Heritage Oaks is in Arlington, Texas, which is among the largest cities in the country. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of B-, which surprisingly resulted in it being one of the top three nursing homes in Arlington. Based on our assessment, this place ought to meet the needs of many people. The best part of this place's profile is its remarkable inspection grade. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1112 Gibbins Rd,
Arlington TX 76011
31.32% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this turned out to be a decent nursing home is that it earned an elite inspection score. Its inspection grade was far better than its overall score. In our inspections category, we gave this facility a grade of A. Our inspection ratings are tied to several items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this area typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, nursing proved to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an B-. Our nursing rating analyzes quite a few components, however, the primary one is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This facility provided just 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics. Although this place got dinged a bit for nursing hours, it excelled in some of these quality-based metrics. With fewer than five percent of its residents experiencing pressure ulcers, it performed remarkably well in this area. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a policy of turning patients more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Heritage Oaks?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next most favorable area is short-term care. We awarded it a grade of B- in this category. This is essentially a slightly below average grade in this area. With our short-term care category, we attempt to create a valuable gauge for rehabilitation services. In this process, we look at the nursing home's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. We weren't able to find information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Long-term Care Quality
Our last area is long-term care, where we awarded this nursing home a grade of B- in this area. Our long-term care grade assesses a facility's personal care rather than the highly skilled therapy and medical services that are critical to a rehabilitation facility. One of the data points we considered on top of nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. Thankfully, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Heritage Oaks Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Heritage Oaks, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure measures the percent of long-term patients who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Heritage Oaks, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients who sustained falls which caused serious injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Heritage Oaks, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term residents which have suffered from UTI's. Although a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is problematic to compare between nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Heritage Oaks, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Heritage Oaks, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Heritage Oaks, 4.81% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who are showing symptoms of depression. Many in the industry believe that this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Heritage Oaks, 94.64% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Heritage Oaks, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Heritage Oaks, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Heritage Oaks, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Heritage Oaks, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Heritage Oaks, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Heritage Oaks, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Arlington, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Arlington, Texas has 9 other nursing homes
- Texas Health Arlington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.31 miles away800 W Randol Mill Rd Arlington Texas 76012Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 548-6100
- Medical City ArlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 4.16 miles away3301 Matlock Road Arlington Texas 76015Proprietary(817) 465-3241
- Baylor Scott and White Orthopedic and Spine HospiAcute Care Hospitals 4.82 miles away707 Highlander Blvd Arlington Texas 76015Proprietary(817) 549-2364
- Usmd Hospital at Arlington L PAcute Care Hospitals 5.03 miles away801 W Interstate 20 Arlington Texas 76017Physician(817) 472-3400
- Texas Health HebAcute Care Hospitals 5.64 miles away1600 Hospital Parkway Bedford Texas 76022Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 848-4000
- Saint Camillus Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.65 miles away1612 Hurst Town Center Drive Hurst Texas 76054Proprietary(817) 519-3700
- Medical City North HillsAcute Care Hospitals 7.92 miles away4401 Booth Calloway Road North Richland Hills Texas 76180Proprietary(817) 255-1000
- Baylor Medical Center at IrvingAcute Care Hospitals 10.59 miles away1901 N Macarthur Blvd Irving Texas 75061Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 579-8100
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Arlington0.19 miles away203 W Randol Mill Rd Arlington Texas 76011CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 275-7787
- North Arlington Dialysis0.78 miles away642 Lincoln Square Arlington Texas 76011Dialysis Stations: 19 (817) 542-0529
- Greater Irving I Regional Dialysis Center, LLC2.5 miles away1950 Ne Green Oaks Blvd Suite 190 Arlington Texas 76006Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 460-0510
- Ameri-Tech Kidney Center-Arlington LLC3.01 miles away1138 S Bowen Road Arlington Texas 76013CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (817) 265-7115
- Eastchase Dialysis Center3.26 miles away1451 Eastchase Parkway Fort Worth Texas 76120Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 459-0372
- Arlington Dialysis3.3 miles away1250 E. Pioneer Parkway Suite 700 Arlington Texas 76010Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 469-6100
- South Arlington Dialysis Center4.37 miles away3415 S Cooper Street Suite 118 Arlington Texas 76015CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (817) 465-8585
- West Arlington Dialysis4.86 miles away1001 W Arbrook Blvd Suite 101 & 111 Arlington Texas 76015Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 466-7403