With an address in Vallejo, California, Heartwood Avenue Healthcare is one of just a few available nursing homes in this city. With an overall grade of A-, this nursing home is one of the more impressive nursing homes we assessed. Based on our ratings, this nursing home is simply as good as it gets. This facility was also given strong grades in each of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Heartwood Avenue Healthcare
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Vallejo senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it earned a very strong nursing score. This turned out to be its best category. In this category, we awarded this facility an A. Nursing scores are largely tied to a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Adding to this nursing home's impressive resume, we gave this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This means the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Heartwood Avenue Healthcare?
Long-term Care Quality
The third area we assessed is long-term care. This facility was given a very positive long-term care score, with a grade of B+ in the category. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure patients are kept in good health. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the average nursing home. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed was short-term care, in which this facility was given a B. Even though this wound up being its lowest category rating, this is still a strong grade. Our short-term care scores are probably more meaningful for patients in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing. This means not only nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Heartwood Avenue Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Heartwood Avenue Healthcare, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Heartwood Avenue Healthcare, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This measures the percentage of long-term residents who had falls resulting in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Heartwood Avenue Healthcare, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often linked to lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Heartwood Avenue Healthcare, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Heartwood Avenue Healthcare, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Heartwood Avenue Healthcare, 5.83% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients showing symptoms of depression. Many believe this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Heartwood Avenue Healthcare, 95.65% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Heartwood Avenue Healthcare, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and taking a bath. Many in the industry believe that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Heartwood Avenue Healthcare, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that remained mobile levels. Some believe that the ability to move around is vital to residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Heartwood Avenue Healthcare, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Heartwood Avenue Healthcare, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Heartwood Avenue Healthcare, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Heartwood Avenue Healthcare, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements.
- Sutter Solano Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.31 miles away300 Hospital Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 554-5280
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital and Rehab CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.56 miles away975 Sereno Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 651-1000
- Contra Costa Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.21 miles away2500 Alhambra Avenue Martinez California 94553Government - Local(925) 370-5000
- John Muir Behavioral Health CenterPsychiatric 12.67 miles away2740 Grant Street Concord California 94524Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 674-4101
- John Muir Medical Center - Concord CampusAcute Care Hospitals 12.95 miles away2540 East St Concord California 94520Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 682-8200
- Northbay Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.82 miles away1200 B Gale Wilson Blvd Fairfield California 94533Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 646-5000
- Queen of the Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.94 miles away1000 Trancas St Napa California 94558Voluntary non-profit - Church(707) 252-4411
- John Muir Medical Center - Walnut Creek CampusAcute Care Hospitals 16.3 miles away1601 Ygnacio Valley Rd Walnut Creek California 94598Voluntary non-profit - Other(925) 939-3000
- Carquinez Dialysis Center2.14 miles away125 Corporate Place Suite C Vallejo California 94590CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (707) 556-3637
- Vallejo Dialysis Center2.66 miles away830 Redwood Street Vallejo California 94590CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (707) 642-2017
- Wellbound of Vallejo2.92 miles away480 Redwood Street Suite 40 Vallejo California 94590Dialysis Stations: 4 (707) 556-3070
- Satellite Dialysis Vallejo2.98 miles away4300 Sonoma Blvd, Suite 25 Vallejo California 94589CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (707) 561-7150
- Benicia Dialysis Center4.94 miles away560 First Street Bldg d103 Benicia California 94510CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (707) 745-1488
- Fairfield Dialysis Center8.97 miles away4660 Central Way Fairfield California 94534CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (707) 863-7369
- Davita El Sobrante10.72 miles away3380 San Pablo Dam Rd Ste. C-D El Sobrante California 94803CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (510) 262-9230
- Concord Dialysis Center11.21 miles away2300 Stanwell Drive Suite C Concord California 94520CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (925) 677-7492