ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Sterling Heights) is located in Sterling Heights, Michigan. This city has a total of 129,683 people. This nursing home was awarded an overall grade of D, which is a subpar grade. This was not the worse facility we found, but we'd still be very reluctant to recommend it. More information on this facility's category grades may be found below. Its best category is short-term care, which is addressed in the next section.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Sterling Heights)
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
38200 Schoenherr Road,
Sterling Heights MI 48312
62.45% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
While we didn't rate this nursing home favorably overall, we actually gave it an excellent grade in our short-term care category, where it earned an A-. In the category of short-term care, we attempt to evaluate measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this facility provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last metric we assessed in this category is the number of patients who returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of B- for our inspections rating. This score is a more impressive than the facility's overall grade. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection ratings. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some can be quite insignificant. This particular nursing home received 8 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Sterling Heights)?
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our nursing rating. Our nursing grade is largely associated with the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home offered only 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is an alarmingly low total. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing ratings. This facility performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these statistics to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we assessed is long-term care, where this facility received a bottom of the barrel grade in this category also. It received a lowly F for this area, which is definitely very concerning. For prospective patients in need of a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 99.0099 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is higher than most nursing homes. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Sterling Heights) Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Sterling Heights), 8.78% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents that are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an measure of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Sterling Heights), 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who had falls which caused major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Sterling Heights), 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely associated with worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Sterling Heights), 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used to treat a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Sterling Heights), 18.81% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Sterling Heights), 3.44% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Sterling Heights), 91.43% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Sterling Heights), 12.1% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom. Many in the industry argue this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Sterling Heights), 17.7% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term patients who remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Sterling Heights), 17.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Sterling Heights), 10.81 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Sterling Heights), 77.3% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Sterling Heights, MI
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of C
Looking for more options? Sterling Heights, Michigan has 4 other nursing homes
- Henry Ford Macomb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.89 miles away15855 Nineteen Mile Rd Clinton Township Michigan 48038Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 263-2300
- Mclaren MacombAcute Care Hospitals 4.75 miles away1000 Harrington St Mount Clemens Michigan 48043Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 493-8000
- Ascension Macomb Oakland Hosp-Warren CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.82 miles away11800 East Twelve Mile Road Warren Michigan 48093Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 573-5000
- Ascension Providence Rochester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.86 miles away1101 W University Drive Rochester Michigan 48307Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 652-5000
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 11.06 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- Ascension St John HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.5 miles away22101 Moross Rd Grosse Pointe Michigan 48236Voluntary non-profit - Church(313) 343-4000
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.65 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Beaumont Hospital, Grosse PointeAcute Care Hospitals 13.8 miles away468 Cadieux Rd Grosse Pointe Michigan 48230Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 343-1000
- Clinton Township Dialysis of Davita2.92 miles away15918 Nineteen Mile Rd Suite 110 Clinton Township Michigan 48038CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (586) 412-9195
- Macomb Regional Dialysis Center2.92 miles away16151 19 Mile Rd Ste 200 Clinton Township Michigan 48038CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (586) 263-8350
- Fmc Dialysis - Warren4.25 miles away30300 Hoover Rd Ste 100 Warren Michigan 48093CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 558-8890
- Fmc Dialysis - Clinton4.72 miles away35351a S Gratiot Ave Clinton Township Michigan 48035CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (586) 791-6203
- Davita Troy Dialysis5.1 miles away2391 15 Mile Rd Sterling Heights Michigan 48310Dialysis Stations: 13 (586) 795-2920
- Macomb Kidney Center of Davita5.12 miles away28295 Schoenherr Rd Suite A Warren Michigan 48088CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (586) 558-8160
- Fmc Dialysis - Romeo Plank5.18 miles away46591 Romeo Plank Rd Ste 101 Macomb Michigan 48044Dialysis Stations: 16 (586) 226-6150
- Fms Beaumonth Health, LLC5.57 miles away44300 Dequindre Rd Sterling Heights Michigan 48314Dialysis Stations: 22 (248) 964-0100