Henry Ford Village is located in Dearborn, Michigan, a city with a total of 98,153 people. Sporting an overall score of B-, this appears to be a middle of the road facility. Based on our analysis, this nursing home has some redeeming qualities. One of the best aspects of this facility's report card is its exemplary inspection score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Henry Ford Village
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home earned a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to point out its excellent health inspection reports in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of A in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining our inspection ratings. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are quite minor. This nursing home was hit with 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to be an imminent threat to resident safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received a favorable grade in our short-term care category. We gave this facility a better than average grade of B in this category. In computing these short-term care ratings, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The objective is to create a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 6.7 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Henry Ford Village?
This facility's next best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of B-. Our nursing score is based on a handful of subcategories, most of which are associated with levels of nurse staffing. This facility averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient each day, which is a very low figure. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility excelled in some of the quality measures we looked at. It performed well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's least impressive category was long-term care, which is the last category we analyzed. In this category, we awarded this facility a grade of just D. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in long-term care it generally means the facility did not perform well in our measures relating to patient care. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 86.48649 percent of its residents. This is pretty significantly lower than average. To our surprise, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has less hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Henry Ford Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Henry Ford Village, 8.85% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term stay patients who suffered from pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Henry Ford Village, 2.88% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients which have suffered falls leading to major injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Henry Ford Village, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Henry Ford Village, 13.01% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Henry Ford Village, 18.73% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percent of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Henry Ford Village, 3.47% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents showing symptoms of depression. Increased levels of depression could imply a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Henry Ford Village, 91.4% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Henry Ford Village, 12.4% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and eating. Some experts argue that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Henry Ford Village, 19.67% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term patients who remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Henry Ford Village, 19.67 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Henry Ford Village, 10.71 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Henry Ford Village, 76.5% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue that this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Beaumont Hospital - DearbornAcute Care Hospitals 2.82 miles away18101 Oakwood Blvd Dearborn Michigan 48124Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 593-7125
- Henry Ford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.98 miles away2799 W Grand Blvd Detroit Michigan 48202Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 916-2600
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.16 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- Sinai-Grace HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.33 miles away6071 W Outer Drive Detroit Michigan 48235Proprietary(313) 966-3300
- Harper University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.93 miles away3990 John R Street Detroit Michigan 48201Proprietary(313) 745-6211
- Children's Hospital of MichiganChildrens 7.14 miles away3901 Beaubien Street Detroit Michigan 48201Proprietary(313) 745-5437
- Beaumont Hospital - TaylorAcute Care Hospitals 7.79 miles away10000 Telegraph Road Taylor Michigan 48180Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 295-5253
- Henry Ford Wyandotte HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.55 miles away2333 Biddle Ave Wyandotte Michigan 48192Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 246-6000
- Bio Medical Applications of Michigan Inc0.99 miles away5250 Auto Club Dr Ste 100 Dearborn Michigan 48126Dialysis Stations: 13 (313) 982-9820
- Davita East Dearborn Dialysis1.37 miles away13200 W Warren Ave Suite A Dearborn Michigan 48126Dialysis Stations: 16 (313) 582-0131
- Dearborn Kidney Center, LLC1.62 miles away5111 Auto Club Dr Bldg B, Ste 120 Dearborn Michigan 48126Dialysis Stations: 16 (313) 982-9788
- Greenfield Hs - Dearborn1.8 miles away19001 Hubbard Dr Dearborn Michigan 48126CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (313) 441-1160
- Davita - Oakwood Renal Services2.8 miles away18100 Oakwood Blvd Ste 206 Dearborn Michigan 48124Dialysis Stations: 18 (313) 438-7959
- Davita - Dearborn3.17 miles away1185 Monroe St Dearborn Michigan 48124CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (313) 274-8100
- Davita - Dearborn at Home3.22 miles away22030 Park St Dearborn Michigan 48124Dialysis Stations: 2 (313) 792-7343
- Detroit Kidney Center LLC4.05 miles away13437 Schaefer Hwy Detroit Michigan 48227Dialysis Stations: 20 (313) 270-2709