Heather Rehabilitation and Health Care Center is a facility in Harvey, Illinois. This city has a total of 29,594 people. Our grading scheme was not favorable to this facility, as we gave it an overall score of F. This place is about as bad as it gets. We would not blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Heather Rehabilitation and Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Harvey senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this place's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually didn't perform terribly in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B- for that category, which is one of our better scores. Our inspection grades account for several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home wound up receiving a an abysmal grade in our short-term care area. It received an F in this area. Short-term care scores are meaningful for prospective residents requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a broad scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Based on its grade in this area, we weren't surprised to discover that this nursing home is well below average in terms of the quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the measures we looked at. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Heather Rehabilitation and Health Care Center?
In addition, we gave this facility an F in the area of nursing care. Our nursing grade includes several factors, but the main consideration is the level of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing scores. This facility fared well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these datapoints to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we rated is long-term care. Sadly, it received a lowly F in this category, which is an abysmal score. In a long-term care environment, the facility's primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. One of the data points we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccinations. Fortunately, this facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 96.03025 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Heather Rehabilitation and Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Heather Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 8.95% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which suffer from pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Heather Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 1.32% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision. Additional nurse staffing can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Heather Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 0.19% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often linked to facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Closer supervision limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Heather Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 8.76% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used for treating a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Heather Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 10.62% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Heather Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 17.49% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression may be a sign lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Heather Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 79.97% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Heather Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 3.93% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating. Some believe that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Heather Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 3.32% of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Heather Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 3.32% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Heather Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 14.32% of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Heather Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 93.01% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living usually correlates with better rehabilitation services.
- Ingalls Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.13 miles away1 Ingalls Drive Harvey Illinois 60426Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 333-2300
- Advocate South Suburban HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.2 miles away17800 S Kedzie Ave Hazel Crest Illinois 60429Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 799-8000
- Roseland Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.29 miles away45 W 111th Street Chicago Illinois 60628Voluntary non-profit - Other(773) 995-3000
- Franciscan Health HammondAcute Care Hospitals 7.24 miles away5454 Hohman Ave Hammond Indiana 46320Voluntary non-profit - Church(219) 932-2300
- Little Company of Mary HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.08 miles away2800 W 95th St Evergreen Park Illinois 60805Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 422-6200
- Advocate Christ Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.67 miles away4440 W 95th Street Oak Lawn Illinois 60453Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 684-8000
- Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.93 miles away901 Macarthur Blvd Munster Indiana 46321Voluntary non-profit - Private(219) 836-1600
- Palos Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.02 miles away12251 South 80th Avenue Palos Heights Illinois 60463Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 923-4000
- Beverly Dialysis1.3 miles away8109 South Western Ave Chicago Illinois 60620CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 778-0173
- Davita - Harvey Dialysis1.39 miles away16641 S. Halsted St., Ste A Harvey Illinois 60426Dialysis Stations: 18 (708) 210-9500
- Davita - South Holland2.2 miles away16110 Lasalle Street South Holland Illinois 60473CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (708) 331-7697
- Fresenius Medical Care Chicagoland, LLC2.93 miles away17524 Carriage Way Hazel Crest Illinois 60429Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 798-2899
- Davita - Hazelcrest3.91 miles away3470 W 183rd St Hazel Crest Illinois 60429CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (708) 799-3101
- Davita - Country Club Hills4.01 miles away4215 W 167th Street Country Club Hills Illinois 60478CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (708) 206-1845
- Fmc - Crestwood4.6 miles away4815 Midlothian Turnpike Midlothian Illinois 60445CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (708) 293-1665
- Concerto Dialysis4.61 miles away14255 S Cicero Ave Midlothian Illinois 60445Dialysis Stations: 9 (847) 233-1200