Heritage Park Care and Rehabilitation Center is in Bradenton, Florida. The city has a total of 216,518 people. Sporting an overall rating of B+, this looks like a high quality facility. Even in a city offering 11 other nursing homes, this nursing home caught our attention as a very fine option. This facility is stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any weak links in any of our four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Heritage Park Care and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
2302 59th St W,
Bradenton FL 34209
67% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this proved to be a quality nursing home is that it received a very impressive short-term care rating. Short-term care turned out to be its best category. In that category, we awarded this nursing home an A. In our short-term care category, we endeavor to forge a fair barometer for rehabilitation services. In this process, we analyze the nursing home's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
This nursing home performed well in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Nursing ratings are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Heritage Park Care and Rehabilitation Center?
Moving on to another of this facility's strengths, it also received a very impressive inspection score. This turned out to be one of its best grades. In that area, we awarded this facility an impressive grade of B+. Our inspection grades account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this category usually have very few of these severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This means that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we graded was long-term care, where this facility was given a grade of B-. This actually ended up being this facility's least impressive category. This is still not a terrible score. For long-term care residents, the primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. After we finished assessing the quantity of nursing care, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. We were optimistic to learn that this nursing home vaccinated 99.50249 percent of its residents for pneumonia. This facility also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Heritage Park Care and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Heritage Park Care and Rehabilitation Center, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Heritage Park Care and Rehabilitation Center, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing protocols reduces the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Heritage Park Care and Rehabilitation Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint could also be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Heritage Park Care and Rehabilitation Center, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Heritage Park Care and Rehabilitation Center, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Heritage Park Care and Rehabilitation Center, 2.33% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Heritage Park Care and Rehabilitation Center, 94.94% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Heritage Park Care and Rehabilitation Center, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Heritage Park Care and Rehabilitation Center, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Heritage Park Care and Rehabilitation Center, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Heritage Park Care and Rehabilitation Center, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Heritage Park Care and Rehabilitation Center, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Heritage Park Care and Rehabilitation Center, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many believe that this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Bradenton, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Bradenton, Florida has 10 other nursing homes
- Blake Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.26 miles away2020 59th St W Bradenton Florida 34209Proprietary(941) 792-6611
- Manatee Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.92 miles away206 2nd St E Bradenton Florida 34208Proprietary(941) 746-5111
- Sarasota Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.16 miles away1700 S Tamiami Trl Sarasota Florida 34239Government - Hospital District or Authority(941) 917-9000
- Lakewood Ranch Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.71 miles away8330 Lakewood Ranch Blvd Bradenton Florida 34202Proprietary(941) 782-2100
- Doctors Hospital of SarasotaAcute Care Hospitals 15.73 miles away5731 Bee Ridge Rd Sarasota Florida 34233Proprietary(941) 342-1100
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 19.54 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 19.61 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.99 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- Bradenton Artificial Kidney Center0.1 miles away5902 Pointe West Blvd Bradenton Florida 34209Dialysis Stations: 21 (941) 792-3290
- Bradenton Dialysis Center LLC0.2 miles away5837 West 21st Avenue Bradenton Florida 34209Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 792-7800
- Bradenton Dialysis1.81 miles away3501 Cortez Rd W Bradenton Florida 34210Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 727-4209
- Southwest Florida Dialysis Center4.04 miles away520 Manatee Ave East Bradenton Florida 34208Dialysis Stations: 24 (941) 747-5500
- Plantation Dialysis - Ellenton6.52 miles away3820 Us Highway 301 N Ellenton Florida 34222Dialysis Stations: 16 (941) 722-3733
- Lakewood Ranch Dialysis11.2 miles away8470 Cooper Creek Blvd Bradenton Florida 34201Dialysis Stations: 12 (941) 359-0676
- Fmc - North Sarasota Dialysis Center11.63 miles away8037 Cooper Creek Blvd Bradenton Florida 34201Dialysis Stations: 14 (941) 351-1641
- Us Renal Care Sarasota12.02 miles away1921 Waldemere St Ste 107 Sarasota Florida 34239CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (941) 917-6444