Heritage at Turner Park Health & Rehab is located in Grand Prairie, Texas. Sporting an overall grade of C, this looks like a middle of the road facility. Based on our assessment, there are definitely far worse places out there. This facility was better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any bad scores in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Heritage at Turner Park Health & Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Wound Care
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was decent, it really fared well in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with better grades in this area typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies should not lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Short-term Care Quality
This facilities second best area is short-term care. We gave it a grade of B- in this area. This is basically a middle of the road score in this category. Our short-term care ratings are arguably most critical for those needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually requires higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not only nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other types of therapy. In this place's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than a typical facility. The hope is that this does not adversely affect the quality of care. The last measure we assessed in this category is the number of patients who returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. This figure was below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Heritage at Turner Park Health & Rehab?
Long-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a middle of the road score in the area of long-term care, where we awarded it a C. In computing our long-term care scores, we quantify the nursing home's personal care services. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents, which is better than the majority of nursing homes. This facility keeps its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Moving on to the fourth category, this facility was awarded an acceptable nursing grade of C. Our nursing score includes many factors, many of which are based on nursing hours. This nursing home provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is a somewhat uninspiring figure which is well below the national average. Lastly, nursing grades also consider quality-based metrics, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this place performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is typically an indicator that a place has quality controls in place. Some falls could be avoided if a nursing home provides enough nurses aids to assist its residents.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Heritage at Turner Park Health & Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Heritage at Turner Park Health & Rehab, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percent of long-term stay residents which suffer from pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Heritage at Turner Park Health & Rehab, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are often linked to lower quality nursing care. More supervision limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Heritage at Turner Park Health & Rehab, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term patients who have had UTI's. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Heritage at Turner Park Health & Rehab, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Heritage at Turner Park Health & Rehab, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are used to treat residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Heritage at Turner Park Health & Rehab, 4.81% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Heritage at Turner Park Health & Rehab, 94.64% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Heritage at Turner Park Health & Rehab, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Many in the industry argue this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Heritage at Turner Park Health & Rehab, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels. Some experts argue that the ability to move around is critical to residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Heritage at Turner Park Health & Rehab, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Heritage at Turner Park Health & Rehab, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living usually correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
- Baylor Medical Center at IrvingAcute Care Hospitals 6.29 miles away1901 N Macarthur Blvd Irving Texas 75061Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 579-8100
- Texas Health Arlington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.16 miles away800 W Randol Mill Rd Arlington Texas 76012Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 548-6100
- Medical City ArlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 8.12 miles away3301 Matlock Road Arlington Texas 76015Proprietary(817) 465-3241
- Baylor Scott and White Orthopedic and Spine HospiAcute Care Hospitals 8.57 miles away707 Highlander Blvd Arlington Texas 76015Proprietary(817) 549-2364
- Usmd Hospital at Arlington L PAcute Care Hospitals 8.63 miles away801 W Interstate 20 Arlington Texas 76017Physician(817) 472-3400
- Texas Health HebAcute Care Hospitals 9.63 miles away1600 Hospital Parkway Bedford Texas 76022Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 848-4000
- Pine Creek Medical Center LlpAcute Care Hospitals 9.63 miles away9032 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas Texas 75235Proprietary(214) 231-2273
- Methodist Charlton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.75 miles away3500 W Wheatland Road Dallas Texas 75237Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 947-7777
- Fresenius Medical Care Grand Prairie1.28 miles away825 Dalworth Street Grand Prairie Texas 75050CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (972) 266-3891
- Usrc Tarrant Dialysis Center - Grand Prairie1.36 miles away1006 North Carrier Parkway Grand Prairie Texas 75050CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (972) 263-7202
- Grand Prairie Dialysis Center Inc1.54 miles away550 S Carrier Parkway Suite 450 Grand Prairie Texas 75051Dialysis Stations: 24 (972) 237-2400
- Dialysis Care of Grand Prairie2.63 miles away402 N Carrier Parkway Suite 102 Grand Prairie Texas 75050Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 264-2660
- Greater Irving I Regional Dialysis Center, LLC5.27 miles away1950 Ne Green Oaks Blvd Suite 190 Arlington Texas 76006Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 460-0510
- Fresenius Medical Care of Cockrell Hill5.53 miles away4810 West Illinois Dallas Texas 75211CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (214) 467-3788
- Fresenius Medical Care Irving5.68 miles away1625 North Story Road Suite 140 Irving Texas 75061CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (972) 871-8282
- Usrc West Grand Prairie, LLC5.95 miles away4045 S. Great Southwest Parkway Suite 100 Grand Prairie Texas 75052Dialysis Stations: 8 (972) 375-0028