Henry Ford Village is located in Dearborn, Michigan, a city with a total of 98,153 people. Sporting an overall score of B-, this appears to be a middle of the road facility. Based on our analysis, this nursing home has some redeeming qualities. One of the best aspects of this facility's report card is its exemplary inspection score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Henry Ford Village
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Please note our records indicate that Henry Ford Village has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home earned a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to point out its excellent health inspection reports in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining our inspection ratings. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are quite minor. This nursing home was hit with 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to be an imminent threat to resident safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received a favorable grade in our short-term care category. We gave this facility a better than average grade of B+ in this category. In computing these short-term care ratings, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The objective is to create a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this facility submitted data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final statistic we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Henry Ford Village?
This nursing home's nursing grade appears to be one of its better features. The facility received a grade of C in this category. Nursing ratings are mostly based on a nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Lastly, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics. Although this facility got docked a bit for its nursing hours, it excelled in some of these quality-based measures. With less than five percent of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, it did very well in this statistic. This is often an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of moving patients even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we graded was long-term care. We gave this facility a grade of D for the area of long-term care, making this the nursing home's least impressive area. Facilities that don't fare well in this category typically are not as well-staffed and are lagging in some of the areas of routine medical care we looked at. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. As it turns out, this facility provided the vaccine to only 69.04762 percent of its residents, which is somewhat alarming. Surprisingly, this facility actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Henry Ford Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Henry Ford Village, 8.78% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Henry Ford Village, 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls leading to injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Henry Ford Village, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term care residents who have experienced urinary tract infections. UTI's could be a sign of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this metric can be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Henry Ford Village, 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to patients for a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Henry Ford Village, 18.81% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients that were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Henry Ford Village, 3.44% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Henry Ford Village, 91.43% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Henry Ford Village, 12.1% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and bathing. Some experts argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Henry Ford Village, 17.7% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Henry Ford Village, 17.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Henry Ford Village, 10.81 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Henry Ford Village, 77.3% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Beaumont Hospital - DearbornAcute Care Hospitals 2.82 miles away18101 Oakwood Blvd Dearborn Michigan 48124Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 593-7125
- Henry Ford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.98 miles away2799 W Grand Blvd Detroit Michigan 48202Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 916-2600
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.16 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- Sinai-Grace HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.33 miles away6071 W Outer Drive Detroit Michigan 48235Proprietary(313) 966-3300
- Harper University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.93 miles away3990 John R Street Detroit Michigan 48201Proprietary(313) 745-6211
- Children's Hospital of MichiganChildrens 7.14 miles away3901 Beaubien Street Detroit Michigan 48201Proprietary(313) 745-5437
- Beaumont Hospital - TaylorAcute Care Hospitals 7.79 miles away10000 Telegraph Road Taylor Michigan 48180Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 295-5253
- Henry Ford Wyandotte HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.55 miles away2333 Biddle Ave Wyandotte Michigan 48192Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 246-6000
- Bio Medical Applications of Michigan Inc0.99 miles away5250 Auto Club Dr Ste 100 Dearborn Michigan 48126Dialysis Stations: 13 (313) 982-9820
- Davita East Dearborn Dialysis1.37 miles away13200 W Warren Ave Suite A Dearborn Michigan 48126Dialysis Stations: 16 (313) 582-0131
- Dearborn Kidney Center, LLC1.62 miles away5111 Auto Club Dr Bldg B, Ste 120 Dearborn Michigan 48126Dialysis Stations: 16 (313) 982-9788
- Greenfield Hs - Dearborn1.8 miles away19001 Hubbard Dr Dearborn Michigan 48126CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (313) 441-1160
- Davita - Oakwood Renal Services2.8 miles away18100 Oakwood Blvd Ste 206 Dearborn Michigan 48124Dialysis Stations: 18 (313) 438-7959
- Davita - Dearborn3.17 miles away1185 Monroe St Dearborn Michigan 48124CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (313) 274-8100
- Davita - Dearborn at Home3.22 miles away22030 Park St Dearborn Michigan 48124Dialysis Stations: 2 (313) 792-7343
- Detroit Kidney Center LLC4.05 miles away13437 Schaefer Hwy Detroit Michigan 48227Dialysis Stations: 20 (313) 270-2709