Terrace of Hialeah is located in Hialeah, Florida, which is among the most densely populated cities in the country. We gave this facility an overall grade of B+. A grade in this range requires above average marks in most areas. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top third of all nursing homes in the nation. Fortunately, this place did not have any weak links in any of the major categories. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Terrace of Hialeah
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Hialeah senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to earning a great overall grade, this facility performed even better in our inspections category which is associated with the facility's recent government inspection reports. We awarded it an A for that area, which is one of our highest grades. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Among the reasons we rated this facility so well is that it received a strong long-term care grade. In fact, long-term care turned out to be its second highest category score. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Facilities that receive this kind of score in long-term care typically provide consistent around the clock care to ensure residents are kept in good health. One of the statistics we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccines. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to 98.62701 percent of its residents. This is a proven method to minimize negative health outcomes for the elderly population. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Terrace of Hialeah?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. The nursing category includes many subcategories, many of which are associated with nursing hours. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we rated was short-term care. This facility was awarded an above average short-term care score this year, with a B-. Although this isn't quite as strong as several of its other category grades, this is nevertheless an acceptable grade for this category. In crafting our short-term care scores, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to create a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 2.6 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Terrace of Hialeah Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Terrace of Hialeah, 13.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term care patients which suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an barometer of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Terrace of Hialeah, 1.49% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Falls are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Terrace of Hialeah, 2.1% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this datapoint may also be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Terrace of Hialeah, 34.22% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Terrace of Hialeah, 1.57% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Terrace of Hialeah, 99.31% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Terrace of Hialeah, 17.57% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Terrace of Hialeah, 21.38% of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Terrace of Hialeah, 0.04 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is key to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Terrace of Hialeah, 21.38% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Terrace of Hialeah, 1.76% of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Terrace of Hialeah, 57.39% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Hialeah, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Hialeah, Florida has 3 other nursing homes
- Hialeah HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.08 miles away651 E 25th St Hialeah Florida 33013Proprietary(305) 693-6100
- Larkin Community Hospital Palm Springs CampusAcute Care Hospitals 2.06 miles away1475 W 49th St Hialeah Florida 33012Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 558-2500
- Palmetto General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.42 miles away2001 W 68th St Hialeah Florida 33016Proprietary(305) 823-5000
- North Shore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.63 miles away1100 Nw 95th St Miami Florida 33150Proprietary(305) 835-6000
- Jackson Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.79 miles away1611 Nw 12th Ave Miami Florida 33136Government - Hospital District or Authority(305) 585-1111
- Westchester General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.16 miles away2500 Sw 75th Ave Miami Florida 33155Proprietary(305) 263-9270
- Nicklaus Children's HospitalChildrens 7.22 miles away3100 Sw 62nd Ave Miami Florida 33155Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 666-6511
- Doctors HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.41 miles away5000 University Dr Miami Florida 33146Voluntary non-profit - Other(305) 666-2111
- Flamingo Park Kidney Center Inc0.59 miles away901 E 10th Ave Bay 17 Hialeah Florida 33010Dialysis Stations: 21 (305) 884-5677
- Hialeah Artificial Kidney Center3.48 miles away8524 Nw 103rd St Hialeah Florida 33016Dialysis Stations: 16 (305) 827-0576
- Bma - Hialeah3.53 miles away7170 W 20th Ave Hialeah Florida 33016Dialysis Stations: 27 (305) 825-2046
- Palmetto Artificial Kidney Center3.58 miles away7150 W 20th Ave Ste 109 Hialeah Florida 33016CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (305) 827-8399
- Miami Lakes Artificial Kidney Ctr4.12 miles away14600 Nw 60th Ave Hialeah Florida 33014CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (786) 639-0496
- Renovation of Life Dialysis Center4.38 miles away14505 Commerce Way #600 Hialeah Florida 33016Dialysis Stations: 16 (305) 362-8399
- Doral Kidney Center4.82 miles away7755 Nw 48th St #120 Miami Florida 33166Dialysis Stations: 16 (305) 436-5279
- Bma - Metropolitan Miami5.21 miles away5550 W Flagler St Miami Florida 33134Dialysis Stations: 16 (786) 388-1305