Highland Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center is a small nursing home located in Fall River, Massachusetts. This facility is among the top nursing homes we assessed. A score of this caliber requires superb scores across the board. As a matter of fact, this is the number one rated facility in the city. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's stellar report card is its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Highland Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jul 1, 2019 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for Highland Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
In addition to receiving a great overall score, this nursing home also received an A+ inspection rating. This grade is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. An A+ in this area is one of the highest complements we can pay to a facility. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its first-rate assessment, this nursing home also was awarded a dominant long-term care score, with a grade of A. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure residents are well cared for. Once we concluded our assessment of the amount of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 97.67442 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia sadly can be a deadly health condition for nursing home residents so we like it when a facility doesn't take any chances. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Highland Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. In determining our nursing grades, we weigh both staffing levels and the skill levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
In the last category we assessed, this nursing home received a very favorable grade of B+ in our short-term care category. With this grade, the facility rounded out an elite profile. Our short-term care scores are probably more critical for those in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically requires more skilled nursing services. This includes not merely nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. We were not able to track down registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Highland Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Highland Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Highland Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Highland Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who experienced a UTI. While a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Highland Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center, 19.05% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Highland Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Highland Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center, 1.93% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Highland Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center, 91.44% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Highland Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center, 15.15% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Highland Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center, 17.66% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that maintained mobility. Some experts believe that mobility is important for residents' physical and mental health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Highland Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center, 17.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Scores for Fall River, MA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Fall River, Massachusetts has 6 other nursing homes
- Southcoast Hospital Group, IncAcute Care Hospitals 0.39 miles away363 Highland Avenue Fall River Massachusetts 02720Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 679-3131
- Saint Anne's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.89 miles away795 Middle Street Fall River Massachusetts 02721Proprietary(508) 674-5600
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 12.46 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- Morton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.6 miles away88 Washington Street Taunton Massachusetts 02780Proprietary(508) 828-7000
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.91 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 15.07 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.92 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Roger Williams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.85 miles away825 Chalkstone Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02908Proprietary(401) 456-2025
- Fall River Kidney Center LLC0.87 miles away48 Weaver Street Fall River Massachusetts 02720CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (508) 677-4911
- Dialysis Center of Tiverton3.78 miles away22 Hurst Lane Tiverton Rhode Island 02878Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 624-4403
- Hawthorn Kidney Center8.3 miles away537 Faunce Corner Road North Dartmouth Massachusetts 02747CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (508) 994-9692
- Davita New Bedford Dialysis9.42 miles away237-B State Road North Dartmouth Massachusetts 02747CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (508) 992-0629
- Dialysis Center of East Providence12.64 miles away318 Waterman Avenue East Providence Rhode Island 02914CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 435-5200
- Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital12.82 miles away950 Warren Avenue Suite 101 East Providence Rhode Island 02914Dialysis Stations: 12 (401) 606-1002
- The Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital13.36 miles away22 Baker Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 444-4440
- Fresenius Medical Care of Fairhaven14.24 miles away216 Huttleson Avenue Fairhaven Massachusetts 02719Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 996-0364