Holladay Healthcare Center is in the large metropolitan area of Salt Lake City, Utah. We awarded this facility a superb overall grade of A-. As a result, it is among the better nursing homes in Salt Lake City, which offers some quality nursing homes. You really can not do much better than this place. This facility also received very consistent scores in all four of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Holladay Healthcare Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
4782 South Holladay Boulevard,
Salt Lake City UT 84117
64.91% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to earning a strong overall score, this facility excelled in inspections, which is based on the facility's inspection reports. In fact, we gave it an A in this area. Inspection ratings are tied to many items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this category have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was strong in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a score of A-. Few facilities performed better in this category. Our short-term care grade is generally used to score a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To have highly rated rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to have better levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This nursing home excelled in the two key staffing areas we looked at. It offered more care from physical therapists and registered nurses than the average nursing home. The last datapoint we assessed in this category is the number of patients who returned home from the facility. We found that it performed as well as just about any nursing home in Utah in this area with 59.5 percent of its residents returning home.
Does this page answer your questions about Holladay Healthcare Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning the page to our third area, we gave this facility a score of A- for our long-term care rating. This is a first-rate score. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure residents are well cared for. One of the criteria we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccines. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 99.196785 percent of its patients. This is a great way to avoid unnecessary deaths and hospitalizations for the nursing home population. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.2 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
In the last area, we gave this facility a grade of A for our nursing score. This wrapped up a very strong report card. When determining our nursing scores, we factor in both nursing hours and the levels of licensure of those nurses. This nursing home provides 3.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at certain nursing quality measures in computing our nursing grades. These include minimizing residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We look at these metrics as good measures of the caliber of nursing care offered, since better care tends to reduce these problems.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Holladay Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Holladay Healthcare Center, 5.88% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Holladay Healthcare Center, 3.49% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents who suffered falls which caused serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Holladay Healthcare Center, 2.64% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this datapoint may be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Holladay Healthcare Center, 14.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Holladay Healthcare Center, 21.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term residents who are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Holladay Healthcare Center, 11.43% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Holladay Healthcare Center, 83.42% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Holladay Healthcare Center, 13.23% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Holladay Healthcare Center, 18.94% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who remained mobile levels. Some argue that the ability to move around is important for patients mental and physical health.
In Holladay Healthcare Center, 0.9 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Holladay Healthcare Center, 18.94 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Holladay Healthcare Center, 10.55 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Holladay Healthcare Center, 71.32% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living often correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Salt Lake City, UT
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Salt Lake City, Utah has 20 other nursing homes
- St Mark's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.39 miles away1200 East 3900 South Salt Lake City Utah 84124Proprietary(801) 268-7700
- Intermountain Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.84 miles away5121 South Cottonwood Street Salt Lake City Utah 84107Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 507-7000
- Alta View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.33 miles away9660 South 1300 East Sandy Utah 84094Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 501-2600
- Primary Childrens HospitalChildrens 7.38 miles away100 North Mario Capecchi Drive Salt Lake City Utah 84113Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 662-6212
- University of Utah Hospitals and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 7.4 miles away50 North Medical Drive Salt Lake City Utah 84132Government - State(801) 581-2121
- Salt Lake Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.48 miles away1050 East South Temple Salt Lake City Utah 84102Proprietary(801) 350-4111
- Lds HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.41 miles away8th Avenue and C Street Salt Lake City Utah 84143Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 408-1100
- Jordan Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.65 miles away3580 West 9000 South West Jordan Utah 84088Voluntary non-profit - Other(801) 561-8888
- Intermountain Medical Center Dialysis Services3.77 miles away74 West Vine Street Salt Lake City Utah 84107CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (801) 507-9000
- Fresenius Kidney Care Wasatch3.94 miles away3702 South State Street, Suite 101 Salt Lake City Utah 84115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (801) 904-4407
- West Valley Dialysis Clinic6.37 miles away3854 W 5400 S Salt Lake City Utah 84129CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (801) 969-6801
- Kolff Dialysis Center/Univ. Of Utah6.44 miles away423 Wakara Way Suite 200 Salt Lake City Utah 84108Dialysis Stations: 17 (801) 581-3981
- South Valley Dialysis Center6.51 miles away8750 S Sandy Pkwy Sandy Utah 84070Dialysis Stations: 17 (801) 233-8745
- Utah Dialysis Lab6.78 miles away1000 S Main St Ste 105 Salt Lake City Utah 84101Dialysis Stations: 19 (801) 408-1400
- Oquirrh Artificial Kidney Center7.2 miles away5320 South 2700 West Salt Lake City Utah 84129CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (801) 417-9900
- Primary Children's Dialysis Center7.35 miles away81 North Mario Capecchi Dr Salt Lake City Utah 84113Dialysis Stations: 6 (801) 662-7600