Hirest Nursing Center is located in the densely populated metropolitan area of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. With an overall score of F, we consider this to be a very poor facility. This nursing home did not have any redeeming qualities. More information on this facility's category grades may be found below. Its best category is inspections, which is discussed in the next paragraph.
Hirest Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Colostomy Care
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a bad overall score, we also gave this nursing home terrible grades across the board in each of the categories. It only received a grade of just D for its inspections rating, which was its best area. Inspection grades weigh many items found on the facility's inspection reports. When you find severe deficiencies on the reports, this is generally the worst sign. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to patient safety. Tragically, this facility had multiple category J through L deficiencies. This indicates multiple widespread deficiencies putting patient health or safety in imminent danger. Deficiencies in this category are very damaging to a nursing home's inspection grade. Lastly, we need to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home was assessed large government fines recently amounting to over $100,000. This generally means that a poor track record has been an issue for multiple years.
Long-term Care Quality
Sadly, this nursing home's next most favorable score is long-term care. However, with a D in this area, it still fared somewhat badly. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 93.971634 percent of its residents, which is more than most nursing homes. To our surprise, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Does this page answer your questions about Hirest Nursing Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, we gave this facility an F in the category of short-term care. With our short-term care category, we endeavor to craft a valuable gauge for rehabilitation. In doing so, we assess the facility's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. With a grade of this caliber in this area, we weren't surprised to find that this facility was below average in the two key staffing figures we assess. It supplied far fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most facilities. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. This definitely wasn't a strength for this facility. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, about half of their patients are able to return home so this is well below average.
Moving on to our last category, this nursing home really didn't perform well in this area either. With an abysmal grade of F in nursing, this is just about as bad as it gets. Our nursing rating looks at the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We look at both the levels of training of those nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with patients. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing grades. This nursing home performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these statistics to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hirest Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hirest Nursing Center, 9.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hirest Nursing Center, 4.58% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who sustained falls leading to major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hirest Nursing Center, 3.45% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hirest Nursing Center, 13.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that are prescribed antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely on these drugs due to having more residents suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hirest Nursing Center, 24.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hirest Nursing Center, 3.83% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are showing depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression may indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hirest Nursing Center, 92.26% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hirest Nursing Center, 14.52% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath. Many in the industry believe that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hirest Nursing Center, 16.45% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who were able to retain mobility. Many would argue that the ability to move around is critical to residents' mental and physical health.
In Hirest Nursing Center, 1.65 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is key to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hirest Nursing Center, 16.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Oklahoma City, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Oklahoma City, Oklahoma has 31 other nursing homes
- Surgical Hospital of Oklahoma, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 3.45 miles away100 Southeast 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73129Physician(405) 634-9300
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital South, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 4.43 miles away5200 East I-240 Service Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73135Physician(405) 628-6000
- Community Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 4.5 miles away3100 Southwest 89th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73159Physician(405) 602-8100
- Onecore HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.88 miles away1044 Sw 44th, Suite 350 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Other(405) 631-3085
- Integris Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.9 miles away4401 South Western Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 636-7000
- Ssm Health St Anthony Hospital - Oklahoma CityAcute Care Hospitals 8.44 miles away1000 North Lee Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73101Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 272-7000
- O U MedicineAcute Care Hospitals 8.6 miles away700 Ne 13th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 271-5911
- Grady Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.23 miles away2220 Iowa Street Chickasha Oklahoma 73018Government - Hospital District or Authority(405) 224-2300
- Fkc - Moore1.47 miles away450 N Eastern Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73160Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 790-0626
- Davita - Cleveland Pd1.85 miles away1059 Se 82nd Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73149Dialysis Stations: 8 (405) 512-6912
- Davita - Moore Dialysis1.98 miles away620 S. Santa Fe Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73160Dialysis Stations: 12 (405) 799-2439
- Fmcna - Southwest Oklahoma City Jv2.91 miles away10301 Greenbriar Pkwy Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73159CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 691-3433
- Davita - Oklahoma City South3.61 miles away319 Sw 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 634-3708
- Fmcna - South Okc Dx Ctr4.23 miles away5419 S Western Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (405) 636-1570
- Davita - Norman6.94 miles away1818 W Lindsey Bldg B ste104 Norman Oklahoma 73069Dialysis Stations: 12 (405) 360-9815
- Ou Children Dialysis7.79 miles awayOu Children's Dialysis Unit 1200 Everett Dr Ste 1-J Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Dialysis Stations: 6 (405) 271-3302