With an address in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, Holy Family Manor is one of seven available facilities in this area. Featuring an overall grade of B+, this looks like a strong nursing home. Remarkably, the nursing homes in Bethlehem received high scores across the board, making this one of the best places in Pennsylvania to find a nursing home. We also gave this nursing home impressive grades in all of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Holy Family Manor
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1200 Spring Street,
Bethlehem PA 18018
50.91% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with a favorable overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings weigh a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher grades in this area typically have very few of these severe deficiencies. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given an impressive short-term care grade. Indeed, we gave it an above average score of B+ in this category. In the category of short-term care, we seek to evaluate indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we assessed in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Holy Family Manor?
In addition, this facility also received favorable nursing grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B. Nursing scores are primarily tied to the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility Pennsylvania in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of turning patients more often.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we scored was long-term care. In this category, we awarded this nursing home a favorable grade of B. Facilities that excel in this category typically provide residents with closer supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. After we finished assessing the volume of care provided by nurses, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 96.38989 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia sadly can be a deadly ailment for nursing home patients so we prefer when a facility does not take any chances. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Holy Family Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Holy Family Manor, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Holy Family Manor, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percent of long-term residents which experienced a fall which caused serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Holy Family Manor, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percent of long-term residents who experienced a UTI. UTI's could be an indication of poor nursing care. However, this metric can also be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Holy Family Manor, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for a variety of medical conditions, including dementia. Sadly, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Holy Family Manor, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients who are prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are used to treat patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Holy Family Manor, 3.12% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Holy Family Manor, 88.22% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Holy Family Manor, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of erosion of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Holy Family Manor, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that remained mobile levels. Many argue that mobility is critical to patients mental and physical well-being.
In Holy Family Manor, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Holy Family Manor, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Holy Family Manor, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Holy Family Manor, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Bethlehem, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Bethlehem, Pennsylvania has 6 other nursing homes
- St Luke's Hospital BethlehemAcute Care Hospitals 0.73 miles away801 Ostrum Street Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 954-4000
- Sacred Heart HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.65 miles away421 Chew Street Allentown Pennsylvania 18102Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 776-4900
- St Luke's Hospital - Anderson CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.22 miles away1872 St Luke's Blvd Easton Pennsylvania 18045Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 503-3000
- Lehigh Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.21 miles away1200 South Cedar Crest Boulevard Allentown Pennsylvania 18105Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 402-2273
- Easton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.5 miles away250 South 21st Street Easton Pennsylvania 18042Proprietary(610) 250-4076
- St Luke's Quakertown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.79 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 538-4500
- St Luke's Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.91 miles away185 Roseberry St Phillipsburg New Jersey 08865Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 847-6700
- Palmerton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.89 miles away135 Lafayette Avenue Palmerton Pennsylvania 18071Voluntary non-profit - Other(610) 826-3141
- Davita - St. Luke's Bethlehem0.94 miles away1425 8th Avenue Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18018CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (484) 403-4304
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Bethlehem2.77 miles away2014 City Line Road, Suite 102 Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 264-9660
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc3.37 miles away1005 Harvard Avenue Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Dialysis Stations: 17 (610) 997-8350
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Fogelsville3.72 miles away7310 Tilghman Street, Suite 100 Allentown Pennsylvania 18106Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 395-1980
- Etowah Dialysis, LLC4.14 miles away1220 3rd Street Whitehall Pennsylvania 18052Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 266-1706
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Whitehall4.72 miles away1320 Mickley Road Whitehall Pennsylvania 18052CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (610) 264-2228
- Davita - St. Luke's Allentown Dialysis5.35 miles away1901 Hamilton St., Suite 100 Allentown Pennsylvania 18104Dialysis Stations: 4 (610) 435-2590
- Etowah Dialysis, LLC5.35 miles away1901 Hamilton St., Suite 200 Allentown Pennsylvania 18104Dialysis Stations: 4 (610) 776-1479