Heartland Health Care Center Prosperity Oaks is in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. This city has a total of 68,587 people. This nursing home turns out to be an A rated facility, which is one of the highest grades that we offer. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top fifth of all facilities in the United States. This nursing home also received phenomenal scores in each of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Heartland Health Care Center Prosperity Oaks
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Palm Beach Gardens senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our short-term care rating. Our short-term care scores are likely more critical for those in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes additional skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not just nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last item we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients that were able to return home from the facility. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
This nursing home has received near flawless inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. Our inspection ratings account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher grades in this category tend to have very few severe deficiencies. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. You really can't go wrong with a deficiency-free inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Heartland Health Care Center Prosperity Oaks?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B+. The nursing rating is based on numerous factors. The most heavily weighted one is the quantity of hours nurses spend with residents. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last category we scored, this facility was awarded an impressive grade grade of B+ in our long-term care category. With this score, the nursing home completed a very impressive report card. Nursing homes that do well in this category typically provide residents with better supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Heartland Health Care Center Prosperity Oaks Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Heartland Health Care Center Prosperity Oaks, 14.04% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Heartland Health Care Center Prosperity Oaks, 1.13% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. More supervision minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Heartland Health Care Center Prosperity Oaks, 0.4% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Heartland Health Care Center Prosperity Oaks, 7.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. However, some facilities need to rely more on these drugs due to having more residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Heartland Health Care Center Prosperity Oaks, 10.62% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term care residents that are administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are typically used to treat residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Heartland Health Care Center Prosperity Oaks, 0% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients showing depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression may reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Heartland Health Care Center Prosperity Oaks, 100% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Heartland Health Care Center Prosperity Oaks, 8.33% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Heartland Health Care Center Prosperity Oaks, 14.14% of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Heartland Health Care Center Prosperity Oaks, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is critical to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Heartland Health Care Center Prosperity Oaks, 14.14% of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Heartland Health Care Center Prosperity Oaks, 8.67% of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Heartland Health Care Center Prosperity Oaks, 70.11% of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's typically correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
- Palm Beach Gardens Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.13 miles away3360 Burns Rd Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33410Proprietary(561) 622-1411
- Jupiter Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.69 miles away1210 S Old Dixie Hwy Jupiter Florida 33458Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 747-2234
- The Jerome Golden Center for Behavioral Health, InPsychiatric 6.06 miles away1041 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 844-9741
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.07 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Proprietary(561) 840-6202
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.06 miles away1309 N Flagler Dr West Palm Beach Florida 33401Proprietary(561) 655-5511
- Wellington Regional Medical Center LLCAcute Care Hospitals 15.77 miles away10101 Forest Hill Blvd Wellington Florida 33414Proprietary(561) 798-8500
- Palms West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.96 miles away13001 Southern Blvd Loxahatchee Florida 33470Proprietary(561) 753-4245
- Jfk Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.77 miles away5301 S Congress Ave Lake Worth Florida 33462Proprietary(561) 965-7300
- North Palm Beach Dialysis Center1.76 miles away2841 Pga Blvd Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33410CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 630-5081
- Atlantic Kidney Centers LLC5.76 miles away4700 Congress Ave Ste 106 West Palm Beach Florida 33407CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 845-2888
- Saint Marys Hospital Dialysis Unit5.88 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Dialysis Stations: 24 (561) 882-6470
- Continental Dialysis Care5.89 miles away2000 Continental Dr Ste A West Palm Beach Florida 33407CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (561) 840-4141
- Coastal Dialysis Center6.45 miles away641 University Blvd #209 Jupiter Florida 33458Dialysis Stations: 7 (561) 557-1704
- Jupiter Kidney Center LLC6.45 miles away1701 Military Trail #140 Jupiter Florida 33458CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (561) 744-4661
- Jupiter Dialysis7 miles away630 Maplewood Dr Ste 200 Jupiter Florida 33458Dialysis Stations: 16 (561) 748-1750
- Sunshine Dialysis Care Centers7.03 miles away2900 Broadway Ave, Ste 3004 West Palm Beach Florida 33404Dialysis Stations: 18 (561) 902-3164