ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Westerville is a facility in Westerville, Ohio. This city has 85,937 people. This is a good nursing home with a B- overall grade. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Westerville. This place has some things going for it. The best part of this facility's report card is is its nursing rating. We discuss nursing in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Westerville
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Westerville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was decent, it really excelled in the area of nursing. We gave it an A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. In calculating our nursing scores, we weigh both staffing levels and the training levels of those nurses. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's higher category grades came in the area of short-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B. It actually performed better than most facilities in this category. In forming our short-term care grades, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to devise a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Westerville?
Turning to our inspection category, it appears this facility has received respectable inspections in recent years as well. We gave it a B- in this category. We would argue that one of the most critical factors in assessing an inspection report is deficiencies. We especially focus on the severity of the deficiencies. This place was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to be an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple relatively minor dings aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we rated is long-term care, which is this nursing home's least impressive category. We gave this facility a grade of D in this category. Sadly, this grade hurt the facility's overall profile to a certain degree. For residents seeking a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are very important. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 96.734695 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Westerville Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Westerville, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients which have new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an barometer of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Westerville, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric tells you the percent of long-term patients who sustained falls leading to serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Westerville, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely linked to facilities with worst hygiene practices. Additional nurse staffing limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Westerville, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used to treat a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Westerville, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term care residents who are prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are prescribed to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Westerville, 21.39% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Westerville, 88.91% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Westerville, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom. Many in the industry argue that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Westerville, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Westerville, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Westerville, 12.98 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Westerville, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements.
- Mount Carmel St Ann'sAcute Care Hospitals 1.75 miles away500 South Cleveland Avenue Westerville Ohio 43081Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 898-4000
- Riverside Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.77 miles away3535 Olentangy River Rd Columbus Ohio 43214Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 566-5000
- Ohio State University HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 9.21 miles away410 West 10th Avenue Columbus Ohio 43210Government - State(614) 293-9700
- Grant Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.63 miles away111 South Grant Avenue Columbus Ohio 43215Voluntary non-profit - Church(614) 566-9000
- Nationwide Children's HospitalChildrens 10.99 miles away700 Children's Drive Columbus Ohio 43205Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 722-2000
- Mount Carmel WestAcute Care Hospitals 11.5 miles away793 West State Street Columbus Ohio 43222Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 234-5000
- Twin Valley Behavioral HealthcarePsychiatric 12.69 miles away2200 West Broad Street Columbus Ohio 43223Government - Local(614) 752-0333
- Dublin Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.86 miles away7500 Hospital Avenue Dublin Ohio 43016Voluntary non-profit - Private(614) 544-8000
- Davita - Parkside Dialysis1.65 miles away241 W. Schrock Road Westerville Ohio 43081Dialysis Stations: 18 (614) 882-1734
- Fmc- Westerville Dialysis1.66 miles away477 Cooper Road Suite 140 Westerville Ohio 43081Dialysis Stations: 12 (614) 895-2705
- Kidney Center of Columbus North3.27 miles away5700 Karl Road Columbus Ohio 43229Dialysis Stations: 7 (614) 846-9722
- Davita Minerva Park Dialysis3.59 miles away4401 Cleveland Avenue Columbus Ohio 43224Dialysis Stations: 17 (614) 478-9604
- Fmc - Central Ohio4.33 miles away4661 Karl Road Columbus Ohio 43229CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (614) 840-0012
- Fresenius Medical Care New Albany LLC5.11 miles away991 E. Johnstown Rd. Columbus Ohio 43230Dialysis Stations: 17 (614) 855-3677
- Total Renal Care, Inc.5.28 miles away6530 W. Campus Oval, Suite 100 New Albany Ohio 43054Dialysis Stations: 8 (614) 855-3445
- Davita - Columbus Dialysis6.84 miles away226 Graceland Blvd. - Suite 3-09a Columbus Ohio 43214CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (614) 985-1732