Heartland Health Care Center Prosperity Oaks is in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. This city has a total of 68,587 people. This nursing home turns out to be an A rated facility, which is one of the highest grades that we offer. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top ten percentile of all facilities in the United States. This nursing home also received phenomenal scores in each of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Heartland Health Care Center Prosperity Oaks
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a strong facility overall, this facility also excelled in our short-term care category, where it received a grade of A+. Our short-term care scores are probably most meaningful for those in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing. This includes not merely nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final statistic we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents that returned home from the facility. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its strong resume, this facility also excelled in our long-term care category. In fact, we awarded it a score of A in the area. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in this category it typically means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents healthy. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Heartland Health Care Center Prosperity Oaks?
This facility has received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. Inspection scores are based on many pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this category typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
In the last area, we awarded this facility a A for our nursing score. This wrapped up an elite report card. We assessed the licensure of nurses at the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of time those nurses worked with patients, in calculating our rating in this area. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Heartland Health Care Center Prosperity Oaks Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Heartland Health Care Center Prosperity Oaks, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Heartland Health Care Center Prosperity Oaks, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term residents which have suffered a fall leading to major injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Heartland Health Care Center Prosperity Oaks, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Heartland Health Care Center Prosperity Oaks, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Heartland Health Care Center Prosperity Oaks, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Heartland Health Care Center Prosperity Oaks, 2.33% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients showing depressive symptoms. Some believe this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Heartland Health Care Center Prosperity Oaks, 94.94% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Heartland Health Care Center Prosperity Oaks, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Heartland Health Care Center Prosperity Oaks, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Heartland Health Care Center Prosperity Oaks, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is critical to the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Heartland Health Care Center Prosperity Oaks, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Heartland Health Care Center Prosperity Oaks, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Heartland Health Care Center Prosperity Oaks, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's typically correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Palm Beach Gardens, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Palm Beach Gardens, Florida has 4 other nursing homes
- Palm Beach Gardens Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.13 miles away3360 Burns Rd Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33410Proprietary(561) 622-1411
- Jupiter Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.69 miles away1210 S Old Dixie Hwy Jupiter Florida 33458Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 747-2234
- The Jerome Golden Center for Behavioral Health, InPsychiatric 6.06 miles away1041 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 844-9741
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.07 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Proprietary(561) 840-6202
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.06 miles away1309 N Flagler Dr West Palm Beach Florida 33401Proprietary(561) 655-5511
- Wellington Regional Medical Center LLCAcute Care Hospitals 15.77 miles away10101 Forest Hill Blvd Wellington Florida 33414Proprietary(561) 798-8500
- Palms West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.96 miles away13001 Southern Blvd Loxahatchee Florida 33470Proprietary(561) 753-4245
- Jfk Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.77 miles away5301 S Congress Ave Lake Worth Florida 33462Proprietary(561) 965-7300
- North Palm Beach Dialysis Center1.76 miles away2841 Pga Blvd Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33410CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 630-5081
- Atlantic Kidney Centers LLC5.76 miles away4700 Congress Ave Ste 106 West Palm Beach Florida 33407CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 845-2888
- Saint Marys Hospital Dialysis Unit5.88 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Dialysis Stations: 24 (561) 882-6470
- Continental Dialysis Care5.89 miles away2000 Continental Dr Ste A West Palm Beach Florida 33407CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (561) 840-4141
- Coastal Dialysis Center6.45 miles away641 University Blvd #209 Jupiter Florida 33458Dialysis Stations: 7 (561) 557-1704
- Jupiter Kidney Center LLC6.45 miles away1701 Military Trail #140 Jupiter Florida 33458CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (561) 744-4661
- Jupiter Dialysis7 miles away630 Maplewood Dr Ste 200 Jupiter Florida 33458Dialysis Stations: 16 (561) 748-1750
- Sunshine Dialysis Care Centers7.03 miles away2900 Broadway Ave, Ste 3004 West Palm Beach Florida 33404Dialysis Stations: 18 (561) 902-3164