With an address in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania, Allied Services Wilkes-Barre Transitional Rehab Unit is one of eight available facilities there. It looks like this nursing home is ranked among the best facilities we found. In fact, it received our most impressive rating. This is really as good of a place as you'll find. As you can see below, this nursing home performed just as well in our category grades. We gave it a straight A report card!
Allied Services Wilkes-Barre Transitional Rehab Unit
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
150 Mundy Street,
Wilkes Barre PA 18702
51.81% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ short-term care grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Our short-term care ratings are based in part on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a vast range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 7.1 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Adding to an already impressive profile, this facility also received virtually flawless health inspections in recent years. As a result, we awarded it an A+ inspection grade. Our inspection grades are based on many datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspections. Places that excel in this category typically have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Allied Services Wilkes-Barre Transitional Rehab Unit?
This nursing home also received an A+ for its nursing grade. In determining a nursing home's nursing grade, we consider the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the level of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home averages 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by having a system of moving a patient even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our fourth category, this nursing home was awarded a highly favorable long-term care score. We gave it a grade of A in that category, rounding out a straight A profile. For prospective residents looking for a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are an important measure. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination statistics. We weren't able to find information on vaccination rates. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Allied Services Wilkes-Barre Transitional Rehab Unit Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Allied Services Wilkes-Barre Transitional Rehab Unit, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Allied Services Wilkes-Barre Transitional Rehab Unit, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's typically correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Wilkes Barre, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania has 7 other nursing homes
- Wilkes-Barre General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.19 miles away575 North River Street Wilkes Barre Pennsylvania 18764Voluntary non-profit - Private(570) 829-8111
- Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.39 miles away1000 East Mountain Boulevard Wilkes Barre Pennsylvania 18711Voluntary non-profit - Private(570) 826-7300
- Geisinger-Community Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.42 miles away1822 Mulberry Street Scranton Pennsylvania 18510Voluntary non-profit - Private(570) 969-8240
- Moses Taylor HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.75 miles away700 Quincy Avenue Scranton Pennsylvania 18510Proprietary(570) 340-2100
- Regional Hospital of ScrantonAcute Care Hospitals 15.75 miles away746 Jefferson Avenue Scranton Pennsylvania 18501Proprietary(570) 348-7100
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Wilkes Barre1.62 miles away307 Laird Street, Suite 1 Wilkes Barre Pennsylvania 18702CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (570) 825-9531
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.1.62 miles away309 Laird Street Wilkes Barre Pennsylvania 18702Dialysis Stations: 4 (570) 822-1280
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Pittston7.29 miles away455 North Main Street Pittston Pennsylvania 18640Dialysis Stations: 13 (570) 655-4115
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Nanticoke8.74 miles away450 West Main Street Nanticoke Pennsylvania 18634Dialysis Stations: 13 (570) 740-4820
- Old Forge Dialysis10.68 miles away325 South Main Street Old Forge Pennsylvania 18518Dialysis Stations: 12 (570) 457-3174
- Commonwealth Dialysis14.41 miles away920 S. Washington Avenue Scranton Pennsylvania 18505Dialysis Stations: 13 (570) 344-5267
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc14.69 miles away321 Meridian Avenue Scranton Pennsylvania 18504Dialysis Stations: 13 (570) 340-1648
- Dunmore Dialysis16.87 miles away1212 Oneal Highway Scranton Pennsylvania 18512CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (570) 558-0190