ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Perrysburg) is a senior living facility located in Perrysburg, Ohio. This city has a population of 37,002 people. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of B-. A score of this caliber requires some respectable scores. This place seems to have a few things working in its favor. The best part of this facility's profile was is its short-term care grade. short-term care grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Perrysburg)
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Perrysburg senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home really excelled in the category of short-term care, where it received an A-. Few nursing homes fared better in this category. If it was not for this category, this nursing home's overall score would have been much worse. Short-term care grades are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a wide range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. It doesn't look like this facility submitted data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents that who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
We also wanted to point out that this nursing home earned an impressive grade of B+ in the area of nursing. Nursing scores are largely associated with the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Perrysburg)?
This nursing home also earned a strong inspection score. Inspection grades are based on the nursing home's recent inspections. We awarded this nursing home a B in this area. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we analyzed is long-term care, which is this facility's weakest area. We gave it a lowly F in this area, which is clearly very concerning. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids, as well as the levels of routine medical care available. One of the factors we considered after nursing hours was vaccines. We were a bit bothered by the fact that this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to a relatively low 82.50951 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this facility was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Perrysburg) Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Perrysburg), 7.46% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is is a measure of the percent of long-term patients which suffer from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Perrysburg), 2.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This gauges the percentage of long-term care patients who have experienced falls which resulted in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Perrysburg), 2.73% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients which have experienced a UTI. While a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare different nursing homes due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Perrysburg), 8.03% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used to treat several conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Perrysburg), 25.98% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients which are prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are typically given to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Perrysburg), 3.27% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Perrysburg), 82.56% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Perrysburg), 12.35% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Perrysburg), 20.43% of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Perrysburg), 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Perrysburg), 20.43% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Perrysburg), 12.39% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Perrysburg), 79.95% of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's typically correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- St Luke's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.4 miles away5901 Monclova Road Maumee Ohio 43537Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 893-5900
- Northwest Ohio Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 5.14 miles away930 South Detroit Avenue Toledo Ohio 43614Government - State(419) 381-1881
- University of Toledo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.17 miles away3000 Arlington Avenue Toledo Ohio 43699Government - State(419) 383-4848
- Bay Park Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.85 miles away2801 Bay Park Drive Oregon Ohio 43616Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 690-7700
- Toledo Hospital TheAcute Care Hospitals 8.54 miles away2142 North Cove Boulevard Toledo Ohio 43606Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 291-7463
- Mercy Health St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.87 miles away2213 Cherry Street Toledo Ohio 43608Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 251-3232
- Mercy St Anne HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.08 miles away3404 Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 407-2663
- Wood County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.6 miles away950 West Wooster Street Bowling Green Ohio 43402Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 354-8900
- Fmc - Perrysburg Dialysis2.24 miles away701 Commerce Drive Perrysburg Ohio 43551Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 874-3447
- Total Renal Care, Inc.3.08 miles away4330 Keystone Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 12 (419) 887-0762
- Fresenius Medical Care Maumee Home LLC3.08 miles away6546 Weatherfield Ct Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 4 (419) 865-4554
- Fmc- Arrowhead Dialysis Center4.53 miles away322 W Dussel Drive Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 24 (419) 891-2200
- Davita - Southland Dialysis4.63 miles away3401 Glendale Toledo Ohio 43614CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (419) 389-9681
- University of Toledo Medical Center4.95 miles away3000 Arlington Ave., Rm 0239 Toledo Ohio 43614Dialysis Stations: 6 (419) 383-4985
- Usrc Maumee, LLC5.06 miles away1787 Indian Wood Circle, Suite B Maumee Ohio 43537Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 887-0729
- Davita - Swan Creek Dialysis5.88 miles away5201 Airport Highway Toledo Ohio 43615Dialysis Stations: 20 (419) 214-0540