Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti is one of 16 options in Toledo, Ohio. This nursing home received an overall grade of F. In our view, you'd be better off to steer clear of this place. If you aren't deterred by this place's profile, you can continue reading to learn more about its category grades. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this nursing home incredibly poorly overall, it actually earned a relatively impressive inspection report this year. As a result, it earned one of our better scores in that area with a B. Inspection grades account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. You should avoid nursing homes with a list of deficiencies flagged. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to point out this facility's bottom of the barrel short-term care score where it received an F. In the area of short-term care, we try to evaluate measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. With its score in this area, we were not stunned to learn that this place was well below average in terms of its number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the metrics we looked at. Honestly, this was what we expected here. The last statistic we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 5.2 percent of its residents returning home. Unfortunately, this was quite a bit below the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti?
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, we gave this facility a rock-bottom F in the area of long-term care. For residents looking for a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are very important. On top of considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 94.7644 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Switching gears to the final area, this facility did not perform very well here either. With a rock bottom grade of F in nursing, this is really as as uninspiring as it gets. Our nursing score assesses quite a few components, many of which are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This place averaged a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This nursing home fared well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients which have new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percent of long-term care patients who had a fall which resulted in serious injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of long-term residents who have experienced urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indicator of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint can also be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti, 20% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti, 90.19% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and continence. Many believe that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Toledo, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Toledo, Ohio has 15 other nursing homes
- University of Toledo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.7 miles away3000 Arlington Avenue Toledo Ohio 43699Government - State(419) 383-4848
- St Luke's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.94 miles away5901 Monclova Road Maumee Ohio 43537Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 893-5900
- Northwest Ohio Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 3.46 miles away930 South Detroit Avenue Toledo Ohio 43614Government - State(419) 381-1881
- Toledo Hospital TheAcute Care Hospitals 6.06 miles away2142 North Cove Boulevard Toledo Ohio 43606Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 291-7463
- Mercy St Anne HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.83 miles away3404 Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 407-2663
- Mercy Health St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.73 miles away2213 Cherry Street Toledo Ohio 43608Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 251-3232
- Bay Park Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.21 miles away2801 Bay Park Drive Oregon Ohio 43616Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 690-7700
- Wood County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.43 miles away950 West Wooster Street Bowling Green Ohio 43402Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 354-8900
- Fmc- Arrowhead Dialysis Center1.22 miles away322 W Dussel Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 24 (419) 891-2200
- Davita - Swan Creek Dialysis1.51 miles away5201 Airport Highway Toledo Ohio 43615Dialysis Stations: 20 (419) 214-0540
- Usrc Maumee, LLC1.72 miles away1787 Indian Wood Circle, Suite B Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 887-0729
- Davita - Southland Dialysis1.96 miles away3401 Glendale Toledo Ohio 43614CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (419) 389-9681
- Total Renal Care, Inc.2.3 miles away4330 Keystone Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 12 (419) 887-0762
- Fresenius Medical Care Maumee Home LLC2.3 miles away6546 Weatherfield Ct Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 4 (419) 865-4554
- University of Toledo Medical Center2.51 miles away3000 Arlington Ave., Rm 0239 Toledo Ohio 43614Dialysis Stations: 6 (419) 383-4985
- Fmc - Perrysburg Dialysis3.7 miles away701 Commerce Drive Perrysburg Ohio 43551Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 874-3447