Heartland Rehabilitation and Care Center is in Benton, Arkansas. Sporting an overall rating of C, this is likely a decent nursing home. Based on our assessment, there are certainly much worse nursing homes out there. One of the highlights of this nursing home's profile is its impressive short-term care rating, which you can find in the next section.
Heartland Rehabilitation and Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We would like to note that this facility's short-term care rating outpaced its overall grade. This nursing home received a grade of B+ in this area, which is a very solid score. In calculating our short-term care grades, we analyze the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other types of therapists. This rating is frequently a fair assessment of a facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. It does not look like this facility submitted data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final statistic we considered in this category is the percentage of residents that returned home from the nursing home. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing score. Nursing proved to be its second best category grade. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of B. Nursing scores are primarily based on a facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Heartland Rehabilitation and Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a decent score in the area of long-term care, where we gave it a grade of B-. Long-term care grades are generally used to gauge a nursing home's performance as a traditional convalescent home, as opposed to focusing more on the skilled nursing services offered by a skilled nursing facility. After we finished assessing the amount of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. We were optimistic to discover that this nursing home vaccinates 96.031746 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
The last category we assessed is inspections. This nursing home did not receive favorable government inspections in recent years. We gave it an F in this category. This dragged down this facility's overall score quite a bit. For facilities with poor inspection grades, you should really focus on any severe deficiencies found on their inspection reports. Amazingly, this particular nursing didn't have any deficiencies on its inspection report. Clearly, this was not the area dragging down its inspection grade. Finally, this facility also received 6 substantiated complaints in recent years. This is yet another bad sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Heartland Rehabilitation and Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Heartland Rehabilitation and Care Center, 8.46% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Heartland Rehabilitation and Care Center, 3.98% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Heartland Rehabilitation and Care Center, 2.34% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Heartland Rehabilitation and Care Center, 12.35% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Heartland Rehabilitation and Care Center, 21.53% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Heartland Rehabilitation and Care Center, 2.09% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Heartland Rehabilitation and Care Center, 95.41% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Heartland Rehabilitation and Care Center, 12.37% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and taking a bath. Some argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Heartland Rehabilitation and Care Center, 14.1% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that remained mobile levels.
In Heartland Rehabilitation and Care Center, 1.79 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Heartland Rehabilitation and Care Center, 14.1 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Heartland Rehabilitation and Care Center, 12.92 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Heartland Rehabilitation and Care Center, 77.59% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living usually correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Benton, AR
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Benton, Arkansas has 3 other nursing homes
- Saline Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.57 miles away#1 Medical Park Drive Benton Arkansas 72015Proprietary(501) 776-6000
- Arkansas Heart Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 13.23 miles away1701 S Shackleford Road Little Rock Arkansas 72211Proprietary(501) 219-7000
- Uams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.9 miles away4301 West Markham Street Mail Slot 612 Little Rock Arkansas 72205Government - State(501) 686-5000
- Arkansas Children's HospitalChildrens 17.87 miles away1 Children's Way, Slot 301 Little Rock Arkansas 72202Voluntary non-profit - Private(501) 364-1100
- Arkansas Surgical HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.24 miles away5201 North Shore Drive North Little Rock Arkansas 72118Proprietary(501) 748-8000
- Bridgeway Inc, ThePsychiatric 19.15 miles away21 Bridgeway Road Maumelle Arkansas 72113Proprietary(501) 771-1500
- Fmcna - Benton1.57 miles away2101 Congo Rd Benton Arkansas 72015Dialysis Stations: 16 (501) 776-1418
- Davita - Saline County Dialysis3.12 miles awayGround Level-1200 N Main Ste 2 Benton Arkansas 72015Dialysis Stations: 12 (501) 776-1816
- Davita - South Little Rock12.69 miles away6115 Baseline Rd Little Rock Arkansas 72209CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (501) 570-0543
- Dci - Little Rock Renal Services LLC13.94 miles away1910 John Barrow Rd Little Rock Arkansas 72204Dialysis Stations: 18 (501) 227-0983
- Westside Dialysis Unit LLC14.08 miles away1515 Kanis Park Dr Little Rock Arkansas 72204Dialysis Stations: 16 (501) 379-9208
- Davita - Little Rock Midtown Dialysis14.23 miles away#2 Lile Ct Ste 102 Little Rock Arkansas 72205CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (501) 221-3123
- Arkansas Staff Assisted Hemodialysis Clinic14.52 miles away9421 West Markham Suite B Little Rock Arkansas 72205Dialysis Stations: 4 (501) 217-3888
- Davita - Little Rock Dialysis14.98 miles away6 Freeway Drive Suite 100 Little Rock Arkansas 72204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (501) 664-6754