Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti is one of 16 options in Toledo, Ohio. This nursing home received an overall grade of F. In our view, you'd be better off to steer clear of this place. If you aren't deterred by this place's profile, you can continue reading to learn more about its category grades. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this nursing home incredibly poorly overall, it actually earned a relatively impressive inspection report this year. As a result, it earned one of our better scores in that area with a B. Inspection grades account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. You should avoid nursing homes with a list of deficiencies flagged. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's next highest score was short-term care, but even there it earned a grade of just D in that category. This ended up being a well below average grade. In the category of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze a facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Considering its grade in this category, we weren't stunned to find that this nursing home was well below average in terms of the number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the measures we looked at. Frankly, this was about what we expected here. The final measure we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who eventually returned home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 5.7 percent of its residents returning home. This was well below the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti?
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, we gave this facility a rock-bottom F in the area of long-term care. For patients seeking a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are an important measure. After looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination data. We were optimistic to learn that this nursing home vaccinated 95.187164 percent of its patients for pneumonia. To our surprise, this nursing home also keeps its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
The next area we rated is nursing. This nursing home received a poor grade of F in that area. There are numerous criteria included in this grade. Many of these data points reflect the quantity of nurse staffing. This place offered just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing grades. This place performed well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these metrics to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term stay residents who have sustained a fall resulting in severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percent of long-term residents which suffered from urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indication of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic can also be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients who are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some facilities need to rely on these medications due to having more patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti, 20.26% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who are showing depressive symptoms. Some experts would argue this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti, 90.12% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could indicate the deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti, 12 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Toledo, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Toledo, Ohio has 15 other nursing homes
- University of Toledo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.7 miles away3000 Arlington Avenue Toledo Ohio 43699Government - State(419) 383-4848
- St Luke's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.94 miles away5901 Monclova Road Maumee Ohio 43537Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 893-5900
- Northwest Ohio Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 3.46 miles away930 South Detroit Avenue Toledo Ohio 43614Government - State(419) 381-1881
- Toledo Hospital TheAcute Care Hospitals 6.06 miles away2142 North Cove Boulevard Toledo Ohio 43606Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 291-7463
- Mercy St Anne HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.83 miles away3404 Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 407-2663
- Mercy Health St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.73 miles away2213 Cherry Street Toledo Ohio 43608Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 251-3232
- Bay Park Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.21 miles away2801 Bay Park Drive Oregon Ohio 43616Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 690-7700
- Wood County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.43 miles away950 West Wooster Street Bowling Green Ohio 43402Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 354-8900
- Fmc- Arrowhead Dialysis Center1.22 miles away322 W Dussel Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 24 (419) 891-2200
- Davita - Swan Creek Dialysis1.51 miles away5201 Airport Highway Toledo Ohio 43615Dialysis Stations: 20 (419) 214-0540
- Usrc Maumee, LLC1.72 miles away1787 Indian Wood Circle, Suite B Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 887-0729
- Davita - Southland Dialysis1.96 miles away3401 Glendale Toledo Ohio 43614CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (419) 389-9681
- Total Renal Care, Inc.2.3 miles away4330 Keystone Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 12 (419) 887-0762
- Fresenius Medical Care Maumee Home LLC2.3 miles away6546 Weatherfield Ct Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 4 (419) 865-4554
- University of Toledo Medical Center2.51 miles away3000 Arlington Ave., Rm 0239 Toledo Ohio 43614Dialysis Stations: 6 (419) 383-4985
- Fmc - Perrysburg Dialysis3.7 miles away701 Commerce Drive Perrysburg Ohio 43551Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 874-3447