Heritage Manor Jewish Hm For is a small non-profit nursing home located in Youngstown, Ohio. This facility was awarded an A- overall, which is one of the most impressive scores we offer. A score of this caliber requires top-notch marks across the board. Youngstown offers many other nursing homes, however, we doubt you will need to check out too many others. This one looks like a first-rate option. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong profile was its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
Heritage Manor Jewish Hm For
- Nursing Home
- Adult Day Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize that this facility earned near flawless government inspections in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Inspection scores are based on several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that score well in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to note the fact that this facility was given a superb score of A in our short-term care category. Short-term care scores are meaningful for individuals in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires more skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a vast spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we looked at in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 6.1 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Heritage Manor Jewish Hm For?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Nursing grades are tied to quantity of nursing care available. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we scored is long-term care. This nursing home was awarded a very good long-term care grade this year, with a B-. Although this was not as good as some of its other category grades, this is nevertheless a respectable score in that category. For patients looking for a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are very important. On top of considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 99.5614 percent of its patients, which is better than most nursing homes. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Heritage Manor Jewish Hm For Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Heritage Manor Jewish Hm For, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Heritage Manor Jewish Hm For, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are often caused by poor nursing care. More supervision limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Heritage Manor Jewish Hm For, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often associated with a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric may be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Heritage Manor Jewish Hm For, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Heritage Manor Jewish Hm For, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients which are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Heritage Manor Jewish Hm For, 20% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Heritage Manor Jewish Hm For, 90.19% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Heritage Manor Jewish Hm For, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Heritage Manor Jewish Hm For, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who remained mobile levels. Many argue that the ability to move around is important for residents' health.
In Heritage Manor Jewish Hm For, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Heritage Manor Jewish Hm For, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Heritage Manor Jewish Hm For, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Youngstown, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Youngstown, Ohio has 21 other nursing homes
- Mh St Elizabeth Youngstown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.38 miles away1044 Belmont Avenue Youngstown Ohio 44501Voluntary non-profit - Church(330) 480-3962
- Mh St Joseph Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9 miles away667 Eastland Ave Se Warren Ohio 44481Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 841-4016
- Mh St Elizabeth Boardman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.64 miles away8401 Market Street Youngstown Ohio 44512Voluntary non-profit - Church(330) 729-2929
- Trumbull Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.99 miles away1350 East Market Street Warren Ohio 44482Proprietary(330) 841-9820
- Sharon Regional Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 11.1 miles away740 East State Street Sharon Pennsylvania 16146Proprietary(724) 983-3800
- Upmc JamesonAcute Care Hospitals 18.05 miles away1211 Wilmington Avenue New Castle Pennsylvania 16105Voluntary non-profit - Other(724) 656-4100
- Salem Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.51 miles away1995 East State Street Salem Ohio 44460Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 332-1551
- Fmc - Youngstown1.11 miles away1340 Belmont Avenue Youngstown Ohio 44504CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 746-2860
- Youngstown - Warren Home Dialysis1.53 miles away4531 Belmont Ave. Youngstown Ohio 44505Dialysis Stations: 3 (330) 759-3807
- Fresenius Kidney Care Cornersburg5.46 miles away3265 Canfield Rd, Unit C Youngstown Ohio 44511Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 792-6341
- Fmc- Austintown5.68 miles away139 Javit Court Youngstown Ohio 44515CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 799-1150
- Fmc - Boardman Dialysis7.62 miles away257 Boardman-Canfield Rd. Youngstown Ohio 44512CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (330) 629-8856
- Boardman Dialysis Center, LLC7.64 miles away7153 Tiffany Blvd. Youngstown Ohio 44514CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 729-1355
- Warren Dialysis Center8.06 miles away8720 East Market Street, Ste 1a Warren Ohio 44484CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (330) 609-5502
- Arc/Cdc, Ltd.8.21 miles away3695 Stutz Drive Canfield Ohio 44406Dialysis Stations: 20 (330) 702-3040