With an address in Greensburg, Pennsylvania, Hempfield Manor is one of eight nursing homes in the area. This is a good facility with a B- overall grade. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Greensburg. You could certainly do worse than this nursing home. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's profile is its impressive inspection reports, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable facility overall, this place also excelled in the category of inspections, where it earned an A-. Few facilities performed better in this category. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this area typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This nursing home was hit with 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This indicates that the inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to be an imminent risk to resident safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+ in our short-term care category. This is one of our more favorable scores. In computing our short-term care scores, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to create a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.2 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Hempfield Manor?
Next, we looked at the nursing category where we awarded this nursing home a grade of C, which is a decent grade. Nursing ratings are heavily correlated with nurse staffing levels. This place provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is a somewhat uninspiring figure as it is well below the national average. Lastly, nursing ratings also consider quality-based metrics, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this facility actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is typically an indicator that a nursing home has sufficient quality controls in place. Many falls could be avoided if a facility supplies enough nurses aids to assist its residents.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's weakest category is long-term care, which is the final area we analyzed. For this category, we gave this facility a D. For prospective patients looking for a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are a key measure. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Thankfully, this facility gave the vaccine to 99.13295 percent of its patients, which is a very respectable figure. Surprisingly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hempfield Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hempfield Manor, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents that have new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hempfield Manor, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hempfield Manor, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hempfield Manor, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used to treat a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hempfield Manor, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This measures the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hempfield Manor, 3.12% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hempfield Manor, 88.22% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hempfield Manor, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the deterioration of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hempfield Manor, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients that maintained mobility. Some argue that the ability to move around is vital to patients physical and mental health.
In Hempfield Manor, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hempfield Manor, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hempfield Manor, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hempfield Manor, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Greensburg, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Greensburg, Pennsylvania has 7 other nursing homes
- Excela Health Westmoreland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.23 miles away532 West Pittsburgh Street Greensburg Pennsylvania 15601Voluntary non-profit - Other(724) 832-4000
- Excela Health Frick HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.05 miles away508 South Church Street Mount Pleasant Pennsylvania 15666Voluntary non-profit - Other(724) 547-1500
- Forbes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.29 miles away2570 Haymaker Road Monroeville Pennsylvania 15146Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 858-2000
- Upmc EastAcute Care Hospitals 13.98 miles away2775 Mosside Boulevard Monroeville Pennsylvania 15146Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 357-3000
- Upmc MckeesportAcute Care Hospitals 15.02 miles away1500 Fifth Avenue Mckeesport Pennsylvania 15132Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 664-2000
- Highlands HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.56 miles away401 East Murphy Avenue Connellsville Pennsylvania 15425Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 628-1500
- Jefferson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.94 miles away565 Coal Valley Road Clairton Pennsylvania 15025Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 469-5000
- Monongahela Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.59 miles away1163 Country Club Road Monongahela Pennsylvania 15063Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 258-1000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Greensburg1.43 miles away1003 North Greengate Road Greensburg Pennsylvania 15601Dialysis Stations: 16 (724) 832-8061
- Dialysis Clinic Inc - Hempfield3.27 miles away6710 State Route 30 Jeannette Pennsylvania 15644Dialysis Stations: 24 (724) 523-6386
- Renal Treatment Centers Mid-Atlantic Inc.8.15 miles away4044 Route 130, Suite 100 Irwin Pennsylvania 15642Dialysis Stations: 8 (724) 744-0713
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Murrysville9.28 miles away20 Wesco Lane Export Pennsylvania 15632Dialysis Stations: 13 (724) 325-5445
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Latrobe9.42 miles away121 W. 2nd Avenue Latrobe Pennsylvania 15650CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (724) 537-2041
- Dci of Mount Pleasant10.12 miles away20 East Main Street Mount Pleasant Pennsylvania 15666Dialysis Stations: 13 (724) 547-6511
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Mount Pleasant11.65 miles away2000 Summit Ridge Plaza Mount Pleasant Pennsylvania 15666Dialysis Stations: 17 (724) 542-7125
- Davita - Mckeesport West Dialysis11.98 miles away101 9th Street Mckeesport Pennsylvania 15132Dialysis Stations: 16 (412) 672-3720