Hoboken University Medical Center Tcu is a very-small hospital-based nursing home in Hoboken, New Jersey. We gave this nursing home an A overall grade, ranking it in the top ten percent of all facilities in the country. We really couldn't find many bad things to say about this place. Its ratings are impeccable. Finally, this appears to be a very consistent nursing home with consistently strong ratings in all of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Hoboken University Medical Center Tcu
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Hoboken senior living options.Get Pricing
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Hoboken, New Jersey Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Hoboken, New Jersey Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Hoboken, New Jersey Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to faring well overall, this facility also earned a nearly flawless inspection report. Therefore, it earned one of our best grades in that area with an A+. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection grades. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these end up being relatively minor. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, this facility was given elite marks in the category of short-term care. For this reason, it received one of our most impressive grades in that area with a score of A+. Our short-term care ratings are vital for prospective residents requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. This means a wide range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Hoboken University Medical Center Tcu?
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this nursing home was given a dominant score of A in our long-term care area. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. Unfortunately, it does not look like this facility submitted information on its vaccination levels. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
In the final category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing rating. This rounded out an elite profile. We analyzed the licensure of nurses employed by the facility, in addition to the quantity of time the nurses spent with residents, in calculating our rating in this area. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at certain nursing quality measures in computing our nursing grades. These include minimizing residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We view these metrics as predictive indicators of the quality of nursing care being provided, since better care tends to reduce these problems.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hoboken University Medical Center Tcu Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hoboken University Medical Center Tcu, 7.22% of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hoboken University Medical Center Tcu, 83.97% of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Carepoint Health-Hoboken University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away308 Willow Ave Hoboken New Jersey 07030Voluntary non-profit - Church(201) 418-1000
- Carepoint Health-Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.97 miles away176 Palisade Ave Jersey City New Jersey 07306Voluntary non-profit - Church(201) 795-8200
- Jersey City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.93 miles away355 Grand Street Jersey City New Jersey 07302Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 915-2000
- Mount Sinai Beth IsraelAcute Care Hospitals 2.75 miles awayFirst Avenue at 16th Street New York New York 10003Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 420-2000
- Bellevue Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.97 miles away462 First Avenue New York New York 10016Government - Local(212) 562-4141
- Nyu Langone HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 3.05 miles away550 First Avenue New York New York 10016Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 263-7300
- Mount Sinai WestAcute Care Hospitals 3.14 miles away1000 Tenth Avenue New York New York 10019Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 523-4000
- Hudson Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.02 miles away55 Meadowlands Pkwy Secaucus New Jersey 07094Proprietary(201) 392-3200
- Hamilton Pk Dialysis Center1.03 miles away328 Ninth Street Jersey City New Jersey 07302CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (201) 516-7700
- Fmc Hoboken Dialysis Ctr1.09 miles away1600 Willow Ave Hoboken New Jersey 07030Dialysis Stations: 16 (201) 656-7500
- Davita Jersey City Akc No Bergen1.38 miles away1310 5th Street North Bergen New Jersey 07047CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (201) 770-9220
- Davita Jersey City Summit Dialysis1.68 miles away414 Summit Avenue Jersey City New Jersey 07306Dialysis Stations: 21 (201) 420-8431
- New York Dialysis Services, Inc.1.92 miles away510-526 Avenue of the Americas Sub Cellar New York New York 10011CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (212) 675-6880
- Pershing LLC2 miles away422 Grand Street Jersey City New Jersey 07302Dialysis Stations: 4 (201) 332-6413
- Fmc Union Hill2.16 miles away508 31st Street Union City New Jersey 07087CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 902-9382
- Chinatown Dialysis Center Inc2.36 miles away213 Hester St. 2nd Floor New York New York 10013CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 45 (212) 925-0404