NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac is a large facility in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. With an overall rating of C, this is likely a decent facility. We wanted to point out that Fort Lauderdale received a city grade of B+, so you may want to look at other options in the city as well. The best part of this facility's profile was is its inspection reports. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Registered Staff Hours
It should also be noted that this facility's inspection rating outpaced its overall score. We awarded it a B+ for its inspections grade, which is one of our better scores. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being relatively minor. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple of minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's next best area is short-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of B-. Our short-term care grade is typically employed to judge a nursing home's rehabilitation services. In order to provide highly graded rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must feature better levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other licensed professionals. We were surprised to find that this nursing home was below average in the two key staffing areas we focus on. In fact, it supplied fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. It is still important to determine whether this is adversely impacting the quality of care. The final datapoint we considered in this area is the number of patients who ultimately returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. This figure was below the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac?
One of this facility's better category grades was in the area of nursing care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of C. The nursing grade assesses quite a few components, many of which are based on nursing hours. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis, which is a very low figure. Lastly, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this place actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is often a reliable indicator that a nursing home has quality controls in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at is long-term care. This nursing home was given a grade of C for this category. Our long-term care grades are more meaningful for individuals in need of more traditional services associated with activities of daily living. One of the factors we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. Fortunately, this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 98.76923 percent of its residents. This facility was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indicator of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for many medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac, 2.43% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac, 94.61% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and bathing. Many would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In NSPIRE - Healthcare Tamarac, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Fort Lauderdale, Florida has 18 other nursing homes
- University Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.01 miles away7201 N University Dr Fort Lauderdale Florida 33321Proprietary(954) 721-2200
- Broward Health Coral SpringsAcute Care Hospitals 4.92 miles away3000 Coral Hills Dr Pompano Beach Florida 33065Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 344-3000
- Plantation General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.72 miles away401 Nw 42nd Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33317Voluntary non-profit - Private(954) 587-5010
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.76 miles away2801 N State Rd 7 Pompano Beach Florida 33063Proprietary(954) 974-0400
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.66 miles away4725 N Federal Hwy Fort Lauderdale Florida 33308Voluntary non-profit - Church(954) 771-8000
- Broward Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.45 miles away1600 S Andrews Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33316Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 355-4400
- Broward Health NorthAcute Care Hospitals 10.21 miles away201 E Sample Rd Pompano Beach Florida 33064Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 786-6950
- Cleveland Clinic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.75 miles away3100 Weston Rd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33331Voluntary non-profit - Private(954) 689-5000
- Davita Inverrary Dialysis0.67 miles away4984 N University Drive Fort Lauderdale Florida 33351Dialysis Stations: 20 (954) 748-1659
- Tamarac Artificial Kidney Center0.86 miles away7140 W Mcnab Rd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33321CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (954) 720-5336
- Fmc - Tamarac1.1 miles away7059 Nw 88th Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33321CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (954) 721-0093
- Ft Lauderdale Dixie Dialysis2.28 miles away1299 East Commercial Blvd #100 Fort Lauderdale Florida 33334CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (954) 776-6056
- Florida Kidney Center2.96 miles away7309 West Oakland Park Blvd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33319CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (954) 578-7678
- Fmc - Coral Springs3.22 miles away850 Riverside Drive Pompano Beach Florida 33071CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (954) 340-3353
- Oakland Dialysis Center LLC3.49 miles away3250 N State Road 7 Reef Plaza Fort Lauderdale Florida 33319Dialysis Stations: 16 (954) 717-2293
- Pine Island Kidney Center3.49 miles away1871 N Pine Island Rd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33322Dialysis Stations: 20 (954) 916-8958