Heritage Manor Jewish Hm For is a small non-profit nursing home located in Youngstown, Ohio. This facility was awarded an A- overall, which is one of the most impressive scores we offer. A score of this caliber requires top-notch marks across the board. Youngstown offers many other nursing homes, however, we doubt you will need to check out too many others. This one looks like a first-rate option. As you can find below, this facility also performed just fine in our category ratings. It's hard to poke holes in this nursing home's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Heritage Manor Jewish Hm For
- Nursing Home
- Adult Day Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Youngstown senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize that this facility earned near flawless government inspections in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Inspection scores are based on several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that score well in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. Our nursing grade is mostly tied to a facility's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Heritage Manor Jewish Hm For?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning our next area, we gave this facility a grade of A- for our short-term care rating. This is a dominant grade. Our short-term care ratings are critical for prospective residents requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a broad range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last measure we considered in this area is the number of patients that returned home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at is long-term care. This nursing home was awarded a better than average nursing rating this year, with a grade of B. Although this isn't nearly as strong as a few of its other grades, this remains one of the more impressive scores for that category. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care tend to provide residents with closer supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia is too frequently a life or death health condition for nursing home patients so we prefer when a facility does not leave its residents vulnerable. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Heritage Manor Jewish Hm For Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Heritage Manor Jewish Hm For, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Heritage Manor Jewish Hm For, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that had a fall resulting in serious injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Heritage Manor Jewish Hm For, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percent of long-term residents which had UTI's. While more infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Heritage Manor Jewish Hm For, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for many conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Heritage Manor Jewish Hm For, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Heritage Manor Jewish Hm For, 21.39% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients exhibiting signs of depression. Many in the industry argue that this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Heritage Manor Jewish Hm For, 88.91% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Heritage Manor Jewish Hm For, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Heritage Manor Jewish Hm For, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that remained mobile levels. Some experts believe that the ability to move around is important for residents' well-being.
In Heritage Manor Jewish Hm For, 1.43 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Heritage Manor Jewish Hm For, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Youngstown, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Youngstown, Ohio has 14 other nursing homes
- Mh St Elizabeth Youngstown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.38 miles away1044 Belmont Avenue Youngstown Ohio 44501Voluntary non-profit - Church(330) 480-3962
- Mh St Joseph Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9 miles away667 Eastland Ave Se Warren Ohio 44481Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 841-4016
- Mh St Elizabeth Boardman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.64 miles away8401 Market Street Youngstown Ohio 44512Voluntary non-profit - Church(330) 729-2929
- Trumbull Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.99 miles away1350 East Market Street Warren Ohio 44482Proprietary(330) 841-9820
- Sharon Regional Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 11.1 miles away740 East State Street Sharon Pennsylvania 16146Proprietary(724) 983-3800
- Upmc JamesonAcute Care Hospitals 18.05 miles away1211 Wilmington Avenue New Castle Pennsylvania 16105Voluntary non-profit - Other(724) 656-4100
- Salem Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.51 miles away1995 East State Street Salem Ohio 44460Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 332-1551
- Fmc - Youngstown1.11 miles away1340 Belmont Avenue Youngstown Ohio 44504CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 746-2860
- Youngstown - Warren Home Dialysis1.53 miles away4531 Belmont Ave. Youngstown Ohio 44505Dialysis Stations: 3 (330) 759-3807
- Fresenius Kidney Care Cornersburg5.46 miles away3265 Canfield Rd, Unit C Youngstown Ohio 44511Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 792-6341
- Fmc- Austintown5.68 miles away139 Javit Court Youngstown Ohio 44515CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 799-1150
- Fmc - Boardman Dialysis7.62 miles away257 Boardman-Canfield Rd. Youngstown Ohio 44512CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (330) 629-8856
- Boardman Dialysis Center, LLC7.64 miles away7153 Tiffany Blvd. Youngstown Ohio 44514CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 729-1355
- Warren Dialysis Center8.06 miles away8720 East Market Street, Ste 1a Warren Ohio 44484CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (330) 609-5502
- Arc/Cdc, Ltd.8.21 miles away3695 Stutz Drive Canfield Ohio 44406Dialysis Stations: 20 (330) 702-3040