Located in Keller, Texas, Heritage House at Keller Rehab & Nursing is one of just a few nursing homes in the area. Featuring an overall score of B+, this nursing home should work for most prospective patients. You can certainly do much worse than this facility. Fortunately, this facility did not have any weak links in any of the four major categories. Additional information about these categories is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Heritage House at Keller Rehab & Nursing
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Keller senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This means that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to create an immediate risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a grade of A- for our long-term care grade. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Heritage House at Keller Rehab & Nursing?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also above average in the category of short-term care, where it was given a score of B. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. In the area of short-term care, we try to qualify indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. We were not able to track down information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
The last category we analyzed is nursing. In that area, we gave this nursing home a decent grade of C. This turned out to be this nursing home's worst area. The nursing category analyzes a handful of components, many of which are based on quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. It performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Heritage House at Keller Rehab & Nursing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Heritage House at Keller Rehab & Nursing, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Heritage House at Keller Rehab & Nursing, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Heritage House at Keller Rehab & Nursing, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who experienced UTI's. While a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Heritage House at Keller Rehab & Nursing, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term care residents who were administered antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to having more residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Heritage House at Keller Rehab & Nursing, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Heritage House at Keller Rehab & Nursing, 4.84% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients showing signs of depression. Some experts would argue that this is a measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Heritage House at Keller Rehab & Nursing, 93.69% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Heritage House at Keller Rehab & Nursing, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Heritage House at Keller Rehab & Nursing, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Heritage House at Keller Rehab & Nursing, 1.89 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Heritage House at Keller Rehab & Nursing, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Heritage House at Keller Rehab & Nursing, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Heritage House at Keller Rehab & Nursing, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements.
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 3.56 miles away10864 Texas Health Trail Keller Texas 76244Voluntary non-profit - Private(682) 212-2000
- Wise Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 3.73 miles away3200 North Tarrant Parkway Fort Worth Texas 76177Government - Hospital District or Authority(817) 502-7300
- Medical City AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 3.79 miles away3101 North Tarrant Parkway Fort Worth Texas 76177Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 639-1100
- Saint Camillus Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.22 miles away1612 Hurst Town Center Drive Hurst Texas 76054Proprietary(817) 519-3700
- Medical City North HillsAcute Care Hospitals 6.33 miles away4401 Booth Calloway Road North Richland Hills Texas 76180Proprietary(817) 255-1000
- Baylor Medical Center at Trophy ClubAcute Care Hospitals 6.72 miles away2850 E State Highway 114 Roanoke Texas 76262Proprietary(817) 837-4600
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital SouthlakeAcute Care Hospitals 7.47 miles away1545 E Southlake Blvd Southlake Texas 76092Government - State(817) 748-8700
- Texas Health HebAcute Care Hospitals 9.27 miles away1600 Hospital Parkway Bedford Texas 76022Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 848-4000
- Keller Dialysis1.33 miles away11000 Old Denton Road Keller Texas 76248Dialysis Stations: 17 (817) 337-5483
- Renal Center of Keller, LLC2.25 miles away10708 Victoria Ash Dr Keller Texas 76244Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 431-6533
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Keller2.38 miles away4420 Heritage Trace Pkwy Ste 312 Keller Texas 76244CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 993-6516
- Fresenius Medical Care Keller, LLC3.99 miles away3700 N Tarrant Pkwy Fort Worth Texas 76177Dialysis Stations: 13 (817) 479-8232
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis North Richland Hills5.55 miles away6455 Hilltop Dr, Suite 112 North Richland Hills Texas 76180Dialysis Stations: 15 (817) 485-8700
- North Hills Dialysis5.89 miles away7927 Boulevard 26 North Richland Hills Texas 76180Dialysis Stations: 15 (817) 605-9861
- Fort Worth Saginaw Dialysis6.1 miles away900 North Blue Mound Road Suite 192 Fort Worth Texas 76131Dialysis Stations: 13 (817) 232-1502
- Northeast Ft Worth Dialysis Ct6.23 miles away4121 Denton Hwy Haltom City Texas 76117Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 581-1515