NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac is a large facility in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. With an overall rating of B-, this is likely a decent facility. While there's nothing wrong with a B-, we wanted to point out that Fort Lauderdale received a city grade of B+ so there are plenty of good options in this city. The best part of this place's profile is is its inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
On top of having a decent overall rating, we also want to point out that this place received favorable government inspections in recent years. We awarded them one of our better scores in this area, with a B+. This is a notably better grade than the facility's overall score. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
This nursing home also received a strong nursing grade. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B in that category, which is one of our better scores. Nursing ratings are largely tied to the nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a policy of turning a patient even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we graded is short-term care, where this facility was given a grade of B- in this area. In computing our short-term care ratings, we scrutinize a facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other licensed professionals. This category is typically a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that just 4.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. Unfortunately, this was below the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our fourth category, this facility was awarded a B- for long-term care, which we consider to be a decent rating. With our long-term care assessment, we focus on the amount of services provided by a facility, as well as some qualitative statistics. One of the factors we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. Fortunately, this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 98.39744 percent of its residents. Lastly, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely linked to a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for many medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac, 2.33% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac, 94.94% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and bathing. Many would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Fort Lauderdale, Florida has 18 other nursing homes
- University Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.01 miles away7201 N University Dr Fort Lauderdale Florida 33321Proprietary(954) 721-2200
- Broward Health Coral SpringsAcute Care Hospitals 4.92 miles away3000 Coral Hills Dr Pompano Beach Florida 33065Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 344-3000
- Plantation General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.72 miles away401 Nw 42nd Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33317Voluntary non-profit - Private(954) 587-5010
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.76 miles away2801 N State Rd 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Proprietary(954) 974-0400
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.66 miles away4725 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Voluntary non-profit - Church(954) 771-8000
- Broward Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.45 miles away1600 S Andrews Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33316Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 355-4400
- Broward Health NorthAcute Care Hospitals 10.21 miles away201 E Sample Rd Pompano Beach Florida 33064Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 786-6950
- Cleveland Clinic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.75 miles away3100 Weston Rd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33331Voluntary non-profit - Private(954) 689-5000
- Davita Inverrary Dialysis0.67 miles away4984 N University Drive Fort Lauderdale Florida 33351Dialysis Stations: 20 (954) 748-1659
- Tamarac Artificial Kidney Center0.86 miles away7140 W Mcnab Rd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33321CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (954) 720-5336
- Fmc - Tamarac1.1 miles away7059 Nw 88th Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33321CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (954) 721-0093
- Ft Lauderdale Dixie Dialysis2.28 miles away1299 East Commercial Blvd #100 Fort Lauderdale Florida 33334CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (954) 776-6056
- Florida Kidney Center2.96 miles away7309 West Oakland Park Blvd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33319CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (954) 578-7678
- Fmc - Coral Springs3.22 miles away850 Riverside Drive Pompano Beach Florida 33071CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (954) 340-3353
- Oakland Dialysis Center LLC3.49 miles away3250 N State Road 7 Reef Plaza Fort Lauderdale Florida 33319Dialysis Stations: 16 (954) 717-2293
- Pine Island Kidney Center3.49 miles away1871 N Pine Island Rd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33322Dialysis Stations: 20 (954) 916-8958