Heather Rehabilitation and Health Care Center is a facility in Harvey, Illinois. This city has a total of 29,594 people. Our grading scheme was not favorable to this facility, as we gave it an overall score of F. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Harvey. If you aren't deterred by this place's report card, you can continue reading to find out about its category grades. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Heather Rehabilitation and Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While this place's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually performed well in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B+ for that area, which is one of our better scores. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home wound up receiving a rock-bottom grade in our long-term care area. It received an F in this area. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary objective is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Thankfully, this nursing home vaccinated 96.10656 percent of its patients, which is a very respectable total. To our surprise, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. Sadly, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Does this page answer your questions about Heather Rehabilitation and Health Care Center?
This facility ended up receiving rock bottom score in our nursing category. It received an F in this category. Nursing scores are based largely on nurse staffing levels. This nursing home averaged only 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is an alarmingly low total. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This place performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these metrics to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed was short-term care. This facility was given a very poor grade of F in this category. Short-term care grades are commonly used to assess a facility's rehabilitation services. To have good rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must offer higher levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other types of therapists. Considering its weak grade in this area, we were not stunned to learn that this nursing home offers substantially fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most nursing homes. The final item we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 3.8 percent of its residents returning home. Unfortunately, this was quite a bit below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Heather Rehabilitation and Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Heather Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Heather Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term care residents which suffered falls which caused major injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Heather Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this metric can be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Heather Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are used for treating several medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Heather Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Heather Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 29.8% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Some experts would argue that this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Heather Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 87.49% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Heather Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath. Many in the industry believe that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Heather Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who were able to retain mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Heather Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Heather Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements.
- Ingalls Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.13 miles away1 Ingalls Drive Harvey Illinois 60426Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 333-2300
- Advocate South Suburban HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.2 miles away17800 S Kedzie Ave Hazel Crest Illinois 60429Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 799-8000
- Roseland Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.29 miles away45 W 111th Street Chicago Illinois 60628Voluntary non-profit - Other(773) 995-3000
- Franciscan Health HammondAcute Care Hospitals 7.24 miles away5454 Hohman Ave Hammond Indiana 46320Voluntary non-profit - Church(219) 932-2300
- Little Company of Mary HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.08 miles away2800 W 95th St Evergreen Park Illinois 60805Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 422-6200
- Advocate Christ Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.67 miles away4440 W 95th Street Oak Lawn Illinois 60453Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 684-8000
- Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.93 miles away901 Macarthur Blvd Munster Indiana 46321Voluntary non-profit - Private(219) 836-1600
- Palos Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.02 miles away12251 South 80th Avenue Palos Heights Illinois 60463Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 923-4000
- Beverly Dialysis1.3 miles away8109 South Western Ave Chicago Illinois 60620CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 778-0173
- Davita - Harvey Dialysis1.39 miles away16641 S. Halsted St., Ste A Harvey Illinois 60426Dialysis Stations: 18 (708) 210-9500
- Davita - South Holland2.2 miles away16110 Lasalle Street South Holland Illinois 60473CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (708) 331-7697
- Fresenius Medical Care Chicagoland, LLC2.93 miles away17524 Carriage Way Hazel Crest Illinois 60429Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 798-2899
- Davita - Hazelcrest3.91 miles away3470 W 183rd St Hazel Crest Illinois 60429CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (708) 799-3101
- Davita - Country Club Hills4.01 miles away4215 W 167th Street Country Club Hills Illinois 60478CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (708) 206-1845
- Fmc - Crestwood4.6 miles away4815 Midlothian Turnpike Midlothian Illinois 60445CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (708) 293-1665
- Concerto Dialysis4.61 miles away14255 S Cicero Ave Midlothian Illinois 60445Dialysis Stations: 9 (847) 233-1200