OHMAN Family Living at Holly is a facility located in Newbury, Ohio, a city with 4,433 people. We awarded this nursing home an A- overall grade, ranking it in the top third of all nursing homes in the nation. We flat out can't say enough favorable things about this nursing home. This nursing home's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection reports, which you can find in the next paragraph.
OHMAN Family Living at Holly
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is it received an A+ in our inspections category. This is just about as good as it gets in this very important area. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's impressive category scores came in the area of long-term care. We awarded them one of our more favorable scores in that area, with a score of B+. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in this category typically provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure residents are well cared for. Once we finished looking at the amount of care provided by nurses, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia is too frequently a life or death ailment for nursing home patients so we prefer when a facility does not leave this to chance. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about OHMAN Family Living at Holly?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B. Nursing scores are based in large part on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we assessed was short-term care, in which this nursing home was awarded a B. Even though this ended up being its weakest category rating, this is still a good grade. Our short-term care ratings are probably most important for people needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation generally utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing. This means not just nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.3 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
OHMAN Family Living at Holly Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In OHMAN Family Living at Holly, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of long-term care patients who are suffering from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In OHMAN Family Living at Holly, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term stay residents who suffered a fall which resulted in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In OHMAN Family Living at Holly, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely linked to a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this metric could be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In OHMAN Family Living at Holly, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In OHMAN Family Living at Holly, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In OHMAN Family Living at Holly, 20.26% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients showing symptoms of depression. High levels of depression may indicate worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In OHMAN Family Living at Holly, 90.12% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In OHMAN Family Living at Holly, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In OHMAN Family Living at Holly, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In OHMAN Family Living at Holly, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In OHMAN Family Living at Holly, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In OHMAN Family Living at Holly, 12 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In OHMAN Family Living at Holly, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Uh Geauga Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.5 miles away13207 Ravenna Rd Chardon Ohio 44024Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 269-6000
- Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.34 miles away6780 Mayfield Road Cleveland Ohio 44124Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 312-4500
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.67 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Lake HealthAcute Care Hospitals 12.23 miles away7590 Auburn Road Painesville Ohio 44077Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 953-9600
- Uhhs Richmond Heights HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.6 miles away27100 Chardon Road Cleveland Ohio 44143Proprietary(440) 585-6170
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.02 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 17.02 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.24 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Center for Dialysis Care at Heather Hill4.13 miles away12340 Basslake Road Chardon Ohio 44024Dialysis Stations: 12 (440) 286-4103
- Community Dialysis Center10.77 miles away27350 Cedar Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 12 (216) 378-1580
- Ohio Renal Holdings Inc.11.27 miles away3609 Park East Drive, Suite 106 North Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 6 (216) 455-1315
- Fmc - Solon11.73 miles away6020 Enterprise Parkway Solon Ohio 44139Dialysis Stations: 16 (440) 248-7061
- Davita - Auburn Road Dialysis12.24 miles away7611 Auburn Road Painesville Ohio 44077Dialysis Stations: 13 (440) 357-2927
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group-North Randall12.31 miles away5035 Richmond Road Bedford Ohio 44146Dialysis Stations: 15 (216) 591-1364
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.12.35 miles away4877 Galaxy Parkway Suite A Cleveland Ohio 44128CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (216) 378-5050
- Fmc - Mentor Dialysis12.79 miles away8840 Tyler Blvd Mentor Ohio 44060Dialysis Stations: 17 (440) 974-3459