Heartland of Woodridge is an average-sized nursing home located in Fairfield, Ohio. We gave this nursing home an F, which is really a rock-bottom score in our grading scheme. If you are not happy with this facility's poor overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Fairfield. The city has just one other nursing home. We would not blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, we will discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Heartland of Woodridge
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Fairfield senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a grade of C for our inspections rating. In fact, the facility received very impressive inspection report this year. We believe that one of the most critical factors in assessing an inspection report is deficiencies. We especially look at the severity of the deficiencies. This place was hit with 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were in categories G through L. This indicates that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies to create an imminent risk to resident safety or health. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of F. There are many factors included in this grade. Most of these criteria relate to staffing levels. This place averaged just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is not a very impressive figure. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing ratings. This facility performed well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these datapoints to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Heartland of Woodridge?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we graded was short-term care. This nursing home's was given an unfortunate short-term care grade where it received an F. In crafting these short-term care scores, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our purpose is to devise a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. With a grade of this caliber for this area, we weren't stunned to find this nursing home was well below average in many staffing areas we looked at. The nursing home provided significantly fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most nursing homes. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who returned home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 3.6 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we rated is long-term care. We gave it an F in this category, which is a very poor grade. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in this category may not provide the type of consistent around the clock care that some other nursing homes provide. One of the statistics we considered after nursing hours was vaccinations. We were a bit worried that this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to a relatively low 55.844154 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this facility actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Heartland of Woodridge Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Heartland of Woodridge, 10.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term stay patients that suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Heartland of Woodridge, 2.6% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term care residents who suffered falls leading to severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Heartland of Woodridge, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Heartland of Woodridge, 7.39% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Heartland of Woodridge, 17.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percent of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Heartland of Woodridge, 53.85% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Heartland of Woodridge, 67.27% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Heartland of Woodridge, 9.09% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Heartland of Woodridge, 7.77% of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Heartland of Woodridge, 7.77% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Heartland of Woodridge, 17.07% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Heartland of Woodridge, 71.81% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts believe this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Mercy Health - Fairfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.17 miles away3000 Mack Road Fairfield Ohio 45014Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 870-7197
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 7.15 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- West Chester Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 7.85 miles away7700 University Drive West Chester Ohio 45069Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 298-7700
- Fort Hamilton Hughes Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.46 miles away630 Eaton Avenue Hamilton Ohio 45013Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 867-2000
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 9.03 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- Mercy Health - West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.23 miles away3300 Mercy Health Blvd Cincinnati Ohio 45211Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 215-5000
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 11.53 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.63 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- Davita - Forest Fair1.65 miles away1145 Kemper Meadow Drive 45240 Cincinnati Ohio 45231CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 674-1691
- Dci - Forest Park1.8 miles away1075 Kemper Meadow Dr Cincinnati Ohio 45240Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 522-6200
- Fmc- Liberty Forest Fair LLC1.86 miles away1198 West Kemper Road Cincinnati Ohio 45240Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 648-9175
- Davita - Fairfield Dialysis3.51 miles away1210 Hicks Blvd Fairfield Ohio 45014Dialysis Stations: 14 (513) 939-1110
- Fmc - Butler County LLC3.57 miles away4750 Dixie Hwy Fairfield Ohio 45014CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (513) 863-6882
- Davita - Ross Dialysis3.99 miles awayOne Lane Place 3825 Kraus Land Suite S Fairfield Ohio 45014Dialysis Stations: 13 (513) 738-0276
- Davita Affinity Place Dialysis4.75 miles away7700 Affinity Place Cincinnati Ohio 45231Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 521-0981
- Dca of Cincinnati5.65 miles away7600 Affinity Place Cincinnati Ohio 45231Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 931-7900