Heritage Corner Nursing Home is a very-small facility located in Bowling Green, Ohio. This facility was awarded an A- overall, which is one of our higher ratings. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top 25 percent of all nursing homes in the country. This place also received very consistent grades in all of our categories. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
Heritage Corner Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Mar 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1069 Klotz Road,
Bowling Green OH 43402
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Mental Health
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Blood Administration
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings are based on several items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that score well in this area have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this facility had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received a very strong short-term care grade. This actually is this nursing home's second best category score. In that area, this facility received a grade of A-. Our short-term care grades are based on the facility's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a vast range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The final measure we looked at in this area is the number of residents who were able to return home from the facility. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Heritage Corner Nursing Home?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. In calculating a nursing home's nursing rating, we look at the quantity of hours nurses spend with patients and the level of skill of the nurses. This facility provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our last area, this nursing home also performed well in our long-term care category. In fact, we gave it a B+ for that category. This wrapped up a very impressive profile. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. One of the criteria we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccinations. It doesn't look like this nursing home provided vaccination data. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
- Wood County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.76 miles away950 West Wooster Street Bowling Green Ohio 43402Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 354-8900
- St Luke's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.14 miles away5901 Monclova Road Maumee Ohio 43537Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 893-5900
- Fostoria Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 17.41 miles away501 Van Buren Street Fostoria Ohio 44830Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 435-7734
- University of Toledo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.39 miles away3000 Arlington Avenue Toledo Ohio 43699Government - State(419) 383-4848
- Northwest Ohio Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 18.52 miles away930 South Detroit Avenue Toledo Ohio 43614Government - State(419) 381-1881
- Us Renal Care of Bowling Green2.1 miles away1037 Conneaut Street, Suite 101 Bowling Green Ohio 43402Dialysis Stations: 12 (419) 353-1080
- Fmc - Perrysburg Dialysis12.96 miles away701 Commerce Drive Perrysburg Ohio 43551Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 874-3447
- Total Renal Care, Inc.14.29 miles away4330 Keystone Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 12 (419) 887-0762
- Fresenius Medical Care Maumee Home LLC14.29 miles away6546 Weatherfield Ct Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 4 (419) 865-4554
- Fmc- Arrowhead Dialysis Center15.78 miles away322 W Dussel Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 24 (419) 891-2200
- Usrc Maumee, LLC15.84 miles away1787 Indian Wood Circle, Suite B Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 887-0729
- Promedica Fostoria Community Hospital Dialysis Center17.39 miles away506 Van Buren Street Fostoria Ohio 44830Dialysis Stations: 6 (419) 436-6685
- Davita - Southland Dialysis17.71 miles away3401 Glendale Toledo Ohio 43614CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (419) 389-9681