miles away1200 South Cedar Crest Boulevard Allentown Pennsylvania 18105Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 402-2273
- Easton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.5 miles away250 South 21st Street Easton Pennsylvania 18042Proprietary(610) 250-4076
- St Luke's Quakertown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.79 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 538-4500
- St Luke's Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.91 miles away185 Roseberry St Phillipsburg New Jersey 08865Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 847-6700
- Palmerton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.89 miles away135 Lafayette Avenue Palmerton Pennsylvania 18071Voluntary non-profit - Other(610) 826-3141
- Davita - St. Luke's Bethlehem0.94 miles away1425 8th Avenue Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18018CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (484) 403-4304
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Bethlehem2.77 miles away2014 City Line Road, Suite 102 Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 264-9660
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc3.37 miles away1005 Harvard Avenue Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Dialysis Stations: 17 (610) 997-8350
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Fogelsville3.72 miles away7310 Tilghman Street, Suite 100 Allentown Pennsylvania 18106Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 395-1980
- Etowah Dialysis, LLC4.14 miles away1220 3rd Street Whitehall Pennsylvania 18052Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 266-1706
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Whitehall4.72 miles away1320 Mickley Road Whitehall Pennsylvania 18052CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (610) 264-2228
- Davita - St. Luke's Allentown Dialysis5.35 miles away1901 Hamilton St., Suite 100 Allentown Pennsylvania 18104Dialysis Stations: 4 (610) 435-2590
- Etowah Dialysis, LLC5.35 miles away1901 Hamilton St., Suite 200 Allentown Pennsylvania 18104Dialysis Stations: 4 (610) 776-1479