Heartland of Twinsburg is one of just two facilities in Twinsburg, Ohio. It looks like this is a fine facility. We gave this it an overall grade of B+, which is a well above average score. Based on our assessment, this facility is a good fit for quite a few people. This place's strong profile was highlighted by its short-term care grade, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Heartland of Twinsburg
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Twinsburg senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our short-term care rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. In the category of short-term care, we strive to evaluate measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents that were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Turning to another one of this nursing home's strengths, it also earned a very impressive inspection score. Inspections turned out to be one of its best categories. In that area, we gave this facility an A-. Our inspection ratings weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this area generally have very few of these severe deficiencies. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few relatively minor dings are not necessarily something to panic about.
Does this page answer your questions about Heartland of Twinsburg?
Among this facility's other strengths is its elite nursing grade. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of A-. The nursing rating includes a host of datapoints. The most heavily weighted factor is the quantity of hours nurses spend with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we graded was nursing, was this facility's worst area. We awarded this facility a grade of D in that category. This is one of just a few weak links on an otherwise impressive report card. When facilities receive a grade in this range in this category it generally means the nursing home did not perform well in our quality measures relating to patient care. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. Unfortunately, this nursing home vaccinated just 90.34749 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Heartland of Twinsburg Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Heartland of Twinsburg, 7.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Heartland of Twinsburg, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Heartland of Twinsburg, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term residents which suffered from urinary tract infections. While a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare between facilities due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Heartland of Twinsburg, 12.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure tells you the percent of long-term care patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Heartland of Twinsburg, 21.99% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of long-term care patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Heartland of Twinsburg, 21.39% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Heartland of Twinsburg, 88.91% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Heartland of Twinsburg, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Heartland of Twinsburg, 12.66% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Heartland of Twinsburg, 12.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Heartland of Twinsburg, 12.98 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Heartland of Twinsburg, 75.85% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many argue that this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.13 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.8 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Summa Western Reserve HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.08 miles away1900 23rd Street Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44223Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 971-7000
- University Hospitals Portage Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.07 miles away6847 N Chestnut Ravenna Ohio 44266Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 297-2300
- Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.41 miles away6780 Mayfield Road Cleveland Ohio 44124Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 312-4500
- Summa Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 15.63 miles away525 East Market Street Akron Ohio 44309Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 375-3000
- Akron General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.1 miles away1 Akron General Avenue Akron Ohio 44307Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 344-6000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 16.8 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Davita Twinsburg Dialysis0.92 miles away2592 E. Aurora Rd. Suite 100 Twinsburg Ohio 44087Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 405-3030
- Fmc - Streetsboro Kidney Center6.1 miles away9200 Staples Drive, Ste A Streetsboro Ohio 44241Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 422-0160
- Nephrology Associates at Oakwood, Ltd.6.44 miles away7690 First Place, Suite E, Bldg D Bedford Ohio 44146CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 439-1526
- Fmc - Solon6.86 miles away6020 Enterprise Parkway Solon Ohio 44139Dialysis Stations: 16 (440) 248-7061
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group-North Randall9.18 miles away5035 Richmond Road Bedford Ohio 44146Dialysis Stations: 15 (216) 591-1364
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.9.45 miles away4877 Galaxy Parkway Suite A Cleveland Ohio 44128CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (216) 378-5050
- Davita - Munroe Falls10.54 miles away265 North Main Street Munroe Falls Ohio 44262CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 689-1400
- Fmc - Portage County Kidney Center10.88 miles away401 Devon Place Ste 100 Kent Ohio 44240CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 677-0880