With an address in Los Angeles, California, Hollywood Premier Healthcare Center is on a list of 75 facilities in the city. Featuring an overall grade of F, we consider this to be a bottom of the barrel facility. Based on our ratings, this place probably isn't a good fit for any prospective resident. We would not blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, we will discuss inspections in the next section.
Hollywood Premier Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually didn't perform terribly in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B- for that category, which is one of our better scores. Inspection grades account for several factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. This nursing home was assessed 9 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that the government inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies an immediate risk to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
This nursing home excelled in our nursing category, where it earned an C. Few nursing homes fared better in this area. Nursing scores are largely tied to the facility's nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home fared better in some of the quality measures we assessed. It scored well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be measures of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the quantity of hours of care provided.
Does this page answer your questions about Hollywood Premier Healthcare Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this nursing home's third best category is long-term care. Nevertheless, with a grade of D in this category, it still fared relatively badly. For patients in need of a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. Once we assessed the volume of nursing care, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. We were optimistic to discover that this nursing home vaccinates 99.07834 percent of its patients for pneumonia. To our surprise, this facility was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we assessed is short-term care. This facility received a poor grade of F in that area. In the category of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze a facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who returned home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 2.8 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hollywood Premier Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hollywood Premier Healthcare Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hollywood Premier Healthcare Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that had a fall leading to major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hollywood Premier Healthcare Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hollywood Premier Healthcare Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used for treating a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hollywood Premier Healthcare Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hollywood Premier Healthcare Center, 4.64% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hollywood Premier Healthcare Center, 95.44% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hollywood Premier Healthcare Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hollywood Premier Healthcare Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that maintained mobility. Many in the industry would argue that mobility is important for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hollywood Premier Healthcare Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hollywood Premier Healthcare Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hollywood Premier Healthcare Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some believe that this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Los Angeles, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Los Angeles, California has 74 other nursing homes
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.89 miles away1300 N Vermont Ave Los Angeles California 90027Proprietary(213) 413-3000
- Children's Hosp of Los AngelesChildrens 0.96 miles away4650 Sunset Blvd, Ms 108 Los Angeles California 90027Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 669-2164
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 1.04 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- Saint Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.95 miles away2131 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90057Voluntary non-profit - Church(213) 484-7111
- Glendale Mem Hospital & Hlth CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.58 miles away1420 S Central Ave Glendale California 91204Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 502-1900
- Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.35 miles away8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles California 90048Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 423-5000
- Providence Saint Joseph Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 4.52 miles away501 South Buena Vista Street Burbank California 91505Voluntary non-profit - Church(818) 843-5111
- California Hospital Medical Center LaAcute Care Hospitals 4.71 miles away1401 South Grand Avenue Los Angeles California 90015Voluntary non-profit - Other(213) 748-2411
- Davita-Hollywood Dialysis Center0.96 miles away5108 Sunset Blvd. Los Angeles California 90027CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (323) 913-4010
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- Sunset2.01 miles awayDialysis Unit 4700 Sunset Blvd., 2nd Floor Los Angeles California 90027CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (323) 783-5580
- Childrens Hospital of Los Angeles2.01 miles awayDivision of Nephrology (Dialysis) 4650 Sunset Blvd., Box 40 Los Angeles California 90027Dialysis Stations: 10 (323) 361-4788
- Davita-Silver Lake Dialysis2.18 miles away2723 W. Temple St Los Angeles California 90026CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (213) 480-3039
- Fmc-Dialysis Services of Mid-Wilshire2.28 miles away3545 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 100-103 Los Angeles California 90010CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (213) 382-8864
- u.s. Renal Care Downtown Los Angeles Dialysis2.72 miles away2511 W 3rd Street, Suite 120 Los Angeles California 90057Dialysis Stations: 24 (213) 487-7730
- St. Vincent Dialysis Center, Inc.2.95 miles away201 S. Alvarado Street, Suite 220 Los Angeles California 90057Dialysis Stations: 17 (213) 484-7425
- Davita-Crescent Heights Dialysis Center3.63 miles away8151 Beverly Blvd. Los Angeles California 90048CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (323) 655-6226