Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti is one of six nursing homes located in Toledo, Ohio. This nursing home received an overall grade of F. In our view, you'd be better off to steer clear of this place. If you aren't deterred by this place's profile, you can continue reading to learn more about its category grades. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Toledo senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this nursing home incredibly poorly overall, it actually earned a relatively impressive inspection report this year. As a result, it earned one of our better scores in that area with a B. Inspection grades account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. You should avoid nursing homes with a list of deficiencies flagged. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to point out this facility's bottom of the barrel long-term care score where it received an F. For residents seeking a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. After considering the quantity of nursing care, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. We were optimistic to discover that this nursing home vaccinates 95.26316 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Does this page answer your questions about Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti?
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at was short-term care. This nursing home's received a poor short-term care score where it received an F. Short-term care grades are commonly used to score a facility's rehabilitation services To have highly rated rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to have better levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. Given its score in this category, we were not stunned to learn that this place is well below average in terms of the number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the measures we assessed. The final item we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 5.7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these subpar statistics was damning for this nursing home's short-term care score.
Switching gears to our final area, this facility didn't perform very well here either. Due to an abysmal grade of F in nursing, this is really as bad as it gets. We scrutinized the licensure of nurses at the facility, as well as the number of hours those nurses worked with patients, in determining our score in this category. This place provided only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is well below average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing grades. This nursing home fared well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti, 5.88% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure measures the percent of long-term care patients who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti, 4.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who have had a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti, 0.53% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic measures the percent of long-term patients that suffered from UTI's. While more infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti, 12.57% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti, 13.69% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti, 13.17% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are showing depressive symptoms. Increased rates of depression could be a sign lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti, 97.63% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti, 17.83% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and eating. Some experts argue this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti, 17.21% of Residents
This is the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti, 17.21% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti, 8.61% of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Heatherdowns Rehab & Residenti, 85.75% of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some believe that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Toledo, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of F
- Nurse Rating has a grade of D
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of F
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Toledo, Ohio has 5 other nursing homes
- University of Toledo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.7 miles away3000 Arlington Avenue Toledo Ohio 43699Government - State(419) 383-4848
- St Luke's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.94 miles away5901 Monclova Road Maumee Ohio 43537Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 893-5900
- Northwest Ohio Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 3.46 miles away930 South Detroit Avenue Toledo Ohio 43614Government - State(419) 381-1881
- Toledo Hospital TheAcute Care Hospitals 6.06 miles away2142 North Cove Boulevard Toledo Ohio 43606Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 291-7463
- Mercy St Anne HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.83 miles away3404 Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 407-2663
- Mercy Health St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.73 miles away2213 Cherry Street Toledo Ohio 43608Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 251-3232
- Bay Park Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.21 miles away2801 Bay Park Drive Oregon Ohio 43616Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 690-7700
- Wood County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.43 miles away950 West Wooster Street Bowling Green Ohio 43402Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 354-8900
- Fmc- Arrowhead Dialysis Center1.22 miles away322 W Dussel Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 24 (419) 891-2200
- Davita - Swan Creek Dialysis1.51 miles away5201 Airport Highway Toledo Ohio 43615Dialysis Stations: 20 (419) 214-0540
- Usrc Maumee, LLC1.72 miles away1787 Indian Wood Circle, Suite B Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 887-0729
- Davita - Southland Dialysis1.96 miles away3401 Glendale Toledo Ohio 43614CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (419) 389-9681
- Total Renal Care, Inc.2.3 miles away4330 Keystone Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 12 (419) 887-0762
- Fresenius Medical Care Maumee Home LLC2.3 miles away6546 Weatherfield Ct Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 4 (419) 865-4554
- University of Toledo Medical Center2.51 miles away3000 Arlington Ave., Rm 0239 Toledo Ohio 43614Dialysis Stations: 6 (419) 383-4985
- Fmc - Perrysburg Dialysis3.7 miles away701 Commerce Drive Perrysburg Ohio 43551Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 874-3447