Majestic Care of Livonia is a nursing home located in Livonia, Michigan. The city has a total of 96,942 people. This facility received a bottom of the barrel overall score based on the data we assessed. If you are not happy with this facility's poor overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Livonia. The city has just one other nursing home. We would not blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, we will discuss inspections in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Majestic Care of Livonia
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Livonia senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a B- for our inspections rating. In fact, the facility received very impressive inspection report this year. Our inspection ratings are based on many items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key item to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to patient safety. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that category, we gave this facility an C. The nursing rating is based on several factors. The most important one is the quantity of hours nurses spend with residents. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Finally, nursing grades also consider quality-based metrics, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this place actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is typically an indicator that a facility has quality controls in place. Many falls can be avoided if a nursing home provides enough nurses aids to assist its patients.
Does this page answer your questions about Majestic Care of Livonia?
Long-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this facility's next best category was long-term care. Nevertheless, with a grade of D in this category, it still performed somewhat poorly. Nursing homes that don't score well in this category often don't provide as much nursing care and also may be struggling in some of the areas of routine medical care we looked at. On top of considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Frankly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this nursing home gave the vaccine to only 90 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.04 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we analyzed was short-term care. We gave it an F in this category, which is a very poor grade. Our short-term care ratings are presumably most important for residents needing a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires more skilled nursing services. This includes not merely nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Considering its grade in this area, we weren't stunned to find that this place is well below average in terms of the number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the measures we looked at. Frankly, this was about what we expected to find. The final item we assessed in this area is the number of residents that were able to return home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 4.9 percent of its residents returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Majestic Care of Livonia Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Majestic Care of Livonia, 8.87% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Majestic Care of Livonia, 2.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls resulting in injury are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Majestic Care of Livonia, 2.23% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Majestic Care of Livonia, 13.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Majestic Care of Livonia, 19.66% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Majestic Care of Livonia, 3.38% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Majestic Care of Livonia, 91.02% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Majestic Care of Livonia, 12.09% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the erosion of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Majestic Care of Livonia, 13.78% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels.
In Majestic Care of Livonia, 1.65 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Majestic Care of Livonia, 13.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Majestic Care of Livonia, 11.28 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Majestic Care of Livonia, 77.57% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington HillsAcute Care Hospitals 3.08 miles away28050 Grand River Avenue Farmington Michigan 48336Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 471-8000
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.96 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.7 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.46 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Sinai-Grace HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.52 miles away6071 W Outer Drive Detroit Michigan 48235Proprietary(313) 966-3300
- Beaumont Hospital - WayneAcute Care Hospitals 8.91 miles away33155 Annapolis Ave Wayne Michigan 48184Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 467-4175
- Beaumont Hospital - DearbornAcute Care Hospitals 9.43 miles away18101 Oakwood Blvd Dearborn Michigan 48124Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 593-7125
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.7 miles away6777 West Maple Road West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 325-1000
- Fmc Dialysis - Livonia2.18 miles away32423 Schoolcraft Livonia Michigan 48150Dialysis Stations: 20 (734) 525-0780
- Great Lakes Dialysis West, LLC3.09 miles away27150 W 8 Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48033Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 327-3999
- Davita - Redford3.4 miles away22711 Grand River Ave Detroit Michigan 48219CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (313) 255-0171
- Fmc - Botsford Park3.82 miles away28425 W 8 Mile Rd Livonia Michigan 48152CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (248) 427-0089
- Greenfield Hs - Livonia3.96 miles away14555 Levan Rd Livonia Michigan 48154CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (734) 591-6409
- Fmc - Garden City4.17 miles away27201 W Warren St Dearborn Heights Michigan 48127Dialysis Stations: 16 (313) 274-5568
- Southfield West Dialysis of Davita4.8 miles away21900 Melrose Ave Suite #4 Southfield Michigan 48075CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (248) 356-8079
- Fmc Dialysis - Northwest Detroit5.06 miles away18944 Grand River Ave Detroit Michigan 48223CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (313) 837-1530