Heritage Manor is an average-sized facility in Monterey Park, California. We awarded this facility an overall grade of B-. A score of this caliber requires some solid marks. Based on our analysis, this facility has some redeeming qualities. This place was better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any weak links in any of our major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Monterey Park senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home received an inspection score which is better than its overall rating. Inspection ratings are associated with a facility's recent inspections. We awarded this facility a very solid grade of B+ in this category. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with higher grades in this area typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Although this place had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's better category grades was in the category of long-term care. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in this category typically provide consistent around the clock care to make sure residents are well cared for. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is much higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Heritage Manor?
In addition, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B in our nursing category. This is one of our better grades. There are several factors included in this grade. Many of these factors are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of turning a patient even once per day.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the fourth area, this facility was awarded an acceptable short-term care grade of C. In determining our short-term care grades, we look at a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. This area is generally a fair assessment of the nursing home's rehabilitation services. It does not appear that this nursing home submitted information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients that returned home from this facility. We found that 4.8 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Heritage Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Heritage Manor, 0.85% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Heritage Manor, 2.1% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are often the result of poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Heritage Manor, 0.34% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Heritage Manor, 0% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used to treat several medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Heritage Manor, 1.8% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Heritage Manor, 0.32% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Heritage Manor, 100% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Heritage Manor, 3.37% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom. Some believe that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Heritage Manor, 1.93% of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Heritage Manor, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Heritage Manor, 1.93% of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Heritage Manor, 1.18% of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Heritage Manor, 76.63% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Garfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.07 miles away525 N Garfield Ave Monterey Park California 91754Proprietary(626) 573-2222
- San Gabriel Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.51 miles away438 W Las Tunas Drive San Gabriel California 91776Proprietary(626) 289-5454
- Beverly HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.9 miles away309 W Beverly Blvd Montebello California 90640Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 726-1222
- Huntington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.95 miles away100 W California Blvd Pasadena California 91109Voluntary non-profit - Other(626) 397-5000
- Los Angeles Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.95 miles away4081 E Olympic Blvd Los Angeles California 90023Proprietary(323) 267-0477
- Lac+Usc Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.02 miles away1200 N State St, Room c2k100 Los Angeles California 90033Government - Local(323) 226-2800
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 6.41 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- Community Hospital of Huntington ParkAcute Care Hospitals 7.9 miles away2623 E Slauson Ave Huntington Park California 90255Proprietary(323) 583-1931
- Davita-Garfield Hemodialysis Center0.11 miles away118 Hilliard Avenue Monterey Park California 91754CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (626) 288-5796
- Rosemead Dialysis Center0.92 miles away7403 Hellman Avenue Rosemead California 91770Dialysis Stations: 17 (626) 280-6161
- Fmc-San Gabriel Valley Pd Clinic1.33 miles away1801 W. Valley Blvd., Suite 204 Alhambra California 91803Dialysis Stations: 6 (626) 457-6540
- Fmc-San Gabriel Dialysis Center1.33 miles away1801 W. Valley Blvd., Suite 102 Alhambra California 91803CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (626) 457-9002
- u.s. Renal Care Rosemead Dialysis1.37 miles away3100 Del Mar Avenue Rosemead California 91770CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 288-7860
- Fmc-Alhambra1.6 miles away2300 W. Valley Blvd. Alhambra California 91803Dialysis Stations: 20 (626) 458-4726
- Davita-Garfield Home Program2.4 miles away228 N. Garfield Avenue, #301 Monterey Park California 91754Dialysis Stations: 4 (626) 288-6379
- San Gabriel Nephrology Services, LLC2.42 miles away801 S. San Gabriel Blvd. San Gabriel California 91776CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (626) 285-1830