Hebrew Home of Greater Washington is one of eight nursing homes in Rockville, Maryland. Sporting an overall rating of A-, this nursing home is ranked among the better nursing homes we looked at. Indeed, we were so impressed with this facility that we rated it as one of the three highest graded nursing homes in Rockville. We also gave this facility strong scores in all four of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Hebrew Home of Greater Washington
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Maryland Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Rockville, Maryland Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Maryland Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Maryland Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also want to emphasize that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our short-term care category. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we analyze the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. This rating is more often than not a solid measure of a facility's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Arguably the most important factor we look at in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Facilities with better grades in this category typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This means the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few relatively minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Does this page answer your questions about Hebrew Home of Greater Washington?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. There are a variety of criteria within this area. Many of the subcategories are tied to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final category we rated, this facility was awarded a very strong grade of B+ in our long-term care category. With this grade, the facility finished off an elite profile. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. On top of considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 98.44771 percent of its residents, which is much higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hebrew Home of Greater Washington Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hebrew Home of Greater Washington, 10.24% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hebrew Home of Greater Washington, 2.73% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hebrew Home of Greater Washington, 2.07% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hebrew Home of Greater Washington, 13.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hebrew Home of Greater Washington, 14.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term stay residents which are prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hebrew Home of Greater Washington, 10.18% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are exhibiting signs of depression. High levels of depression could be a sign a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hebrew Home of Greater Washington, 92.14% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hebrew Home of Greater Washington, 19.83% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hebrew Home of Greater Washington, 28.37% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Hebrew Home of Greater Washington, 1.1 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hebrew Home of Greater Washington, 28.37 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hebrew Home of Greater Washington, 8.93 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hebrew Home of Greater Washington, 74.3% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Rockville, MD
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Rockville, Maryland has 7 other nursing homes
- Suburban HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.92 miles away8600 Old Georgetown Road Bethesda Maryland 20814Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 896-2576
- Walter Reed National Military Med CenAcute Care - Department of Defense 3.94 miles away8901 Rockville Pike Bethesda Maryland 20889Department of Defense(301) 295-4000
- Adventist Healthcare Shady Grove Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.17 miles away9901 Medical Center Drive Rockville Maryland 20850Voluntary non-profit - Private(240) 826-6527
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.33 miles away1500 Forest Glen Road Silver Spring Maryland 20910Voluntary non-profit - Church(301) 754-7000
- Medstar Montgomery Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.93 miles away18101 Prince Philip Drive Olney Maryland 20832Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 774-8882
- Sibley Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.16 miles away5255 Loughboro Rd Nw Washington District of Columbia 20016Voluntary non-profit - Other(202) 537-4680
- Adventist Healthcare White Oak Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.78 miles away12100 Plum Orchard Drive Silver Spring Maryland 20904Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 891-5651
- Medstar Georgetown University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.04 miles away3800 Reservoir Rd Washington District of Columbia 20007Voluntary non-profit - Private(202) 784-3000
- Us Renal Care - Rockville0.2 miles away11800 a Nebel St Rockville Maryland 20852Dialysis Stations: 12 (301) 468-3221
- Bma - Bethesda2.05 miles away6420 Rockledge Dr Ste 1100 Bethesda Maryland 20817Dialysis Stations: 18 (301) 652-2554
- Brownwood Dialysis LLC3.01 miles away5544 Norbeck Rd Rockville Maryland 20853CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (301) 460-2090
- Advanced Dialysis Center - Rockville3.75 miles away299 Hurley Ave Rockville Maryland 20850Dialysis Stations: 9 (301) 838-9119
- Bma - Wheaton4.11 miles away10901b Georgia Avenue Silver Spring Maryland 20902Dialysis Stations: 14 (301) 933-1307
- Renal Treatment Center - Wheaton4.49 miles awayWheaton Park Shopping Ctr 11941 Georgia Ave Silver Spring Maryland 20902CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (301) 949-9620
- Davita - Rockville5.31 miles away15204 Omega Drive Suite 110 Rockville Maryland 20850CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (301) 947-2427
- Holy Cross Hospital5.55 miles awayRenal Dialysis Unit 1500 Forest Glen Rd Silver Spring Maryland 20910Dialysis Stations: 14 (301) 754-7560