Heritage Court Post Acute of Scottsdale is in the large metropolitan area of Scottsdale, Arizona. We awarded this facility a superb overall grade of A. As a result, it is among the better nursing homes in Scottsdale, which offers some quality nursing homes. You really can not do much better than this place. This also proved to be a very consistent facility with consistent scores in all four of our categories. More information about these categories is available below.
Heritage Court Post Acute of Scottsdale
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
3339 North Drinkwater Boulevard,
Scottsdale AZ 85251
61.75% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our long-term care rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Facilities that excel in long-term care typically provide residents with closer supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. After considering the impressive nursing hours provided by this facility, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is much higher than the majority of nursing homes. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also received a very strong short-term care grade. Indeed, this ended up being this facility's second best category grade. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of A. In the category of short-term care, we seek to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. We were quite impressed to learn that this place offers its residents substantially more physical therapist hours than most other facilities. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that it outperformed the vast majority of facilities in the country in this area with 66 percent of its residents returning home. This is a significantly higher rate than most nursing homes.
Does this page answer your questions about Heritage Court Post Acute of Scottsdale?
We gave this facility an A- for our inspections rating. Our inspection ratings account for several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better scores in this area usually have very few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
The final category we analyzed is nursing, where this nursing home was awarded a grade of A-. This rounded out a first-rate report card. Few nursing homes received an A- or higher in each of our categories. Our nursing grade features a host of factors. The most important factor is the quantity of hours nurses spend with patients. With 4.2 hours of nursing care per patient each day, this facility surpassed the vast majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this place also excelled in the quality-based metrics we looked at. It performed as well as any facility the state in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Heritage Court Post Acute of Scottsdale Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Heritage Court Post Acute of Scottsdale, 8.93% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Heritage Court Post Acute of Scottsdale, 2.27% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents who suffered falls which caused serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Heritage Court Post Acute of Scottsdale, 1.6% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this datapoint may be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Heritage Court Post Acute of Scottsdale, 11.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Heritage Court Post Acute of Scottsdale, 16.92% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term residents who are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Heritage Court Post Acute of Scottsdale, 2.89% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Heritage Court Post Acute of Scottsdale, 82.88% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Heritage Court Post Acute of Scottsdale, 12.86% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Heritage Court Post Acute of Scottsdale, 23.01% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who remained mobile levels. Some argue that the ability to move around is important for patients mental and physical health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Heritage Court Post Acute of Scottsdale, 23.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Heritage Court Post Acute of Scottsdale, 10.98 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Heritage Court Post Acute of Scottsdale, 73.79% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living often correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Scottsdale, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Scottsdale, Arizona has 9 other nursing homes
- Scottsdale Osborn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.06 miles away7400 East Osborn Road Scottsdale Arizona 85251Proprietary(480) 882-4004
- Valley HospitalPsychiatric 4.83 miles away3550 East Pinchot Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85018Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 957-4000
- Valleywise Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.34 miles away2601 East Roosevelt Street Phoenix Arizona 85008Government - Local(602) 344-5011
- Scottsdale Shea Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.84 miles away9003 East Shea Boulevard Scottsdale Arizona 85260Proprietary(480) 323-3000
- Banner Desert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.22 miles away1400 South Dobson Road Mesa Arizona 85202Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 412-3000
- St Luke's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.38 miles away1800 East Van Buren Street Phoenix Arizona 85006Proprietary(602) 251-8156
- Banner - University Medical Center PhoenixAcute Care Hospitals 8 miles away1111 East Mcdowell Road Phoenix Arizona 85006Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 239-2000
- St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.1 miles away350 West Thomas Road Phoenix Arizona 85013Voluntary non-profit - Church(602) 406-5001
- Salt River Dialysis Center (Fmc)0.16 miles away10301 E Osborn Rd Bldg 14 Scottsdale Arizona 85256Dialysis Stations: 16 (480) 362-1044
- Fmc Old Town Scottsdale0.63 miles away4141 N Scottsdale Rd Ste 100 Scottsdale Arizona 85251Dialysis Stations: 25 (480) 946-1455
- Scottsdale Dialysis (Fmc)1.77 miles away1495 N Hayden Ste d1-d4 Scottsdale Arizona 85257Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 949-7844
- Southwest Kidney/Davita-Phoenix Home Dialysis (Dva)2.85 miles away5115 E Thomas Rd Ste 100 Phoenix Arizona 85018Dialysis Stations: 1 (602) 840-0012
- Fresenius Kidney Care Desert Sage3.46 miles away4901 W Mcdowell Road Suite 120 Phoenix Arizona 85035Dialysis Stations: 25 (602) 272-3116
- Scottsdale Dialysis (Dva)3.52 miles away5705 N Scottsdale Rd, Ste 120 Scottsdale Arizona 85250Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 941-3860
- Papago Dialysis (Dva)4.01 miles away5115 East Thomas, Suite #115 Phoenix Arizona 85018Dialysis Stations: 13 (602) 956-1831
- Arcadia Dialysis Center (Fmc)5.54 miles away4021 N. 30th Street Phoenix Arizona 85016CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (602) 957-2142