With an address in Austin, Texas, Heritage Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing C is one of 26 facilities in the area. Sporting an overall rating of C, this is likely a middle of the road nursing home. This grade is not too far off the city grade for Austin, which is a B-. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's profile is its stellar inspection score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Heritage Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing C
- Nursing Home
- Contracted Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Please note our records indicate that Heritage Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing C has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
This facility received a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to point out its excellent government inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A in this category. Inspection grades are tied to many items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this area tend to have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This facility was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered severe. This indicates that CMS did not deem any of these deficiencies to create an imminent risk to resident safety or health. A couple of minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a decent grade in the area of long-term care, where we awarded it a grade of B-. With our long-term care score, we analyze the quantity of care offered by a nursing home, as well as a few quality datapoints. After considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 99.39668 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is more than the vast majority of nursing homes. This place was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Heritage Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing C?
Turning to another strength for this facility, it also earned an elite nursing grade. We gave this facility an impressive grade of D. Our nursing rating assesses the facility's nurse staffing levels. We factor in both the levels of training of the nurses and the quantity of hours spent with patients. This facility provided a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing scores. This facility fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our fourth category, this facility really didn't fare well. With a rock bottom grade of F in short-term care, this is this nursing home's poorest category grade. Our short-term care scores are considered to be more meaningful for patients in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually mandates additional skilled nursing services. This means not only nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. With its weak score in this area, we weren't surprised to learn this place provided substantially fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most other facilities. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Heritage Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing C Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Heritage Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing C, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Heritage Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing C, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Major falls which result in injury are often caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Heritage Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing C, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Heritage Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing C, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Heritage Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing C, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Heritage Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing C, 4.81% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Heritage Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing C, 94.64% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Heritage Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing C, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Heritage Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing C, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Heritage Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing C, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Heritage Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing C, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Heritage Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing C, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Heritage Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing C, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Austin, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Austin, Texas has 25 other nursing homes
- St David's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.01 miles away919 E 32nd St Austin Texas 78705Proprietary(512) 476-7111
- Dell Seton Med Center at the University of TxAcute Care Hospitals 1.38 miles away601 E 15th Street Austin Texas 78701Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-7000
- Dell Children's Medical Center of Central TexasChildrens 1.44 miles away4900 Mueller Blvd Austin Texas 78723Voluntary non-profit - Private(512) 324-0000
- Ascension Seton Medical Center AustinAcute Care Hospitals 2.58 miles away1201 W 38th St Austin Texas 78705Physician(512) 324-1000
- Arise Austin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.09 miles away3003 Bee Caves Road Austin Texas 78746Voluntary non-profit - Other(512) 347-9888
- Northwest Hills Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.21 miles away6818 Austin Ctr Blvd Suite 100 Austin Texas 78731Proprietary(512) 346-1994
- St David's South Austin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.33 miles away901 West Ben White Blvd Austin Texas 78704Proprietary(512) 448-7107
- The Hospital at Westlake Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.86 miles away5656 Bee Caves Road, Suite M-302 Austin Texas 78746Proprietary(512) 327-0000
- Childrens Dialysis Clinic of Central Texas1.61 miles away1301 Barbara Jordan Blvd Suite 103 Austin Texas 78723Dialysis Stations: 7 (512) 524-4213
- Satellite Healthcare Mueller1.62 miles away1801 East 51st Street Bldg G Austin Texas 78723CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (512) 927-0300
- Bluebonnet Dialysis1.91 miles away3601 Manor Rd Austin Texas 78723CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (512) 926-7378
- Moncrief Dialysis Center2.34 miles away800 West 34th Street Suite 101 Austin Texas 78705Dialysis Stations: 24 (512) 485-7872
- Waterloo Dialysis Center3.53 miles away5310 Burnet Road Unit 122 Austin Texas 78756CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (512) 420-9403
- El Milagro Dialysis Center4.22 miles away2800 S Ih 35 Suite 120 Austin Texas 78704CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (512) 448-9750
- Fresenius Medical Care Austin South5.41 miles away621 Radam Ln Austin Texas 78745CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (512) 707-7601
- Satellite Dialysis Southwood5.82 miles away1701 W. Ben White Blvd, Suite #180 Austin Texas 78704CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (512) 383-0300