Hireek Rehabilitation and Care is a large nursing home located in Louisville, Kentucky. This nursing home is a respectable facility, with an overall grade of C. You can certainly do worse than this facility. The best part of this facility's profile is is its inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Hireek Rehabilitation and Care
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
3116 Breckinridge Lane,
Louisville KY 40220
77.15% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
This facility received a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to emphasize its nearly flawless health inspection reports in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of A- in this category. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is always a good sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a positive grade in long-term care. This facility received a B+ in this category, which turns out to be one of our more favorable scores. When facilities receive a score in this range in long-term care it generally means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 97.732994 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 1.7 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than many nursing homes.
Does this page answer your questions about Hireek Rehabilitation and Care?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's second least favorable category is short-term care, where it earned a grade of just D in that area. This is a well below average score. Our short-term care scores are based on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This means a broad range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. With its score in this category, we weren't surprised to discover that this place was well below average in terms of its number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its patients based on the metrics we looked at. The last area we assessed in this area is the number of residents that ultimately returned home from the nursing home. It fared better in this area, with 52.7 percent of its residents returning home. This was just about this nursing home's only redeeming quality in this category.
This facility's weakest area was nursing, which is the final area we looked at. It received an F for this area. Even with some solid grades in other categories, this score is nevertheless of a concern so we felt obligated to draw your attention to it. Our nursing grade looks at the facility's level of nurse staffing. We consider both the levels of training of the nurses as well as the amount of time spent with patients. This nursing home averages 3.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day, which is below the national average. This facility also had abysmal scores in some of the quality-based metrics to pair with its weak nursing hours. We looked at the percent of residents sustaining pressure ulcers and we were quite disappointed. This nursing home was at roughly 1.5 times the national average in this metric.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hireek Rehabilitation and Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hireek Rehabilitation and Care, 9.24% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hireek Rehabilitation and Care, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hireek Rehabilitation and Care, 2.7% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely caused by facilities with lower levels of hygiene. More frequent bathing limits the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hireek Rehabilitation and Care, 15.86% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used to treat several conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hireek Rehabilitation and Care, 28.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are generally given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hireek Rehabilitation and Care, 7.9% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hireek Rehabilitation and Care, 91.16% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hireek Rehabilitation and Care, 15.59% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of decline of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hireek Rehabilitation and Care, 21.85% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Hireek Rehabilitation and Care, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hireek Rehabilitation and Care, 21.85 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hireek Rehabilitation and Care, 13.28 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hireek Rehabilitation and Care, 72.21% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Louisville, KY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Louisville, Kentucky has 40 other nursing homes
- Baptist Health LouisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 2.07 miles away4000 Kresge Way Louisville Kentucky 40207Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 897-8100
- The Brook Hospital - KmiPsychiatric 4.32 miles away8521 Lagrange Road Louisville Kentucky 40242Government - Federal(502) 426-6380
- University of Louisville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.84 miles away530 South Jackson Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 562-3000
- Norton Hospital / Norton Healthcare Pavilion / NorAcute Care Hospitals 7.14 miles away200 East Chestnut Street Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 629-8000
- Jewish Hospital & St Mary's HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 7.16 miles away200 Abraham Flexner Way Louisville Kentucky 40202Voluntary non-profit - Private(502) 587-4011
- Clark Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 8.21 miles away1220 Missouri Ave Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Voluntary non-profit - Other(812) 283-2147
- Wellstone Regional HospitalPsychiatric 9.31 miles away2700 Vissing Park Rd Jeffersonville Indiana 47130Proprietary(812) 284-8000
- Baptist Health FloydAcute Care Hospitals 12.77 miles away1850 State St New Albany Indiana 47150Voluntary non-profit - Private(812) 944-7701
- Fmc - Kentuckiana Home Therapies1.49 miles away6400 Dutchmans Parkway, Ste. 145 Louisville Kentucky 40205Dialysis Stations: 6 (502) 895-7650
- Fmc - Suburban1.72 miles away3991 Dutchmans Lane Suite G-02 Louisville Kentucky 40207CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (502) 895-2217
- University Kidney Center Hikes Lane LLC1.79 miles away2271 Hikes Lane Louisville Kentucky 40218CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (502) 459-5786
- Davita - Meadows East2.23 miles away2529 Six Mile Lane, Suite B Louisville Kentucky 40220Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 499-4384
- Davita - Shelbyville Road Dialysis2.7 miles away4600 Shelbyville Road, Ste 310 Louisville Kentucky 40207Dialysis Stations: 12 (502) 893-4791
- University Kidney Center - Broadway3.06 miles away2821 W Broadway Louisville Kentucky 40211CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (502) 774-8516
- Fmc - Masonic Home Dialysis3.75 miles away3501 Moyers Circle Suite 200 Masonic Home Kentucky 40041Dialysis Stations: 16 (502) 721-1083
- Fmc - Dialysis Services of Audubon5.19 miles away2355 Poplar Level Road, Suite G 2-10 Louisville Kentucky 40217Dialysis Stations: 25 (502) 637-1771