ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oakland) is a large non-profit nursing home located in Troy, Michigan. With an overall grade of F, we consider this to be a bottom of the barrel nursing home. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Troy. We would not blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, we will discuss nursing in the next section.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oakland)
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Note: ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oakland) has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Even though we graded this facility extremely poorly overall, it received a somewhat respectable nursing score this year. We gave it a B- in that area. Our nursing score consists of a handful of subcategories, but the primary consideration is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place surprisingly fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. In fact, it scored well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is every bit as important as the number of hours of care offered.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also didn't grade out terribly in the category of short-term care. Indeed, we gave it a B- for that area, which ended up being another one of its more respectable grades. Short-term care grades are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a vast spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. We found that this nursing home was below average in the two key staffing areas we assessed. It provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The last metric we considered in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 6 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oakland)?
We wanted to draw your attention to this place's inspection score where it received a lowly F. For places with poor inspection grades, you should really focus on any severe deficiencies found on their recent inspection reports. This nursing home was hit with 5 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only favorable thing we can say is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that suggest that they created a risk to resident health or safety. Finally, CMS flagged this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. This is not what you want to see. We advise you to direct your search elsewhere.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we graded is long-term care, in which this nursing home received a bottom of the barrel grade in this area as well. It received an F in this category, which is definitely somewhat alarming. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. We were pleased to discover that this facility vaccinated 97.560974 percent of its patients for pneumonia. To our surprise, this facility also fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oakland) Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oakland), 8.78% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term residents who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oakland), 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oakland), 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely associated with poor nursing care. More frequent bathing minimizes the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oakland), 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oakland), 18.81% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oakland), 3.44% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oakland), 91.43% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oakland), 12.1% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and taking a bath. Many argue this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oakland), 17.7% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oakland), 17.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oakland), 10.81 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation (Oakland), 77.3% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Ascension Providence Rochester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.05 miles away1101 W University Drive Rochester Michigan 48307Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 652-5000
- St Joseph Mercy OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 6.4 miles away44405 Woodward Ave Pontiac Michigan 48341Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 858-3000
- Mclaren OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 7.26 miles away50 N Perry St Pontiac Michigan 48342Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 338-5000
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 7.61 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- Henry Ford Macomb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.42 miles away15855 Nineteen Mile Rd Clinton Township Michigan 48038Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 263-2300
- Ascension Macomb Oakland Hosp-Warren CampusAcute Care Hospitals 10.85 miles away11800 East Twelve Mile Road Warren Michigan 48093Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 573-5000
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.71 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Mclaren MacombAcute Care Hospitals 12.98 miles away1000 Harrington St Mount Clemens Michigan 48043Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 493-8000
- Rochester Hills Dialysis of Davita1.3 miles away1886 W Auburn Rd Suite 100 Rochester Michigan 48309CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (248) 299-7901
- Fms Beaumonth Health, LLC3.14 miles away44300 Dequindre Rd Sterling Heights Michigan 48314Dialysis Stations: 22 (248) 964-0100
- Fms Rochester Hills, LLC4.19 miles away1406 Walton Blvd Rochester Michigan 48309Dialysis Stations: 13 (248) 608-5455
- Greenfield Hs - Troy4.83 miles away2050 Livernois, Suite A Troy Michigan 48083Dialysis Stations: 16 (248) 524-1270
- Fms Beaumont Health, LLC5.39 miles away6700 N Rochester Rd, Suite Gi-14 Rochester Michigan 48306Dialysis Stations: 8 (248) 650-1533
- Davita Troy Dialysis6 miles away2391 15 Mile Rd Sterling Heights Michigan 48310Dialysis Stations: 13 (586) 795-2920
- Greenfield Hs - Pontiac6.27 miles away44200 Woodward Ave Ste 109 Pontiac Michigan 48341CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (248) 322-7253
- Davita - Orchard Square Dialysis6.98 miles away1900 S Telegraph Rd Ste 200 Bloomfield Hills Michigan 48302Dialysis Stations: 20 (248) 451-0954