ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Sterling Heights) is located in Sterling Heights, Michigan. This city has a total of 129,683 people. This nursing home was awarded an overall grade of C, which is a solid score. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Sterling Heights, which admittedly is admittedly a bit below average nationally. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category is short-term care, which is discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Sterling Heights)
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Sterling Heights senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's best category grade came in our short-term care category. In that category, we awarded this facility a B+. Our short-term care grades are considered to be most critical for residents in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates additional highly-skilled nursing services. This includes not just nursing services, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who returned home from this facility. We found that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
This nursing home actually received a solid government inspection report this year as well, with few major dings from the applicable government inspectors. As a result, it received one of our better grades in that category with a score of B-. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home received 8 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Sterling Heights)?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the category of long-term care, this nursing home was given a grade of just D in this area. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. Once we assessed the volume of nursing care, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were optimistic to learn that this nursing home vaccinated 99.01961 percent of its patients for pneumonia. To our surprise, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Moving on to the next category, we gave this nursing home a grade of D for our nursing category. This was the facility's weakest category grade. When calculating our nursing ratings, we look at both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the skill levels of those nurses. This place offered only 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient daily. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing scores. This nursing home performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Sterling Heights) Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Sterling Heights), 10% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Sterling Heights), 2.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who had falls resulting in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Sterling Heights), 1.53% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely linked to facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Additional nurse staffing limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Sterling Heights), 8.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Sterling Heights), 16.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are used to treat residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Sterling Heights), 0% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Sterling Heights), 98.62% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Sterling Heights), 9.94% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Sterling Heights), 15.24% of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term patients who remained mobile levels.
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Sterling Heights), 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is important to the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Sterling Heights), 15.24% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Sterling Heights), 10.1% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Sterling Heights), 83.32% of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements.
- Henry Ford Macomb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.89 miles away15855 Nineteen Mile Rd Clinton Township Michigan 48038Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 263-2300
- Mclaren MacombAcute Care Hospitals 4.75 miles away1000 Harrington St Mount Clemens Michigan 48043Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 493-8000
- Ascension Macomb Oakland Hosp-Warren CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.82 miles away11800 East Twelve Mile Road Warren Michigan 48093Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 573-5000
- Ascension Providence Rochester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.86 miles away1101 W University Drive Rochester Michigan 48307Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 652-5000
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 11.06 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- Ascension St John HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.5 miles away22101 Moross Rd Grosse Pointe Michigan 48236Voluntary non-profit - Church(313) 343-4000
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.65 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Beaumont Hospital, Grosse PointeAcute Care Hospitals 13.8 miles away468 Cadieux Rd Grosse Pointe Michigan 48230Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 343-1000
- Clinton Township Dialysis of Davita2.92 miles away15918 Nineteen Mile Rd Suite 110 Clinton Township Michigan 48038CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (586) 412-9195
- Macomb Regional Dialysis Center2.92 miles away16151 19 Mile Rd Ste 200 Clinton Township Michigan 48038CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (586) 263-8350
- Fmc Dialysis - Warren4.25 miles away30300 Hoover Rd Ste 100 Warren Michigan 48093CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 558-8890
- Fmc Dialysis - Clinton4.72 miles away35351a S Gratiot Ave Clinton Township Michigan 48035CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (586) 791-6203
- Davita Troy Dialysis5.1 miles away2391 15 Mile Rd Sterling Heights Michigan 48310Dialysis Stations: 13 (586) 795-2920
- Macomb Kidney Center of Davita5.12 miles away28295 Schoenherr Rd Suite A Warren Michigan 48088CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (586) 558-8160
- Fmc Dialysis - Romeo Plank5.18 miles away46591 Romeo Plank Rd Ste 101 Macomb Michigan 48044Dialysis Stations: 16 (586) 226-6150
- Fms Beaumonth Health, LLC5.57 miles away44300 Dequindre Rd Sterling Heights Michigan 48314Dialysis Stations: 22 (248) 964-0100