ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Zephyrhills) is a nursing home located in Zephyrhills, Florida. This city has a population of 49,335 people. With an overall score of B, this facility is a fine choice. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Zephyrhills. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's profile is its impressive short-term care grade, which is addressed in the next section.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Zephyrhills)
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Best Nursing Home in Zephyrhills, Florida Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Zephyrhills, Florida Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Zephyrhills, Florida Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we gave this facility an impressive grade of A for our short-term care grade. In the category of short-term care, we attempt to assess indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.4 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Another strong feature for this nursing home was inspections, where it received a B in that category. It outperformed most facilities in this category. Our inspection grades are tied to several items found on the a nursing home's government inspections. Places that receive favorable grades in this category have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This nursing home was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered severe. This tells you that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to patient safety or health. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Zephyrhills)?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B. Our nursing score is based on many subcategories. The most important one is the number of hours nurses spend with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's weakest area is long-term care, which is the last category we scored. In this category, we awarded this nursing home an D. For patients seeking a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. Once we finished looking at the amount of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. We were pleased to find that this facility vaccinates 94.53781 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this place also keeps its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Zephyrhills) Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Zephyrhills), 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Zephyrhills), 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who have experienced a fall which caused serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Zephyrhills), 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Zephyrhills), 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for a variety of medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Zephyrhills), 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term residents which were administered antianxiety medication. These medications are given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Zephyrhills), 2.33% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Zephyrhills), 94.94% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Zephyrhills), 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of the decline of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Zephyrhills), 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Zephyrhills), 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Zephyrhills), 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Zephyrhills), 9.16 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Zephyrhills), 78.49% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some argue this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Adventhealth ZephyrhillsAcute Care Hospitals 0.9 miles away7050 Gall Blvd Zephyrhills Florida 33541Voluntary non-profit - Church(813) 788-0411
- Adventhealth Dade CityAcute Care Hospitals 6.94 miles away13100 Ft King Rd Dade City Florida 33525Proprietary(352) 568-3174
- North Tampa Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 9.27 miles away29910 Sr 56 Wesley Chapel Florida 33543Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 333-0000
- Adventhealth Wesley ChapelAcute Care Hospitals 11.14 miles away2600 Bruce B Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel Florida 33544Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 929-5490
- South Florida Baptist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.09 miles away301 N Alexander St Plant City Florida 33563Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 757-1200
- Lakeland Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.85 miles away1324 Lakeland Hills Blvd Lakeland Florida 33805Voluntary non-profit - Private(863) 687-1100
- Adventhealth TampaAcute Care Hospitals 19.51 miles away3100 E Fletcher Ave Tampa Florida 33613Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 615-7200
- Zephyrhills Dialysis1.32 miles away36819 Eiland Blvd Unit 2 Zephyrhills Florida 33542CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (813) 788-7041
- Wesley Chapel Dialysis11.52 miles away27401 Cashford Circle #102 Wesley Chapel Florida 33544Dialysis Stations: 6 (813) 973-0153
- Land O Lakes Dialysis15.38 miles away2100 via Bella Blvd Suite# 104 Land O Lakes Florida 34639CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 948-8157
- Plant City Dialysis16.18 miles away1211 W Reynolds St Ste 1 Plant City Florida 33563CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (813) 752-2136
- Lake Vista Dialysis17.21 miles away3187 Us Hwy 98 N Lakeland Florida 33805CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (863) 603-2130
- Renal Care Group - North Tampa17.43 miles away12674 Telecom Drive Tampa Florida 33637Dialysis Stations: 24 (813) 971-7580
- Lakeland Dialysis18.43 miles away515 E. Bella Vista St. Lakeland Florida 33805Dialysis Stations: 16 (863) 688-5463
- Fresenius Kidney Care Lakeland18.56 miles away1550 Lakeland Hills Blvd Lakeland Florida 33805CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (863) 680-1046