Hollymead is an average-sized government-owned facility in Flower Mound, Texas. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of B-. A grade of this caliber requires some respectable marks. At the end of the day, this nursing home ought to be a solid choice for most people. We were also pleased to find that this nursing home received consistently decent grades in all four of the other areas we looked at. Additional information about these categories can be found below.
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
4101 Long Prairie Road,
Flower Mound TX 75028
56.78% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Government - Hospital district
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This facility excelled in our short-term care rating, with an impressive grade of A- in this area. This really propped up its overall grade. Short-term care scores are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a vast spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. It doesn't appear that this facility provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final datapoint we looked at in this category is the number of residents who ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
This nursing home's inspection grade exceeded its overall score as well. We gave them one of our better scores in that area, with a B. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection scores. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be relatively minor. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we have deficiency counts for this nursing home. Without complete deficiency data for this facility, it ended up being difficult to fully assess it in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Hollymead?
This nursing home also received a strong nursing grade. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B in that category, which is one of our better scores. Nursing scores are based in large part on quantity of nursing care available. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our next area, this nursing home received an acceptable long-term care grade of C. Long-term care grades assess a facility's assistance with daily living instead of the highly skilled nursing and medical services that are critical to a rehabilitation facility. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 99.42197 percent of its patients. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hollymead Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hollymead, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hollymead, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hollymead, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hollymead, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are sometimes used for several medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hollymead, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This measures the percent of long-term patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hollymead, 4.81% of Patients
This is the percent of residents demonstrating signs of depression. Higher levels of depression could indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hollymead, 94.64% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hollymead, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of erosion of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hollymead, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Hollymead, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hollymead, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hollymead, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hollymead, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living often correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Flower MoundAcute Care Hospitals 0.25 miles away4400 Long Prairie Road Flower Mound Texas 75028Proprietary(972) 419-1530
- Medical Center of LewisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 3.88 miles away500 West Main Street Lewisville Texas 75057Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 420-1000
- Baylor Medical Center at Trophy ClubAcute Care Hospitals 7.13 miles away2850 E State Highway 114 Roanoke Texas 76262Proprietary(817) 837-4600
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center GrapevineAcute Care Hospitals 7.43 miles away1650 W College St Grapevine Texas 76051Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 481-1588
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital SouthlakeAcute Care Hospitals 7.69 miles away1545 E Southlake Blvd Southlake Texas 76092Government - State(817) 748-8700
- The Heart Hospital Baylor DentonAcute Care Hospitals 9.34 miles away2801 South Mayhill Road Denton Texas 76208Physician(940) 220-0600
- Medical City DentonAcute Care Hospitals 9.38 miles away3535 South i35 East Denton Texas 76210Proprietary(940) 384-3535
- First Texas Hospital Carrollton LLCAcute Care Hospitals 10.76 miles away1401 E Trinity Mills Road Carrollton Texas 75006Proprietary(972) 810-0700
- Renal Center of Flower Mound, LLC0.75 miles away4941 Long Prairie Rd Flower Mound Texas 75028Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 537-5572
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Flower Mound1.67 miles away785 Cross Timbers Suite 145 Flower Mound Texas 75028Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 471-9499
- Highland Village Dialysis2.19 miles away2700 Village Pkwy Lewisville Texas 75077Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 317-5609
- Liberty Dialysis of South Lewisville4.85 miles away101 E Southwest Pkwy Lewisville Texas 75067Dialysis Stations: 17 (469) 549-7424
- Renal Center of Lewisville5.68 miles away1600 Waters Ridge Drive Suite B Lewisville Texas 75057CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (972) 436-7211
- Grapevine Dialysis7.05 miles away1651 W. Northwest Hwy Grapevine Texas 76051CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (817) 251-0675
- Liberty Dialysis Lake Lewisville7.66 miles away3400 Corinth Parkway Suite 130 Denton Texas 76208Dialysis Stations: 16 (940) 497-1414
- Ar - Grapevine Kidney Center, LLC7.93 miles away1270 William D. Tate Ave Suite 300 Grapevine Texas 76051Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 421-6326