Hempfield Manor is located in Greensburg, Pennsylvania, a city with a population of 59,483 people. This facility was given an overall grade of B. Indeed, this proved to be one of the three highest graded nursing homes in Greensburg. This nursing home definitely has plenty working in its favor. This facility's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1118 Woodward Drive,
Greensburg PA 15601
89.75% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
On top of earning a great overall rating, this facility fared even better in the area of inspections which is based on the facility's recent inspections. We awarded it an A for that category, which is one of our highest scores. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection ratings. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some end up being quite insignificant. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
An additional strong feature for this nursing home is that it was given an impressive short-term care score. Indeed, this wound up being its second best category score. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B+. In the category of short-term care, we seek to assess measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The last statistic we considered in this category is the percentage of patients that returned home from the nursing home. It fared better than most nursing homes in this area with 52.2 percent of its patients returning home.
Does this page answer your questions about Hempfield Manor?
The next highest grade we gave this nursing home came in the category of nursing, where we gave it a grade of B-. This wasn't quite as good as some of its other scores, but a grade in this range is not the end of the world. We weighed the skill-level of nurses working for the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of hours those nurses spent with patients, in calculating our grade in this category. This facility averages 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day, which is a very low figure. Finally, we also factored some quality measures into our nursing scores. This place was relatively weak in two of the major areas we look at, with below average scores for minimizing its patients' pressure ulcers and major falls. These areas are generally decent indicators of the quality of nursing care offered.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at was long-term care. This nursing home was given a B- for the category. If you are looking for anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care grades. After considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. We were pleased to learn that this nursing home vaccinated 99.082565 percent of its patients for pneumonia. This facility keeps its residents out of the hospital. Although it had 2.32 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, its risk adjusted statistic was better than the majority of nursing homes since it had more complicated patients.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hempfield Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hempfield Manor, 7.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hempfield Manor, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that suffered falls leading to major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hempfield Manor, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hempfield Manor, 15.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for treating several medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hempfield Manor, 19.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are administered antianxiety medication. These medications are typically used to treat residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hempfield Manor, 3.38% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hempfield Manor, 89.35% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hempfield Manor, 15.62% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hempfield Manor, 23.88% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that were able to retain mobility.
In Hempfield Manor, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hempfield Manor, 23.88 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hempfield Manor, 8.79 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hempfield Manor, 72.17% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe that this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Greensburg, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Greensburg, Pennsylvania has 6 other nursing homes
- Excela Health Westmoreland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.23 miles away532 West Pittsburgh Street Greensburg Pennsylvania 15601Voluntary non-profit - Other(724) 832-4000
- Excela Health Frick HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.05 miles away508 South Church Street Mount Pleasant Pennsylvania 15666Voluntary non-profit - Other(724) 547-1500
- Forbes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.29 miles away2570 Haymaker Road Monroeville Pennsylvania 15146Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 858-2000
- Upmc EastAcute Care Hospitals 13.98 miles away2775 Mosside Boulevard Monroeville Pennsylvania 15146Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 357-3000
- Upmc MckeesportAcute Care Hospitals 15.02 miles away1500 Fifth Avenue Mckeesport Pennsylvania 15132Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 664-2000
- Highlands HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.56 miles away401 East Murphy Avenue Connellsville Pennsylvania 15425Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 628-1500
- Jefferson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.94 miles away565 Coal Valley Road Clairton Pennsylvania 15025Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 469-5000
- Monongahela Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.59 miles away1163 Country Club Road Monongahela Pennsylvania 15063Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 258-1000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Greensburg1.43 miles away1003 North Greengate Road Greensburg Pennsylvania 15601Dialysis Stations: 16 (724) 832-8061
- Dialysis Clinic Inc - Hempfield3.27 miles away6710 State Route 30 Jeannette Pennsylvania 15644Dialysis Stations: 24 (724) 523-6386
- Renal Treatment Centers Mid-Atlantic Inc.8.15 miles away4044 Route 130, Suite 100 Irwin Pennsylvania 15642Dialysis Stations: 8 (724) 744-0713
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Murrysville9.28 miles away20 Wesco Lane Export Pennsylvania 15632Dialysis Stations: 13 (724) 325-5445
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Latrobe9.42 miles away121 W. 2nd Avenue Latrobe Pennsylvania 15650CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (724) 537-2041
- Dci of Mount Pleasant10.12 miles away20 East Main Street Mount Pleasant Pennsylvania 15666Dialysis Stations: 13 (724) 547-6511
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Mount Pleasant11.65 miles away2000 Summit Ridge Plaza Mount Pleasant Pennsylvania 15666Dialysis Stations: 17 (724) 542-7125
- Davita - Mckeesport West Dialysis11.98 miles away101 9th Street Mckeesport Pennsylvania 15132Dialysis Stations: 16 (412) 672-3720