ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Westerville is a facility in Westerville, Ohio. This city has 85,937 people. This facility was given a somewhat concerning overall grade of D, which is a relatively poor score. If you are not satisfied with this facility's low overall grade, you may find you have slim pickings in Westerville. The city has just two other nursing homes. The only positive thing we can really say about this nursing home is that it didn't receive any F's in in any of the major categories. More information about these categories is available below.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Westerville
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
While we did not have many favorable things to say about this facility's overall grade, it did receive a respectable nursing grade of B-. Our nursing score assesses the facility's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of skill of those nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is a much lower figure than we were hoping for. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics. Although this place got dinged a bit for nursing hours, it actually excelled in some of these quality metrics. With fewer than five percent of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, it fared very well in this statistic. This can be a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a policy of moving residents even once per day.
We awarded this nursing home a grade of C for our inspections rating. This score is more respectable than the facility's overall grade. We believe that one of the most important factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. In this regard, we especially focus on the severity of those deficiencies. This nursing home had 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were category G through L deficiencies. This tells you inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to present an imminent risk to resident safety or health. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Westerville?
Short-term Care Quality
The next highest category we gave this nursing home in any area came in the area of short-term care, where we gave it a C. Our short-term care grades are based on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a wide range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. Unfortunately, this nursing home was below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the measures we assessed. The last statistic we considered in this category is the number of residents that eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 5 percent of this facility's patients returned home. This figure was below the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's least impressive category is long-term care, which is the final area we looked at. In this category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of just D. For residents in need of a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are a key measure. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 95.8159 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this nursing home also keeps its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Westerville Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Westerville, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percent of long-term patients who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Westerville, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term residents that experienced a fall leading to severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Westerville, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Westerville, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term patients which are prescribed antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely more on these medications due to having more residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Westerville, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. These medications are typically given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Westerville, 20.26% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients demonstrating signs of depression. Many in the industry believe that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Westerville, 90.12% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Westerville, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Westerville, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients that were able to retain mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Westerville, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Westerville, 12 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Westerville, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many believe this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Mount Carmel St Ann'sAcute Care Hospitals 1.75 miles away500 South Cleveland Avenue Westerville Ohio 43081Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 898-4000
- Riverside Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.77 miles away3535 Olentangy River Rd Columbus Ohio 43214Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 566-5000
- Ohio State University HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 9.21 miles away410 West 10th Avenue Columbus Ohio 43210Government - State(614) 293-9700
- Grant Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.63 miles away111 South Grant Avenue Columbus Ohio 43215Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 566-9000
- Nationwide Children's HospitalChildrens 10.99 miles away700 Children's Drive Columbus Ohio 43205Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 722-2000
- Mount Carmel WestAcute Care Hospitals 11.5 miles away793 West State Street Columbus Ohio 43222Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 234-5000
- Twin Valley Behavioral HealthcarePsychiatric 12.69 miles away2200 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43223Government - Local(614) 752-0333
- Dublin Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.86 miles away7500 Hospital Avenue Dublin Ohio 43016Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 544-8000
- Davita - Parkside Dialysis1.65 miles away241 W. Schrock Road Westerville Ohio 43081Dialysis Stations: 18 (614) 882-1734
- Fmc- Westerville Dialysis1.66 miles away477 Cooper Road Suite 140 Westerville Ohio 43081Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 895-2705
- Kidney Center of Columbus North3.27 miles away5700 Karl Road Columbus Ohio 43229Dialysis Stations: 7 (614) 846-9722
- Davita Minerva Park Dialysis3.59 miles away4401 Cleveland Avenue Columbus Ohio 43224Dialysis Stations: 17 (614) 478-9604
- Fmc - Central Ohio4.33 miles away4661 Karl Road Columbus Ohio 43229CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (614) 840-0012
- Fresenius Medical Care New Albany LLC5.11 miles away991 E. Johnstown Rd. Columbus Ohio 43230Dialysis Stations: 17 (614) 855-3677
- Total Renal Care, Inc.5.28 miles away6530 W. Campus Oval, Suite 100 New Albany Ohio 43054Dialysis Stations: 8 (614) 855-3445
- Davita - Columbus Dialysis6.84 miles away226 Graceland Blvd. - Suite 3-09a Columbus Ohio 43214CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (614) 985-1732