NSPIRE Healthcare Miami Lakes is an average-sized nursing home located in Hialeah, Florida. Featuring an overall score of B, this is a very respectable nursing home. Based on our ratings, this nursing home ought to meet the needs of most people. The best part of this facility's strong profile is its inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph
NSPIRE Healthcare Miami Lakes
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a great overall rating, this facility performed even better in our inspections category which is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. In fact, we awarded it an A for this area, which is one of our highest scores. Inspection scores account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this category generally have very few of these severe deficiencies. This facility was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This means that CMS did not consider any of these deficiencies to create an imminent threat to resident safety or health. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home received high scores in the area of short-term care as well. Consequently, it received one of our strongest scores in that category with a area of A. Short-term care grades are generally used to judge a nursing home's rehabilitation services. In order to have highly graded rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must offer better levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last datapoint we assessed in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 5.7 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about NSPIRE Healthcare Miami Lakes?
Next, we looked at the nursing category where we awarded this nursing home a grade of C. This facility didn't perform quite as well in this category as it did in some other categories. Nevertheless, this is still a respectable score. There are numerous subcategories included in this category. Most of these criteria relate to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This figure is significantly below average. Finally, our nursing ratings also consider quality-based metrics, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this place performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is generally an indicator that a facility has sufficient quality controls in place. Some falls could be avoided if a facility provides enough nurses aids to assist its residents.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the fourth category, we awarded this nursing home a D in the area of long-term care. This is the nursing home's least impressive category rating. Unfortunately, this grade hurt the facility's overall profile a bit. In a long-term care environment, the primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 98.101265 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is higher than the average nursing home. Surprisingly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.04 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
NSPIRE Healthcare Miami Lakes Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In NSPIRE Healthcare Miami Lakes, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of long-term patients which suffer from pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are an measure of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In NSPIRE Healthcare Miami Lakes, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In NSPIRE Healthcare Miami Lakes, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In NSPIRE Healthcare Miami Lakes, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used to treat a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In NSPIRE Healthcare Miami Lakes, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In NSPIRE Healthcare Miami Lakes, 2.43% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who are exhibiting signs of depression. Some experts believe this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In NSPIRE Healthcare Miami Lakes, 94.61% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In NSPIRE Healthcare Miami Lakes, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In NSPIRE Healthcare Miami Lakes, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who maintained mobility. Many in the industry believe that the ability to move around is vital to residents' physical and mental health.
In NSPIRE Healthcare Miami Lakes, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In NSPIRE Healthcare Miami Lakes, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In NSPIRE Healthcare Miami Lakes, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In NSPIRE Healthcare Miami Lakes, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's usually correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Hialeah, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Hialeah, Florida has 5 other nursing homes
- Palmetto General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.48 miles away2001 W 68th St Hialeah Florida 33016Proprietary(305) 823-5000
- Memorial Hospital WestAcute Care Hospitals 4.9 miles away703 N Flamingo Rd Pembroke Pines Florida 33028Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 436-5000
- South Florida State HospitalPsychiatric 5.06 miles away800 E Cypress Dr Hollywood Florida 33025Government - State(305) 967-7000
- Larkin Community Hospital Palm Springs CampusAcute Care Hospitals 5.35 miles away1475 W 49th St Hialeah Florida 33012Voluntary non-profit - Private(305) 558-2500
- Memorial Hospital MiramarAcute Care Hospitals 5.95 miles away1901 Sw 172nd Ave Hollywood Florida 33029Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 538-4810
- Hialeah HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.81 miles away651 E 25th St Hialeah Florida 33013Proprietary(305) 693-6100
- Memorial Hospital PembrokeAcute Care Hospitals 6.92 miles away7800 Sheridan St Hollywood Florida 33024Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 962-9650
- North Shore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.32 miles away1100 Nw 95th St Miami Florida 33150Proprietary(305) 835-6000
- Nulife Dialysis Inc.0.82 miles away4805 Nw 183rd Street Opa Locka Florida 33055Dialysis Stations: 13 (305) 952-4925
- Renovation of Life Dialysis Center2.5 miles away14505 Commerce Way #600 Hialeah Florida 33016Dialysis Stations: 16 (305) 362-8399
- Miami Lakes Artificial Kidney Ctr2.51 miles away14600 Nw 60th Ave Hialeah Florida 33014CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (786) 639-0496
- Miami Gardens Dialysis2.69 miles away3363 Nw 167th St Miami Gardens Florida 33056CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (305) 627-9311
- South Florida Dialysis Center Corp3.03 miles away8057 Northwest 155 Street Hialeah Florida 33016CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (305) 698-2200
- Lakes Dialysis Center3.03 miles away7980 Nw 155 St 2nd Floor Hialeah Florida 33016Dialysis Stations: 22 (305) 817-8508
- First Prevention & Dialysis Center, LLC3.1 miles away17940 Nw 27th Avenue Miami Gardens Florida 33056Dialysis Stations: 14 (305) 621-8899
- Kidney Doctor's Dialysis Center3.65 miles away12145 Pembroke Rd Hollywood Florida 33025Dialysis Stations: 24 (954) 743-5804