Heartland of Twinsburg is one of just three facilities in Twinsburg, Ohio. We awarded it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the pack score. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Twinsburg. You also may want to review this facility's category grades below. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Heartland of Twinsburg
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home really excelled in the category of short-term care. We gave it an A for that category, which is one of our highest scores. This salvaged its overall profile. In calculating these short-term care ratings, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to devise a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 6.4 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Inspections is another category where this facility excelled. In fact, we gave this facility an A- for our inspections category. This is far more impressive than the facility's overall score. Our inspection ratings weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher grades in this area tend to have few of these severe deficiencies. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. A few minor dings aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Does this page answer your questions about Heartland of Twinsburg?
This facility's next best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of B-. In calculating a nursing home's nursing grade, we look at the amount of time nurses are seeing patients and the skill levels of those nurses. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place actually excelled in some of the quality measures we assessed. In fact, it performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we scored is long-term care. Sadly, it received an F for this category, which is an abysmal grade. This is clearly a major disappointment. If you are looking for anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care grades. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home administered the vaccine to 97.86477 percent of its residents, which is a very respectable figure. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Heartland of Twinsburg Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Heartland of Twinsburg, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who have pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Heartland of Twinsburg, 3.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of long-term patients which sustained falls which caused major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Heartland of Twinsburg, 1.8% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term patients that have sustained a urinary tract infection. Although more of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Heartland of Twinsburg, 13.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders. Tragically, in some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Heartland of Twinsburg, 22.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term patients that are administered antianxiety medication. These medications are generally used to treat patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Heartland of Twinsburg, 20% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who are showing symptoms of depression. Many in the industry argue that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Heartland of Twinsburg, 90.19% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Heartland of Twinsburg, 15.17% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Heartland of Twinsburg, 18.5% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Heartland of Twinsburg, 18.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Heartland of Twinsburg, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Heartland of Twinsburg, 74.54% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.13 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.8 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Summa Western Reserve HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.08 miles away1900 23rd Street Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44223Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 971-7000
- University Hospitals Portage Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.07 miles away6847 N Chestnut Ravenna Ohio 44266Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 297-2300
- Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.41 miles away6780 Mayfield Road Cleveland Ohio 44124Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 312-4500
- Summa Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 15.63 miles away525 East Market Street Akron Ohio 44309Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 375-3000
- Akron General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.1 miles away1 Akron General Avenue Akron Ohio 44307Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 344-6000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 16.8 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Davita Twinsburg Dialysis0.92 miles away2592 E. Aurora Rd. Suite 100 Twinsburg Ohio 44087Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 405-3030
- Fmc - Streetsboro Kidney Center6.1 miles away9200 Staples Drive, Ste A Streetsboro Ohio 44241Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 422-0160
- Nephrology Associates at Oakwood, Ltd.6.44 miles away7690 First Place, Suite E, Bldg D Bedford Ohio 44146CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 439-1526
- Fmc - Solon6.86 miles away6020 Enterprise Parkway Solon Ohio 44139Dialysis Stations: 16 (440) 248-7061
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group-North Randall9.18 miles away5035 Richmond Road Bedford Ohio 44146Dialysis Stations: 15 (216) 591-1364
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.9.45 miles away4877 Galaxy Parkway Suite A Cleveland Ohio 44128CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (216) 378-5050
- Davita - Munroe Falls10.54 miles away265 North Main Street Munroe Falls Ohio 44262CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 689-1400
- Fmc - Portage County Kidney Center10.88 miles away401 Devon Place Ste 100 Kent Ohio 44240CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 677-0880