Heritage Manor is an average-sized facility in Monterey Park, California. We awarded this facility an overall grade of B-. A score of this caliber requires some solid marks. Based on our analysis, this facility has some redeeming qualities. The best part of this place's profile was is its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home received a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to emphasize its excellent health inspection reports in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of A- in this category. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility was hit with 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This means that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to be an immediate threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
This nursing home also excelled in nursing, where it earned an B. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. In determining a facility's nursing score, we assess the quantity of hours nurses commit to patients and the level of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Heritage Manor?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next best category ended up being its long-term care grade, where it was awarded a B-. Our long-term care grade is often used to judge a facility's performance as a traditional nursing home, as opposed to focusing on the skilled nursing services provided by a rehabilitation facility. Once we concluded our assessment of the quantity of nursing care, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. We were optimistic to discover that this nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. This facility was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's weakest category was short-term care, which is the final category we scored. For this area, we gave this facility a grade of just D. In forming our short-term care grades, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our objective is to formulate a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Unfortunately, this facility was subpar in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its patients based on the data we assessed. The last measure we assessed in this area is the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 4 percent of its patients returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Heritage Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Heritage Manor, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Heritage Manor, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are often the result of poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Heritage Manor, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Heritage Manor, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used to treat several medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Heritage Manor, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Heritage Manor, 4.33% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Heritage Manor, 95.72% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Heritage Manor, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom. Some believe that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Heritage Manor, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Heritage Manor, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Heritage Manor, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Heritage Manor, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Heritage Manor, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Garfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.07 miles away525 N Garfield Ave Monterey Park California 91754Proprietary(626) 573-2222
- San Gabriel Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.51 miles away438 W Las Tunas Drive San Gabriel California 91776Proprietary(626) 289-5454
- Beverly HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.9 miles away309 W Beverly Blvd Montebello California 90640Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 726-1222
- Huntington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.95 miles away100 W California Blvd Pasadena California 91109Voluntary non-profit - Other(626) 397-5000
- Los Angeles Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.95 miles away4081 E Olympic Blvd Los Angeles California 90023Proprietary(323) 267-0477
- Lac+Usc Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.02 miles away1200 N State St, Room c2k100 Los Angeles California 90033Government - Local(323) 226-2800
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 6.41 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- Community Hospital of Huntington ParkAcute Care Hospitals 7.9 miles away2623 E Slauson Ave Huntington Park California 90255Proprietary(323) 583-1931
- Davita-Garfield Hemodialysis Center0.11 miles away118 Hilliard Avenue Monterey Park California 91754CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (626) 288-5796
- Rosemead Dialysis Center0.92 miles away7403 Hellman Avenue Rosemead California 91770Dialysis Stations: 17 (626) 280-6161
- Fmc-San Gabriel Valley Pd Clinic1.33 miles away1801 W. Valley Blvd., Suite 204 Alhambra California 91803Dialysis Stations: 6 (626) 457-6540
- Fmc-San Gabriel Dialysis Center1.33 miles away1801 W. Valley Blvd., Suite 102 Alhambra California 91803CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (626) 457-9002
- u.s. Renal Care Rosemead Dialysis1.37 miles away3100 Del Mar Avenue Rosemead California 91770CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 288-7860
- Fmc-Alhambra1.6 miles away2300 W. Valley Blvd. Alhambra California 91803Dialysis Stations: 20 (626) 458-4726
- Davita-Garfield Home Program2.4 miles away228 N. Garfield Avenue, #301 Monterey Park California 91754Dialysis Stations: 4 (626) 288-6379
- San Gabriel Nephrology Services, LLC2.42 miles away801 S. San Gabriel Blvd. San Gabriel California 91776CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (626) 285-1830