Heritage Park Nursing Center is located in Upland, California, a city with a total of 77,103 people. We gave this nursing home an A- overall grade, ranking it in the top third of all facilities in the country. You really can not do any better than this facility. This nursing home also received very consistent grades in each of the major categories. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Heritage Park Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Upland senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Upland, California Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Upland, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of faring well overall, this nursing home received an excellent inspection report. As a result, it received one of our best scores in that category with an A. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this category typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Although this place had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- in that category. When calculating a facility's nursing rating, we look at the amount of time nurses are caring for patients as well as the level of skill of those nurses. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Heritage Park Nursing Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our next area, this facility also received a score of B+ for its short-term care rating. This is a well above average score in this area. Our short-term care ratings are based in part on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a wide range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. It doesn't look like this facility provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final metric we considered in this category is the percentage of patients that were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 5.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our long-term care grade. This finished off an elite profile. When facilities receive a grade in this range in long-term care it generally means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Heritage Park Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Heritage Park Nursing Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Heritage Park Nursing Center, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Heritage Park Nursing Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely associated with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric may also be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Heritage Park Nursing Center, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Heritage Park Nursing Center, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Heritage Park Nursing Center, 5.83% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many argue that this is a measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Heritage Park Nursing Center, 95.65% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Heritage Park Nursing Center, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate erosion of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Heritage Park Nursing Center, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that were able to retain mobility.
In Heritage Park Nursing Center, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Heritage Park Nursing Center, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Heritage Park Nursing Center, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Heritage Park Nursing Center, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- San Antonio Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.06 miles away999 San Bernardino Road Upland California 91786Voluntary non-profit - Other(714) 985-2811
- Montclair Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.69 miles away5000 San Bernardino St Montclair California 91763Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 625-8300
- Chino Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.18 miles away5451 Walnut Ave Chino California 91710Proprietary(909) 627-6111
- Pomona Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.71 miles away1798 N Garey Ave Pomona California 91767Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 865-9500
- San Dimas Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.3 miles away1350 W Covina Blvd San Dimas California 91773Proprietary(909) 599-6811
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.27 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital FontanaAcute Care Hospitals 12.83 miles away9961 Sierra Ave Fontana California 92335Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 427-5500
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.65 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Davita-Upland Colonies Dialysis0.95 miles away587 N. Mountain Avenue Upland California 91786Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 931-4515
- Ontario Dialysis, Inc.1.14 miles away1001 W. Sixth Street, Suite A Ontario California 91762CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 984-0320
- Davita-Upland Dialysis1.26 miles away600 N. 13th Avenue Upland California 91786CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (909) 946-3802
- Davita-Montclair Dialysis Center2.55 miles away9142 Monte Vista Ave Montclair California 91763CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (909) 626-6505
- Ontario Holt Dialysis Center, Inc.2.57 miles away1310 West Holt Avenue Ontario California 91762Dialysis Stations: 28 (909) 986-0230
- Davita-Ontario Dialysis4.4 miles away1950 South Grove Avenue, Suite 101 Ontario California 91761CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (909) 930-5566
- Fmc-Rancho Cucamonga4.62 miles away10532 Acacia Street, Suite b2-b3 Rancho Cucamonga California 91730CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 987-8887
- u.s. Renal Care Dialysis Center of Ontario5.22 miles away2850 Inland Empire Blvd., Suite C Ontario California 91764CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (909) 476-2638