Heritage Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing C is one of several nursing home options at your disposal in Austin, Texas. Sporting an overall rating of C, this is likely a middle of the road nursing home. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Austin, which is admittedly a little below average nationally. One of the better aspects of this facility's profile is its strong inspection score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Heritage Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing C
- Nursing Home
- Contracted Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Please note our records indicate that Heritage Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing C has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Get pricing and details on Austin senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this ended up being a decent nursing home is that it received an elite inspection grade. In fact, its inspection score was far superior to its overall score. In the inspections category, we gave this facility an A-. Inspection scores are tied to several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this category typically have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A couple minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home an impressive grade in long-term care. This nursing home earned a grade of B in this area, which turns out to be one of our better scores. Facilities that do well in this category typically provide residents with more supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. After considering the volume of nursing care, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 99.417755 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia sadly is often a dangerous health condition for nursing home patients so we prefer when a nursing home does not roll the dice on this issue. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Heritage Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing C?
This facility earned a strong nursing rating as well. It earned one of our higher scores in that category with an above average grade of F. Our nursing score is based on many subcategories, but the primary consideration is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This place offered a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is not a very impressive figure. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing ratings. This facility performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we rated was short-term care. We gave it a lowly F for this area, which is a poor grade. This is obviously a significant disappointment. Our short-term care scores are arguably most critical for residents in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not just nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Considering its poor grade in this area, we weren't surprised to discover this facility offers substantially fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Heritage Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing C Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Heritage Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing C, 4.47% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percent of long-term residents which developed pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a solid measure of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Heritage Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing C, 2.91% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care . Falls which result in injury are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Heritage Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing C, 0.74% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely linked to a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this metric may be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Heritage Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing C, 14.01% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used for a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Heritage Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing C, 13.82% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Heritage Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing C, 3.49% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Heritage Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing C, 98.59% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Heritage Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing C, 13.46% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and continence. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Heritage Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing C, 13.65% of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term care residents who were able to retain mobility. Some experts believe that mobility is critical to residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Heritage Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing C, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Heritage Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing C, 13.65% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Heritage Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing C, 7.35% of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Heritage Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing C, 41.53% of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Austin, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Austin, Texas has 9 other nursing homes
- St David's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.01 miles away919 E 32nd St Austin Texas 78705Proprietary(512) 476-7111
- Dell Seton Med Center at the University of TxAcute Care Hospitals 1.38 miles away601 E 15th Street Austin Texas 78701Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-7000
- Dell Children's Medical Center of Central TexasChildrens 1.44 miles away4900 Mueller Blvd Austin Texas 78723Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-0000
- Ascension Seton Medical Center AustinAcute Care Hospitals 2.58 miles away1201 W 38th St Austin Texas 78705Physician(512) 324-1000
- Arise Austin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.09 miles away3003 Bee Caves Road Austin Texas 78746Voluntary non-profit - Other(512) 347-9888
- Northwest Hills Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.21 miles away6818 Austin Ctr Blvd Suite 100 Austin Texas 78731Proprietary(512) 346-1994
- St David's South Austin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.33 miles away901 West Ben White Blvd Austin Texas 78704Proprietary(512) 448-7107
- The Hospital at Westlake Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.86 miles away5656 Bee Caves Road, Suite M-302 Austin Texas 78746Proprietary(512) 327-0000
- Childrens Dialysis Clinic of Central Texas1.61 miles away1301 Barbara Jordan Blvd Suite 103 Austin Texas 78723Dialysis Stations: 7 (512) 524-4213
- Satellite Healthcare Mueller1.62 miles away1801 East 51st Street Bldg G Austin Texas 78723CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (512) 927-0300
- Bluebonnet Dialysis1.91 miles away3601 Manor Rd Austin Texas 78723CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (512) 926-7378
- Moncrief Dialysis Center2.34 miles away800 West 34th Street Suite 101 Austin Texas 78705Dialysis Stations: 24 (512) 485-7872
- Waterloo Dialysis Center3.53 miles away5310 Burnet Road Unit 122 Austin Texas 78756CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (512) 420-9403
- El Milagro Dialysis Center4.22 miles away2800 S Ih 35 Suite 120 Austin Texas 78704CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (512) 448-9750
- Fresenius Medical Care Austin South5.41 miles away621 Radam Ln Austin Texas 78745CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (512) 707-7601
- Satellite Dialysis Southwood5.82 miles away1701 W. Ben White Blvd, Suite #180 Austin Texas 78704CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (512) 383-0300