Heartland of Twinsburg is one of just three facilities in Twinsburg, Ohio. It looks like this is a good facility. We awarded it an overall grade of B, which is a respectable score. We actually ranked it as the number one nursing home in Twinsburg. The best part of this facility's profile was is its short-term care grade. We discuss short-term care in the next section.
Heartland of Twinsburg
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this proved to be a quality nursing home is that it received a very impressive short-term care score. Short-term care is its best category. In that area, we gave this facility an A. In our short-term care rating, we endeavor to forge a fair gauge for rehabilitation. In doing so, we assess a facility's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.8 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Turning to another one of this nursing home's strengths, it also earned a very impressive inspection score. In fact, inspections turned out to be one of its best categories. We gave this nursing home a grade of A-. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection scores. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some can be relatively minor. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This tells you that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple relatively minor dings aren't the end of the world.
Does this page answer your questions about Heartland of Twinsburg?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Our nursing grade is based on a handful of subcategories, but the main consideration is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's least impressive area was long-term care, which is the final category we scored. In this area, we awarded this facility an D. If you are seeking anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care grades. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Fortunately, this facility vaccinated 96.04317 percent of its residents, which is a very solid figure. Surprisingly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Heartland of Twinsburg Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Heartland of Twinsburg, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term residents that have pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Heartland of Twinsburg, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of long-term patients which sustained falls which caused major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Heartland of Twinsburg, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term patients that have sustained a urinary tract infection. Although more of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Heartland of Twinsburg, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders. Tragically, in some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Heartland of Twinsburg, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term patients that are administered antianxiety medication. These medications are generally used to treat patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Heartland of Twinsburg, 20.26% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who are showing symptoms of depression. Many in the industry argue that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Heartland of Twinsburg, 90.12% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Heartland of Twinsburg, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Heartland of Twinsburg, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Heartland of Twinsburg, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Heartland of Twinsburg, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Heartland of Twinsburg, 12 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Heartland of Twinsburg, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.13 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.8 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Summa Western Reserve HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.08 miles away1900 23rd Street Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44223Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 971-7000
- University Hospitals Portage Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.07 miles away6847 N Chestnut Ravenna Ohio 44266Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 297-2300
- Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.41 miles away6780 Mayfield Road Cleveland Ohio 44124Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 312-4500
- Summa Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 15.63 miles away525 East Market Street Akron Ohio 44309Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 375-3000
- Akron General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.1 miles away1 Akron General Avenue Akron Ohio 44307Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 344-6000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 16.8 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Davita Twinsburg Dialysis0.92 miles away2592 E. Aurora Rd. Suite 100 Twinsburg Ohio 44087Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 405-3030
- Fmc - Streetsboro Kidney Center6.1 miles away9200 Staples Drive, Ste A Streetsboro Ohio 44241Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 422-0160
- Nephrology Associates at Oakwood, Ltd.6.44 miles away7690 First Place, Suite E, Bldg D Bedford Ohio 44146CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 439-1526
- Fmc - Solon6.86 miles away6020 Enterprise Parkway Solon Ohio 44139Dialysis Stations: 16 (440) 248-7061
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group-North Randall9.18 miles away5035 Richmond Road Bedford Ohio 44146Dialysis Stations: 15 (216) 591-1364
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.9.45 miles away4877 Galaxy Parkway Suite A Cleveland Ohio 44128CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (216) 378-5050
- Davita - Munroe Falls10.54 miles away265 North Main Street Munroe Falls Ohio 44262CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 689-1400
- Fmc - Portage County Kidney Center10.88 miles away401 Devon Place Ste 100 Kent Ohio 44240CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 677-0880