ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Willoughby is located in Willoughby, Ohio. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of B-. A score of this caliber requires some respectable marks. In our view, this nursing home should be a solid choice for quite a few people. We were also pleased to discover that this nursing home was consistent in all four of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Willoughby
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Willoughby senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This facility's nursing grade was more impressive than its overall score. With a strong performance in this area, it earned one of our better scores in nursing with a B+. Nursing scores are primarily tied to the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
This facility also excelled in inspections, where it earned an B+. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Willoughby?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given an impressive short-term care grade. As a matter of fact, we gave them a grade of B in that category, which happens to be one of our more favorable scores. In determining these short-term care scores, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our purpose is to create a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients that returned home from this facility. We found that 4.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Our final category is long-term care, where we awarded this nursing home a C in this area. If you are looking for anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care ratings. One of the criteria we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccines. Fortunately, this facility administered the pneumonia vaccine to 98.113205 percent of its patients. This place was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Willoughby Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Willoughby, 3.9% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic measures the percent of long-term patients that suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Willoughby, 4.72% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who sustained a fall resulting in severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Willoughby, 0.95% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Willoughby, 7.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Willoughby, 10.7% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Willoughby, 0% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients who are showing signs of depression. Many in the industry argue this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Willoughby, 98.47% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Willoughby, 3.32% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and eating. Many would argue this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Willoughby, 11.36% of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who maintained mobility. Some experts argue that the ability to move around is vital to patients well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Willoughby, 11.36% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Willoughby, 12.75% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Willoughby, 78.42% of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living typically correlates with better rehabilitation.
- Uhhs Richmond Heights HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.25 miles away27100 Chardon Road Cleveland Ohio 44143Proprietary(440) 585-6170
- Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.79 miles away6780 Mayfield Road Cleveland Ohio 44124Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 312-4500
- Lake HealthAcute Care Hospitals 9.03 miles away7590 Auburn Road Painesville Ohio 44077Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 953-9600
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.12 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.19 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 13.19 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 13.93 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Uh Geauga Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.1 miles away13207 Ravenna Rd Chardon Ohio 44024Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 269-6000
- Fmc - Mentor Dialysis2.9 miles away8840 Tyler Blvd Mentor Ohio 44060Dialysis Stations: 17 (440) 974-3459
- Cdc Home Care Mentor2.9 miles away8900 Tyler Blvd Mentor Ohio 44060Dialysis Stations: 4 (440) 951-3602
- Community Dialysis Center2.9 miles away8900 Tyler Blvd Mentor Ohio 44060CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (440) 951-3602
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group Euclid5.32 miles away26450 Euclid Ave. Euclid Ohio 44132Dialysis Stations: 21 (216) 731-0513
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.5.78 miles away25301 Euclid Avenue Euclid Ohio 44117CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (216) 732-3750
- Community Dialysis Center9.05 miles away1233 Mentor Avenue Painesville Ohio 44077Dialysis Stations: 15 (440) 357-9262
- Davita - Auburn Road Dialysis9.11 miles away7611 Auburn Road Painesville Ohio 44077Dialysis Stations: 13 (440) 357-2927
- Community Dialysis Center9.93 miles away27350 Cedar Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 12 (216) 378-1580