NSPIRE - Hillcrest is a very-large facility located in Hollywood, Florida. This proved to be a solid facility, with an overall grade of B-. The facilities in Hollywood received a city grade of A- so this isn't the only reliable option in the city. One of the highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong inspection rating, which you can find in the next section.
NSPIRE - Hillcrest
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home earned a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to emphasize its nearly flawless health inspections in recent years. We gave them an A- in this category. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered severe. This indicates that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate threat to patient safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. In fact, nursing proved to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an B. Nursing grades are based largely on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Florida in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a protocol of moving patients at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about NSPIRE - Hillcrest?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third most favorable category turned out to be its short-term care score, where it received a B-. Short-term care ratings are crucial for individuals requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes higher levels of skilled nursing services. This means a vast range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we assessed in this area is the number of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that just 4.9 percent of this facility's patients returned home. This figure was below average.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our last area, this nursing home received a B- for long-term care, which is generally a decent rating. Our long-term care grade focuses on a facility's personal care rather than the skilled therapy or medical services that are critical to a skilled nursing facility. After we finished assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses, we turned to the facility's vaccination statistics. We were optimistic to discover that this nursing home vaccinates 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. This facility was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
NSPIRE - Hillcrest Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In NSPIRE - Hillcrest, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In NSPIRE - Hillcrest, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who sustained a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In NSPIRE - Hillcrest, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely associated with nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better hygiene protocols reduces the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Note that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In NSPIRE - Hillcrest, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term care residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In NSPIRE - Hillcrest, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are generally used to treat patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In NSPIRE - Hillcrest, 2.43% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In NSPIRE - Hillcrest, 94.61% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In NSPIRE - Hillcrest, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In NSPIRE - Hillcrest, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels.
In NSPIRE - Hillcrest, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In NSPIRE - Hillcrest, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In NSPIRE - Hillcrest, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In NSPIRE - Hillcrest, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living typically correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
Scores for Hollywood, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Hollywood, Florida has 5 other nursing homes
- Aventura Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.39 miles away20900 Biscayne Blvd Miami Florida 33180Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 682-7000
- South Florida State HospitalPsychiatric 3.98 miles away800 E Cypress Dr Hollywood Florida 33025Government - State(305) 967-7000
- Memorial Hospital PembrokeAcute Care Hospitals 4.15 miles away7800 Sheridan St Hollywood Florida 33024Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 962-9650
- Broward Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.44 miles away1600 S Andrews Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33316Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 355-4400
- Memorial Hospital WestAcute Care Hospitals 7.73 miles away703 N Flamingo Rd Pembroke Pines Florida 33028Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 436-5000
- Plantation General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.5 miles away401 Nw 42nd Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33317Voluntary non-profit - Private(954) 587-5010
- North Shore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.93 miles away1100 Nw 95th St Miami Florida 33150Proprietary(305) 835-6000
- Memorial Hospital MiramarAcute Care Hospitals 11.96 miles away1901 Sw 172nd Ave Hollywood Florida 33029Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 538-4810
- South Broward Artificial Kidney Ctr0.56 miles away4401 Hollywood Blvd Hollywood Florida 33021CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (954) 962-2211
- Memorial Regional Hosp - Pediatric Dialysis1.17 miles away3501 Johnson St Hollywood Florida 33021Dialysis Stations: 18 (954) 265-0100
- Hollywood Dialysis1.19 miles away4000 Hollywood Blvd #175-S Hollywood Florida 33021CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (954) 962-3100
- Fresenius Kidney Care Southern Broward1.63 miles away2700 Hollywood Blvd Suite 100 Hollywood Florida 33020Dialysis Stations: 17 (954) 926-5090
- Hallandale Dialysis1.68 miles away2655 Hollywood Blvd Hollywood Florida 33020Dialysis Stations: 22 (954) 925-9909
- South Florida Dialysis2 miles away1 Oakwood Blvd #100 Hollywood Florida 33020CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (954) 894-7500
- Professional Dialysis Center2.56 miles away10021 Pines Blvd #201 Hollywood Florida 33024Dialysis Stations: 32 (954) 417-1070
- Aventura Kidney Center2.98 miles away22 Sw 11th Street Hallandale Florida 33009Dialysis Stations: 12 (954) 458-0887