With an address in Greensburg, Pennsylvania, Hempfield Manor is one of four nursing homes in the area. We awarded this facility an overall grade of B+ which is a quality overall grade. Consequently, it outscored the vast majority of the nursing homes in Greensburg by a sizable margin. You could certainly do much worse than this place. If you look further down this page, you will see this place's category grades, which are also impressive.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Greensburg senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home received a quality overall grade as described above, but we especially want to emphasize its nearly flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A- in this area. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining our inspection scores. One key factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are quite insignificant. While this facility had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a grade of A- for our long-term care score. When facilities receive this kind of grade in this category it is typically a good sign for patient care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 99.7006 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Hempfield Manor?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility was awarded a strong short-term care score as well. We gave it one of our better grades in that category with a score of B+. In our short-term care rating, we seek to forge a valuable barometer for rehabilitation. In doing so, we analyze the nursing home's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of patients that returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.2 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Moving on to the next area, this facility was awarded a strong nursing rating. This facility didn't turn out to have any weak grades. There are quite a few factors within this category. Many of these data points are tied to nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hempfield Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hempfield Manor, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hempfield Manor, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that had falls resulting in severe injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hempfield Manor, 1.85% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often linked to poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic could also be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hempfield Manor, 15.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for treating several medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hempfield Manor, 18.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hempfield Manor, 3.3% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hempfield Manor, 86.27% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these types of vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hempfield Manor, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hempfield Manor, 17.92% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels.
In Hempfield Manor, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hempfield Manor, 17.92 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hempfield Manor, 9.68 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hempfield Manor, 73.03% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Greensburg, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Greensburg, Pennsylvania has 3 other nursing homes
- Excela Health Westmoreland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.23 miles away532 West Pittsburgh Street Greensburg Pennsylvania 15601Voluntary non-profit - Other(724) 832-4000
- Excela Health Frick HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.05 miles away508 South Church Street Mount Pleasant Pennsylvania 15666Voluntary non-profit - Other(724) 547-1500
- Forbes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.29 miles away2570 Haymaker Road Monroeville Pennsylvania 15146Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 858-2000
- Upmc EastAcute Care Hospitals 13.98 miles away2775 Mosside Boulevard Monroeville Pennsylvania 15146Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 357-3000
- Upmc MckeesportAcute Care Hospitals 15.02 miles away1500 Fifth Avenue Mckeesport Pennsylvania 15132Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 664-2000
- Highlands HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.56 miles away401 East Murphy Avenue Connellsville Pennsylvania 15425Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 628-1500
- Jefferson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.94 miles away565 Coal Valley Road Clairton Pennsylvania 15025Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 469-5000
- Monongahela Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.59 miles away1163 Country Club Road Monongahela Pennsylvania 15063Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 258-1000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Greensburg1.43 miles away1003 North Greengate Road Greensburg Pennsylvania 15601Dialysis Stations: 16 (724) 832-8061
- Dialysis Clinic Inc - Hempfield3.27 miles away6710 State Route 30 Jeannette Pennsylvania 15644Dialysis Stations: 24 (724) 523-6386
- Renal Treatment Centers Mid-Atlantic Inc.8.15 miles away4044 Route 130, Suite 100 Irwin Pennsylvania 15642Dialysis Stations: 8 (724) 744-0713
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Murrysville9.28 miles away20 Wesco Lane Export Pennsylvania 15632Dialysis Stations: 13 (724) 325-5445
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Latrobe9.42 miles away121 W. 2nd Avenue Latrobe Pennsylvania 15650CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (724) 537-2041
- Dci of Mount Pleasant10.12 miles away20 East Main Street Mount Pleasant Pennsylvania 15666Dialysis Stations: 13 (724) 547-6511
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Mount Pleasant11.65 miles away2000 Summit Ridge Plaza Mount Pleasant Pennsylvania 15666Dialysis Stations: 17 (724) 542-7125
- Davita - Mckeesport West Dialysis11.98 miles away101 9th Street Mckeesport Pennsylvania 15132Dialysis Stations: 16 (412) 672-3720