Hialeah Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is located in Hialeah, Florida, which is among the most densely populated cities in the country. This nursing home was given an A- overall, which is one of the best grades we offer. A grade in this range requires superb scores across the board. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top quarter of all nursing homes in the United States. This nursing home's impressive profile was highlighted by its long-term care score, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Hialeah Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Please note our records indicate that Hialeah Nursing and Rehabilitation Center has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this proved to be a great nursing home is that it received a very impressive long-term care rating. In this category, we awarded this facility an A. Nursing homes that do well in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. Once we concluded our assessment of the volume of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 99.86523 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia sadly can be a dangerous health condition for nursing home residents so we prefer when a facility doesn't leave its residents vulnerable. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection scores. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some end up being quite minor. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This means that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Hialeah Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- in that category. When determining our nursing scores, we factor in both nursing hours and the training levels of the nurses. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we rated was short-term care, where this facility was awarded a grade of B-. This is this nursing home's worst category. This is still not a major area of concern. With our short-term care category, we seek to create a fair barometer for rehabilitation. In doing so, we analyze the facility's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 2 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hialeah Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hialeah Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents who suffer from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hialeah Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients who sustained a fall leading to severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hialeah Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely linked to a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this statistic may be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hialeah Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients which are given antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hialeah Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term patients who were administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hialeah Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 2.43% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression. Higher levels of depression may be an indicator a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hialeah Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 94.61% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hialeah Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom. Some experts would argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hialeah Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that remained mobile levels.
In Hialeah Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hialeah Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hialeah Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Scores for Hialeah, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Hialeah, Florida has 5 other nursing homes
- Hialeah HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.08 miles away651 E 25th St Hialeah Florida 33013Proprietary(305) 693-6100
- Larkin Community Hospital Palm Springs CampusAcute Care Hospitals 2.06 miles away1475 W 49th St Hialeah Florida 33012Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 558-2500
- Palmetto General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.42 miles away2001 W 68th St Hialeah Florida 33016Proprietary(305) 823-5000
- North Shore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.63 miles away1100 Nw 95th St Miami Florida 33150Proprietary(305) 835-6000
- Jackson Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.79 miles away1611 Nw 12th Ave Miami Florida 33136Government - Hospital District or Authority(305) 585-1111
- Westchester General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.16 miles away2500 Sw 75th Ave Miami Florida 33155Proprietary(305) 263-9270
- Nicklaus Children's HospitalChildrens 7.22 miles away3100 Sw 62nd Ave Miami Florida 33155Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 666-6511
- Doctors HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.41 miles away5000 University Dr Miami Florida 33146Voluntary non-profit - Other(305) 666-2111
- Flamingo Park Kidney Center Inc0.59 miles away901 E 10th Ave Bay 17 Hialeah Florida 33010Dialysis Stations: 21 (305) 884-5677
- Hialeah Artificial Kidney Center3.48 miles away8524 Nw 103rd St Hialeah Florida 33016Dialysis Stations: 16 (305) 827-0576
- Bma - Hialeah3.53 miles away7170 W 20th Ave Hialeah Florida 33016Dialysis Stations: 27 (305) 825-2046
- Palmetto Artificial Kidney Center3.58 miles away7150 W 20th Ave Ste 109 Hialeah Florida 33016CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (305) 827-8399
- Miami Lakes Artificial Kidney Ctr4.12 miles away14600 Nw 60th Ave Hialeah Florida 33014CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (786) 639-0496
- Renovation of Life Dialysis Center4.38 miles away14505 Commerce Way #600 Hialeah Florida 33016Dialysis Stations: 16 (305) 362-8399
- Doral Kidney Center4.82 miles away7755 Nw 48th St #120 Miami Florida 33166Dialysis Stations: 16 (305) 436-5279
- Bma - Metropolitan Miami5.21 miles away5550 W Flagler St Miami Florida 33134Dialysis Stations: 16 (786) 388-1305