Holly Hill Nursing Home is a facility located in Newbury, Ohio, which has 4,433 people. This nursing home turns out to be an A rated facility. This facility received one of the most impressive grades we offer. A grade of this caliber requires superb scores across the board. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top fifth of all nursing homes in the nation. Headlining this place's exemplary profile is its inspection reports, which you can find in the next section.
Holly Hill Nursing Home
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
10190 Fairmount Rd,
Newbury OH 44065
78.15% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving an elite overall rating, this nursing home earned an A+ inspection grade. This is based on its recent government inspections. An A+ in this area is one of the best complements we can pay to a facility. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with higher grades in this category most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its first-rate profile, this nursing home also excelled in our short-term care area. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- for the category. Our short-term care grade is generally used to score a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. To offer good rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must offer better levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. This nursing home elevated its grade in this category by offering more care from registered nurses to its residents than the average facility. The last measure we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that it performed as well as just about any nursing home in Ohio in this area with 62.6 percent of its patients returning home. For most nursing homes, less than half of their short-stay residents return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Holly Hill Nursing Home?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Our nursing rating is based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of training of the nurses and the quantity of hours spent with residents. This nursing home provides 3.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the last category, this nursing home was given an excellent long-term care grade. We gave it a grade of A- in this category, rounding out a straight A profile. Nursing homes that do well in this category typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is far higher than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Holly Hill Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Holly Hill Nursing Home, 7.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents that suffered from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an measure of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Holly Hill Nursing Home, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Falls are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Holly Hill Nursing Home, 1.75% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term residents who suffered from a UTI. While more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is problematic to compare between nursing homes due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Holly Hill Nursing Home, 12.79% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term care patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Holly Hill Nursing Home, 22.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who were administered antianxiety medication. These medications are given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Holly Hill Nursing Home, 19.84% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Holly Hill Nursing Home, 90.11% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Holly Hill Nursing Home, 15.05% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Holly Hill Nursing Home, 18.59% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who remained mobile levels. Some believe that mobility is vital to residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Holly Hill Nursing Home, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Holly Hill Nursing Home, 18.59 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Holly Hill Nursing Home, 11.79 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Holly Hill Nursing Home, 74.53% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements.
- Uh Geauga Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.5 miles away13207 Ravenna Rd Chardon Ohio 44024Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 269-6000
- Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.34 miles away6780 Mayfield Road Cleveland Ohio 44124Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 312-4500
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.67 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Lake HealthAcute Care Hospitals 12.23 miles away7590 Auburn Road Painesville Ohio 44077Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 953-9600
- Uhhs Richmond Heights HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.6 miles away27100 Chardon Road Cleveland Ohio 44143Proprietary(440) 585-6170
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.02 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 17.02 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.24 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Center for Dialysis Care at Heather Hill4.13 miles away12340 Basslake Road Chardon Ohio 44024Dialysis Stations: 12 (440) 286-4103
- Community Dialysis Center10.77 miles away27350 Cedar Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 12 (216) 378-1580
- Ohio Renal Holdings Inc.11.27 miles away3609 Park East Drive, Suite 106 North Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 6 (216) 455-1315
- Fmc - Solon11.73 miles away6020 Enterprise Parkway Solon Ohio 44139Dialysis Stations: 16 (440) 248-7061
- Davita - Auburn Road Dialysis12.24 miles away7611 Auburn Road Painesville Ohio 44077Dialysis Stations: 13 (440) 357-2927
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group-North Randall12.31 miles away5035 Richmond Road Bedford Ohio 44146Dialysis Stations: 15 (216) 591-1364
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.12.35 miles away4877 Galaxy Parkway Suite A Cleveland Ohio 44128CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (216) 378-5050
- Fmc - Mentor Dialysis12.79 miles away8840 Tyler Blvd Mentor Ohio 44060Dialysis Stations: 17 (440) 974-3459