Highland Meadows Health & Rehab is the sole facility we were able to find in Rockwall, Texas. With an overall grade of B-, this looks like a respectable nursing home. Based on all of the relevant data, there are definitely far worse facilities out there. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's report card is its remarkable inspection grade, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Highland Meadows Health & Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Rockwall senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its decent overall grade, we gave this nursing home an A+ for its inspection grade. This is far better than the facility's overall grade. Our inspection grades weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area usually have few of these severe deficiencies. This facility was assessed 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to be an immediate threat to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was given an impressive long-term care grade. In fact, we awarded them a B+ in this category, which is one of our better. Nursing homes that do well in this category tend to provide patients with better supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. One of the datapoints we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccinations. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to 96.78571 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a reliable method to minimize negative health outcomes for the senior population. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Highland Meadows Health & Rehab?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we graded was short-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a C. Our short-term care scores are probably more important for patients in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we were not able to find information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.3 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
This facility's least impressive category is nursing, which is the last category we looked at. For this area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of just D. Our nursing rating assesses the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We look at both the levels of skill of the nurses and the quantity of hours spent with residents. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Highland Meadows Health & Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Highland Meadows Health & Rehab, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Highland Meadows Health & Rehab, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Highland Meadows Health & Rehab, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be a sign of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this statistic can also be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Highland Meadows Health & Rehab, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Highland Meadows Health & Rehab, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Highland Meadows Health & Rehab, 4.84% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Highland Meadows Health & Rehab, 93.69% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Highland Meadows Health & Rehab, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the decline of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Highland Meadows Health & Rehab, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who maintained mobility.
In Highland Meadows Health & Rehab, 1.89 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is critical to preserving the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Highland Meadows Health & Rehab, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Highland Meadows Health & Rehab, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Highland Meadows Health & Rehab, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's typically correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital RockwallAcute Care Hospitals 2.38 miles away3150 Horizon Road Rockwall Texas 75032Proprietary(469) 698-1000
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center Lake PointeAcute Care Hospitals 4.64 miles away6800 Scenic Dr Rowlett Texas 75088Proprietary(972) 412-2273
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center SunnyvaleAcute Care Hospitals 11.84 miles away231 South Collins Road Sunnyvale Texas 75182Proprietary(972) 892-3000
- Dallas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.23 miles away1011 North Galloway Avenue Mesquite Texas 75149Proprietary(214) 320-7000
- Methodist Richardson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.17 miles away2831 E President George Bush Highway Richardson Texas 75082Government - Hospital District or Authority(469) 204-1000
- City Hospital at White RockAcute Care Hospitals 16.71 miles away9440 Poppy Dr Dallas Texas 75218Proprietary(214) 324-6100
- Texas Institute for Surgery at Presbyterian HospitAcute Care Hospitals 19.39 miles away7115 Greenville Avenue Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Proprietary(214) 647-5300
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital DallasAcute Care Hospitals 19.45 miles away8200 Walnut Hill Lane Dallas Texas 75231Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 345-6789
- Rockwall Dialysis Center1.64 miles away2346 Greencrest Blvd Rockwall Texas 75087Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 722-4781
- Liberty Dialysis - Rockwall2.54 miles away2850 Ridge Road Suite 112 Rockwall Texas 75032Dialysis Stations: 16 (972) 961-4336
- Davita Rowlett Dialysis5.52 miles away7700 Lakeview Pkwy Ste 100a Rowlett Texas 75088Dialysis Stations: 16 (214) 607-1479
- Usrc Rowlett, LLC5.6 miles away7600 Lakeview Parkway Suite 200 Rowlett Texas 75088Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 412-1631
- Fresenius Medical Care Rowlett7.12 miles away3801 Lakeview Parkway, Suite 100 Rowlett Texas 75088CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (214) 703-6951
- Wylie Dialysis9.92 miles away941 South Westgate Way Wylie Texas 75098Dialysis Stations: 15 (972) 429-4315
- Liberty Dialysis - Wylie Murphy10.45 miles away2300 W Fm 544 Suite 140 Wylie Texas 75098Dialysis Stations: 18 (972) 429-3700
- Usrc Sunnyvale, LLC10.45 miles away220 S Collins Rd Sunnyvale Texas 75182Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 201-2767