Heritage at Turner Park Health & Rehab is located in Grand Prairie, Texas. Sporting an overall grade of C, this looks like a middle of the road facility. Based on our assessment, there are definitely far worse places out there. This facility did not meet our expectations in every category we looked at, but it didn't receive any terrible grades either. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Heritage at Turner Park Health & Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Wound Care
Registered Staff Hours
We want to point out that this facility really outperformed its overall grade in the area of inspections. In fact, it received an excellent government inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our best scores in that category with a grade of A-. Inspection grades weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area generally have few of these severe deficiencies. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. A few minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
In addition, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B in our nursing category. This is one of our better grades. Nursing ratings are primarily associated with a facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Heritage at Turner Park Health & Rehab?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home received its third best category grade in the category of long-term care. We gave this nursing home a grade of C in this area, which is an acceptable grade. Long-term care grades focus on a facility's personal care rather than the skilled nursing or healthcare services that are critical to a skilled nursing facility. After looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. We were pleased to find that this facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. This nursing home keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our last category, we awarded this facility a D in our short-term care category. This is the facility's least impressive category score. Short-term care grades are meaningful for prospective residents in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes more skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a vast scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. As you might expect, we discovered that this nursing home offers significantly less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than the average nursing home. The last measure we assessed in this category is the number of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 4.3 percent of its patients returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Heritage at Turner Park Health & Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Heritage at Turner Park Health & Rehab, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term residents who have new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Heritage at Turner Park Health & Rehab, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of long-term residents who had a fall which caused serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Heritage at Turner Park Health & Rehab, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Better nursing care can reduce the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Heritage at Turner Park Health & Rehab, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Heritage at Turner Park Health & Rehab, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally used to treat residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Heritage at Turner Park Health & Rehab, 4.66% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some experts argue that this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Heritage at Turner Park Health & Rehab, 94.73% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Heritage at Turner Park Health & Rehab, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Heritage at Turner Park Health & Rehab, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Heritage at Turner Park Health & Rehab, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Heritage at Turner Park Health & Rehab, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue that this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Baylor Medical Center at IrvingAcute Care Hospitals 6.29 miles away1901 N Macarthur Blvd Irving Texas 75061Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 579-8100
- Texas Health Arlington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.16 miles away800 W Randol Mill Rd Arlington Texas 76012Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 548-6100
- Medical City ArlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 8.12 miles away3301 Matlock Road Arlington Texas 76015Proprietary(817) 465-3241
- Baylor Scott and White Orthopedic and Spine HospiAcute Care Hospitals 8.57 miles away707 Highlander Blvd Arlington Texas 76015Proprietary(817) 549-2364
- Usmd Hospital at Arlington L PAcute Care Hospitals 8.63 miles away801 W Interstate 20 Arlington Texas 76017Physician(817) 472-3400
- Texas Health HebAcute Care Hospitals 9.63 miles away1600 Hospital Parkway Bedford Texas 76022Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 848-4000
- Pine Creek Medical Center LlpAcute Care Hospitals 9.63 miles away9032 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas Texas 75235Proprietary(214) 231-2273
- Methodist Charlton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.75 miles away3500 W Wheatland Road Dallas Texas 75237Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 947-7777
- Fresenius Medical Care Grand Prairie1.28 miles away825 Dalworth Street Grand Prairie Texas 75050CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (972) 266-3891
- Usrc Tarrant Dialysis Center - Grand Prairie1.36 miles away1006 North Carrier Parkway Grand Prairie Texas 75050CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (972) 263-7202
- Grand Prairie Dialysis Center Inc1.54 miles away550 S Carrier Parkway Suite 450 Grand Prairie Texas 75051Dialysis Stations: 24 (972) 237-2400
- Dialysis Care of Grand Prairie2.63 miles away402 N Carrier Parkway Suite 102 Grand Prairie Texas 75050Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 264-2660
- Greater Irving I Regional Dialysis Center, LLC5.27 miles away1950 Ne Green Oaks Blvd Suite 190 Arlington Texas 76006Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 460-0510
- Fresenius Medical Care of Cockrell Hill5.53 miles away4810 West Illinois Dallas Texas 75211CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (214) 467-3788
- Fresenius Medical Care Irving5.68 miles away1625 North Story Road Suite 140 Irving Texas 75061CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (972) 871-8282
- Usrc West Grand Prairie, LLC5.95 miles away4045 S. Great Southwest Parkway Suite 100 Grand Prairie Texas 75052Dialysis Stations: 8 (972) 375-0028