Holly Hall is a small non-profit facility in Houston, Texas. This is a great nursing home. We gave this it an overall grade of B+, which is a strong grade. At the end of the day, this facility looks like a good fit for most people. Fortunately, this facility didn't have any bad scores in any of the major categories discussed below. Additional information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Houston senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a strong overall grade, this place also earned first-rate inspections in recent years. We awarded them one of our higher grades in that area, with an A. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection ratings. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are relatively insignificant. It does not look like we have information on deficiency's for this nursing home. We would like to have more information about this nursing home. Without having the deficiency data, it was challenging to really evaluate the place in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to this nursing home's list of achievements, it also was given a very favorable short-term care grade. We awarded them a strong strong of A- in this category. In determining our short-term care grades, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The goal is to devise a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we considered in this category is the percentage of residents that returned home from the nursing home. We found that 5.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Holly Hall?
In addition, this facility also received favorable nursing grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. There are many datapoints included in this category. Most of these criteria relate to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we graded is long-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility a decent grade of C. This is this nursing home's weakest category. In calculating our long-term care ratings, we quantify the nursing home's ability to maintain its permanent residents' health and quality of life. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 91.666664 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is somewhat below what we expected but still a decent percentage. Nevertheless, this nursing home excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Holly Hall Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Holly Hall, 36.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Holly Hall, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Holly Hall, 4.44% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. However, this statistic may also be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Holly Hall, 8.33% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Holly Hall, 8.57% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. These drugs are commonly used to treat residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Holly Hall, 0% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Holly Hall, 85.83% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Holly Hall, 14.81% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath. Some experts believe that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Holly Hall, 12.26% of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Holly Hall, 12.26% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Holly Hall, 4.84% of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Holly Hall, 65.64% of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's generally correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
Scores for Houston, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Houston, Texas has 59 other nursing homes
- Sun Behavioral HoustonPsychiatric 0.47 miles away7601 Fannin Street Houston Texas 77054Proprietary(713) 795-5025
- Womans Hospital of Texas,TheAcute Care Hospitals 0.53 miles away7600 Fannin Houston Texas 77054Proprietary(713) 790-1234
- Harris Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 0.86 miles away2525 Holly Hall Houston Texas 77054Government - Hospital District or Authority(713) 566-6417
- Chi St Luke's Health Baylor College of Medicine MeAcute Care Hospitals 1.03 miles away7200 Cambridge, 11th Floor Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Church(832) 355-1000
- Texas Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.15 miles away7401 South Main Street Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Other(713) 799-8600
- Texas Childrens HospChildrens 1.61 miles away6621 Fannin Street Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Private(832) 824-1000
- Houston Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.74 miles away6565 Fannin Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 790-2221
- Memorial Hermann Texas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.96 miles away6411 Fannin Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 704-3700
- Us Renal Care Home Therapies0.24 miles away8515 Fannin Street Houston Texas 77054Dialysis Stations: 5 (713) 668-2744
- Premier Dialysis-Dsi, LLC0.49 miles away8181 N Stadium Drive Suite 100 Houston Texas 77054Dialysis Stations: 15 (713) 425-1969
- Med Center at Home0.57 miles away7580 Fannin Street, Suite 230 Houston Texas 77054Dialysis Stations: 4 (713) 790-0150
- Reliant Dialysis0.67 miles away1335 La Concha Houston Texas 77054Dialysis Stations: 24 (713) 794-0600
- Houston Dialysis0.76 miles away900 South Loop West Ste. 100 Houston Texas 77054CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (713) 748-0942
- Fresenius Medical Care Texas Medical Center Home0.85 miles away1333 Old Spanish Trail Suite J Houston Texas 77054Dialysis Stations: 6 (713) 791-9690
- Fresenius Medical Care Houston Home LLC1.06 miles away9001 Kirby Drive Houston Texas 77054Dialysis Stations: 2 (713) 790-1581
- Marsher Dialysis LLC1.09 miles away7505 S Main Suite 120 Houston Texas 77030Dialysis Stations: 4 (713) 799-9344