Heritage Health Care Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Bedford, Ohio. We gave this nursing home a rock bottom overall score based on the data we looked at. This facility didn't have any redeeming qualities. Finally, inspections was the only shining light in our review of this nursing home. We provide more information on this category below.
Heritage Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Speech Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While this place's overall grade was terrible, it actually performed well in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B+ for that area, which is one of our better scores. Inspection scores account for a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. You should avoid places with a list of severe deficiencies flagged. Although this place had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, we gave this facility an F for its short-term care score. In our short-term care rating, we strive to forge a valuable barometer for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we assess a nursing home's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Considering its weak score in this area, we were not surprised to discover that this facility provided significantly fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most nursing homes. Finally, we assessed the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Heritage Health Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Sadly, this facility received an F for its long-term care score. Facilities that do not score well in long-term care often do not provide as much nursing care and also may be lagging in some of the areas of routine personal care we looked at. Once we concluded our assessment of the quantity of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. Candidly, we were a bit alarmed this facility vaccinated only 82.14286 percent of its patients against pneumonia. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
The final category we assessed is nursing. Sadly, it received a lowly F for this area, which is a rock bottom grade. There are a variety of data points within this grade. Many of these subcategories are tied to the quantity of nurse staffing. This facility averaged a meager 0.1 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This statistic is quite a bit below average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing scores. This place performed well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these statistics to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Heritage Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Heritage Health Care Center, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Heritage Health Care Center, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who had a fall leading to severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Heritage Health Care Center, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Heritage Health Care Center, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who are prescribed antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Heritage Health Care Center, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Heritage Health Care Center, 20.26% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are showing signs of depression. Increased rates of depression may indicate a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Heritage Health Care Center, 90.12% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Heritage Health Care Center, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate erosion of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Heritage Health Care Center, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Heritage Health Care Center, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Heritage Health Care Center, 12 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Heritage Health Care Center, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.3 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.31 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 11.28 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.28 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 11.41 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.55 miles away6780 Mayfield Road Cleveland Ohio 44124Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 312-4500
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 12.04 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.63 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Nephrology Associates at Oakwood, Ltd.0.9 miles away7690 First Place, Suite E, Bldg D Bedford Ohio 44146CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 439-1526
- Fmc - Solon3.11 miles away6020 Enterprise Parkway Solon Ohio 44139Dialysis Stations: 16 (440) 248-7061
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group-North Randall4.26 miles away5035 Richmond Road Bedford Ohio 44146Dialysis Stations: 15 (216) 591-1364
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.4.49 miles away4877 Galaxy Parkway Suite A Cleveland Ohio 44128CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (216) 378-5050
- Davita Twinsburg Dialysis4.71 miles away2592 E. Aurora Rd. Suite 100 Twinsburg Ohio 44087Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 405-3030
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.6.33 miles away5595 Transportation Blvd., Suite 110 Cleveland Ohio 44125CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (216) 581-0801
- Cleveland Home Dialysis6.84 miles away9729 Granger Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Dialysis Stations: 4 (216) 438-7325
- Ohio Renal Holdings Inc.6.93 miles away3609 Park East Drive, Suite 106 North Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 6 (216) 455-1315