Heritage Court Post Acute of Scottsdale is located in the densely populated metropolitan area of Scottsdale, Arizona. We gave this facility an overall grade of B. A grade of this caliber requires solid scores in most areas. This nursing home truly has plenty going for it. More information on this nursing home's category grades is available below. Its best category is short-term care, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Heritage Court Post Acute of Scottsdale
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Scottsdale senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Lymphedema Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall grade, we gave this facility an A for our short-term care grade. Short-term care scores are based in part on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a wide spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.7 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
In addition, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this area typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Heritage Court Post Acute of Scottsdale?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of B-. This wasn't quite as good as some of its other scores, but a grade in this range is not the end of the world. Nursing grades are heavily correlated with quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This figure is significantly below the national average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility actually fared better in some of the quality measures we looked at. In fact, it scored well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we scored is long-term care. For that category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of C. In the area of long-term care, we assess the quantity of services offered by a facility, rather than more healthcare-oriented services. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 97.36842 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is more than the vast majority of nursing homes. Finally, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Heritage Court Post Acute of Scottsdale Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Heritage Court Post Acute of Scottsdale, 8.99% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term patients who have pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Heritage Court Post Acute of Scottsdale, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents that have sustained falls which caused serious injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Heritage Court Post Acute of Scottsdale, 1.4% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents which suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint could be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Heritage Court Post Acute of Scottsdale, 11.79% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term care residents who were administered antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Heritage Court Post Acute of Scottsdale, 17.9% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term residents that are given antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Heritage Court Post Acute of Scottsdale, 3.74% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating signs of depression. Some experts argue this is a reliable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Heritage Court Post Acute of Scottsdale, 74.57% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Heritage Court Post Acute of Scottsdale, 12.93% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Heritage Court Post Acute of Scottsdale, 15.66% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Heritage Court Post Acute of Scottsdale, 15.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Heritage Court Post Acute of Scottsdale, 11.86 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Heritage Court Post Acute of Scottsdale, 75.23% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Scottsdale, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of A
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Scottsdale, Arizona has 7 other nursing homes
- Scottsdale Osborn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.06 miles away7400 East Osborn Road Scottsdale Arizona 85251Proprietary(480) 882-4004
- Valley HospitalPsychiatric 4.83 miles away3550 East Pinchot Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85018Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 957-4000
- Valleywise Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.34 miles away2601 East Roosevelt Street Phoenix Arizona 85008Government - Local(602) 344-5011
- Scottsdale Shea Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.84 miles away9003 East Shea Boulevard Scottsdale Arizona 85260Proprietary(480) 323-3000
- Banner Desert Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.22 miles away1400 South Dobson Road Mesa Arizona 85202Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 412-3000
- St Luke's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.38 miles away1800 East Van Buren Street Phoenix Arizona 85006Proprietary(602) 251-8156
- Banner - University Medical Center PhoenixAcute Care Hospitals 8 miles away1111 East Mcdowell Road Phoenix Arizona 85006Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 239-2000
- St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.1 miles away350 West Thomas Road Phoenix Arizona 85013Voluntary non-profit - Church(602) 406-5001
- Salt River Dialysis Center (Fmc)0.16 miles away10301 E Osborn Rd Bldg 14 Scottsdale Arizona 85256Dialysis Stations: 16 (480) 362-1044
- Fmc Old Town Scottsdale0.63 miles away4141 N Scottsdale Rd Ste 100 Scottsdale Arizona 85251Dialysis Stations: 25 (480) 946-1455
- Scottsdale Dialysis (Fmc)1.77 miles away1495 N Hayden Ste d1-d4 Scottsdale Arizona 85257Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 949-7844
- Southwest Kidney/Davita-Phoenix Home Dialysis (Dva)2.85 miles away5115 E Thomas Rd Ste 100 Phoenix Arizona 85018Dialysis Stations: 1 (602) 840-0012
- Fresenius Kidney Care Desert Sage3.46 miles away4901 W Mcdowell Road Suite 120 Phoenix Arizona 85035Dialysis Stations: 25 (602) 272-3116
- Scottsdale Dialysis (Dva)3.52 miles away5705 N Scottsdale Rd, Ste 120 Scottsdale Arizona 85250Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 941-3860
- Papago Dialysis (Dva)4.01 miles away5115 East Thomas, Suite #115 Phoenix Arizona 85018Dialysis Stations: 13 (602) 956-1831
- Arcadia Dialysis Center (Fmc)5.54 miles away4021 N. 30th Street Phoenix Arizona 85016CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (602) 957-2142