Helen Hayes Hospital Residential Health Care Facility is one of just a few nursing homes in West Haverstraw, New York. Sporting an overall rating of A+, this facility is without a doubt a superb nursing home. In addition, this is a hospital-based nursing home, which is a positive for prospective patients with medical conditions frequently requiring hospitalization. As you can see below, this place performed just as well in our category scores. We gave it a straight A report card!
Helen Hayes Hospital Residential Health Care Facility
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - State
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
- Aquatic Therapy
Best Nursing Home in New York Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in West Haverstraw, New York Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in New York Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in West Haverstraw, New York Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize that this facility has received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We gave them an A+ in this category. Our inspection ratings weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better grades in this area generally have few severe deficiencies. Unfortunately, we were not able to find deficiency data for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received an A+ for its short-term care grade. In our short-term care category, we strive to create a sound gauge for rehabilitation. In doing so, we assess a facility's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, this nursing home offers both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities offer both. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Helen Hayes Hospital Residential Health Care Facility?
Long-term Care Quality
Building on its remarkable assessment, this nursing home also received an excellent long-term care grade, with a grade of A. For patients looking for a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. After considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. It doesn't look like this nursing home provided vaccination data. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
In the final category we looked at, this facility was given an impressive grade grade of A in our nursing category. With this score, the nursing home rounded out a straight A report card. The nursing score weighs a handful of components, but the paramount consideration is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Helen Hayes Hospital Residential Health Care Facility Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Helen Hayes Hospital Residential Health Care Facility, 8.8 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Helen Hayes Hospital Residential Health Care Facility, 75.07% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living typically correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- New York-Presbyterian/Hudson Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.26 miles away1980 Crompond Road Cortlandt Manor New York 10567Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 734-3611
- Nyack HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.81 miles away160 North Midland Avenue Nyack New York 10960Voluntary non-profit - Other(845) 348-2000
- Phelps Memorial Hospital AssnAcute Care Hospitals 9.78 miles away701 North Broadway Tarrytown New York 10591Voluntary non-profit - Other(914) 366-3000
- Good Samaritan Hospital of SuffernAcute Care Hospitals 10.59 miles away255 Lafayette Avenue Suffern New York 10901Voluntary non-profit - Church(845) 368-5000
- Westchester Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.75 miles away100 Woods Rd Valhalla New York 10595Government - Hospital District or Authority(914) 493-7000
- Keller Ach (West Point)Acute Care - Department of Defense 13.06 miles away900 Washington Rd West Point New York 10996Department of Defense(845) 938-4034
- Northern Westchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.48 miles away400 East Main Street Mount Kisco New York 10549Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 666-1200
- Hackensack Meridian Health Pascack Valley MedicalAcute Care Hospitals 16.18 miles away250 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Proprietary(201) 383-1035
- Friedwald Center for Dialysis5.1 miles away475 New Hempstead Road New City New York 10956Dialysis Stations: 9 (845) 678-2000
- Freedom Center of Rockland County, LLC7.19 miles away131 Route 303 Valley Cottage New York 10989CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (845) 268-2777
- Davita Peekskill Cortlandt Dialysis Center7.81 miles away2050 East Main Street Suite 15 Cortlandt Manor New York 10567Dialysis Stations: 19 (914) 788-9326
- Rockland County Dialysis8.24 miles away203 West Route 59 Nanuet New York 10954Dialysis Stations: 20 (845) 501-7590
- Yorktown Akc10.29 miles away2649 Strang Boulevard Dialysis Clinics, Inc Yorktown Heights New York 10598CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (914) 962-4005
- Freedom Center of Rockland County, LLC11.15 miles away30 Route 59 Suffern New York 10901CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (845) 357-0452
- Davita Hudson Valley Dialysis Center12.25 miles away155 White Plains Road Suite 107 Tarrytown New York 10591CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (914) 332-7599
- Dialysis Clinic Inc, Bradhurst13.28 miles away19 Bradhurst Avenue Hawthorne New York 10532CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (914) 592-4366