NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac is a large facility in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. With an overall rating of B-, this is likely a decent facility. The nursing homes in Fort Lauderdale received quality scores across the board with a city grade of a B. The best part of this nursing home's report card was is its inspection score. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Fort Lauderdale senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this turned out to be a decent nursing home is that it earned an excellent inspection score. Its inspection grade was far superior to its overall grade. In the inspections category, we gave it a grade of A-. Inspection scores are based on several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this area typically have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Although this place had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
This facility also excelled in nursing, where it received an B. Few facilities fared better in this category. Our nursing score is largely tied to a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac?
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we graded is short-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a B. It actually performed better than most nursing homes in this area. In computing our short-term care ratings, we size up a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This grade is generally a fair measure of the nursing home's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 4.2 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the last category, this facility was awarded a respectable long-term care grade of C. Long-term care grades assess a nursing home's assistance with daily living instead of the highly skilled therapy or healthcare services that are critical to a rehabilitation facility. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Thankfully, this nursing home gave the vaccine to 99.41003 percent of its patients, which is a very solid statistic. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.04 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac, 9.19% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents that experienced falls resulting in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac, 1.78% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indicator of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac, 10.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for many medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac, 21.31% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac, 2.53% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac, 95.81% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac, 12.69% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and bathing. Many would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac, 14.03% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac, 2.07 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac, 14.03 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac, 77.72% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Fort Lauderdale, Florida has 7 other nursing homes
- University Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.01 miles away7201 N University Dr Fort Lauderdale Florida 33321Proprietary(954) 721-2200
- Broward Health Coral SpringsAcute Care Hospitals 4.92 miles away3000 Coral Hills Dr Pompano Beach Florida 33065Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 344-3000
- Plantation General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.72 miles away401 Nw 42nd Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33317Voluntary non-profit - Private(954) 587-5010
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.76 miles away2801 N State Rd 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Proprietary(954) 974-0400
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.66 miles away4725 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Voluntary non-profit - Church(954) 771-8000
- Broward Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.45 miles away1600 S Andrews Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33316Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 355-4400
- Broward Health NorthAcute Care Hospitals 10.21 miles away201 E Sample Rd Pompano Beach Florida 33064Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 786-6950
- Cleveland Clinic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.75 miles away3100 Weston Rd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33331Voluntary non-profit - Private(954) 689-5000
- Davita Inverrary Dialysis0.67 miles away4984 N University Drive Fort Lauderdale Florida 33351Dialysis Stations: 20 (954) 748-1659
- Tamarac Artificial Kidney Center0.86 miles away7140 W Mcnab Rd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33321CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (954) 720-5336
- Fmc - Tamarac1.1 miles away7059 Nw 88th Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33321CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (954) 721-0093
- Ft Lauderdale Dixie Dialysis2.28 miles away1299 East Commercial Blvd #100 Fort Lauderdale Florida 33334CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (954) 776-6056
- Florida Kidney Center2.96 miles away7309 West Oakland Park Blvd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33319CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (954) 578-7678
- Fmc - Coral Springs3.22 miles away850 Riverside Drive Pompano Beach Florida 33071CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (954) 340-3353
- Oakland Dialysis Center LLC3.49 miles away3250 N State Road 7 Reef Plaza Fort Lauderdale Florida 33319Dialysis Stations: 16 (954) 717-2293
- Pine Island Kidney Center3.49 miles away1871 N Pine Island Rd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33322Dialysis Stations: 20 (954) 916-8958