Normandy Center for Nursing and Healing turns out to be one of many nursing home options at your disposal in Jacksonville, Florida. This nursing home turns out to be a decent facility, with an overall grade of C. Based on our ratings, this place likely wouldn't be a bad choice. The best part of this nursing home's profile is its remarkable inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Normandy Center for Nursing and Healing
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Jacksonville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable nursing home overall, this place also excelled in the category of inspections, where it earned a grade of A. Few facilities performed better in this area. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection grades. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some can be quite insignificant. This nursing home was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent risk to patient health or safety. A couple of minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's next most favorable area ended up being its long-term care score, where it was awarded a grade of B-. Long-term care ratings are based in part on the facility's amount of nursing care. This includes a broad scope of personal care services, ranging from assistance with activities of daily living to routine healthcare services. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination records. Candidly, we were a bit worried that this nursing home vaccinated 86.17886 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which happens to be several points below what we were hoping for. Nevertheless, this nursing home excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Normandy Center for Nursing and Healing?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the area of short-term care, this facility received just a D in this area. With our short-term care category, we try to create a valuable barometer for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess a nursing home's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Considering its grade in this area, we were not stunned to learn that this nursing home was well below average in terms of its number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the metrics we looked at. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents that eventually returned home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.7 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
The next category we looked at was nursing, proved to be this nursing home's least impressive category. We gave this nursing home a grade of D in that category. Nursing grades are heavily correlated with levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This number is well below the national average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing scores. This nursing home performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these statistics to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Normandy Center for Nursing and Healing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Normandy Center for Nursing and Healing, 9.19% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents who have pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a great measure of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Normandy Center for Nursing and Healing, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Normandy Center for Nursing and Healing, 1.78% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Normandy Center for Nursing and Healing, 10.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for treating a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Normandy Center for Nursing and Healing, 21.31% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of long-term residents who were given antianxiety medication. These drugs are typically prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Normandy Center for Nursing and Healing, 2.53% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Normandy Center for Nursing and Healing, 95.81% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Normandy Center for Nursing and Healing, 12.69% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Normandy Center for Nursing and Healing, 14.03% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Normandy Center for Nursing and Healing, 2.07 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Normandy Center for Nursing and Healing, 14.03 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Normandy Center for Nursing and Healing, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Normandy Center for Nursing and Healing, 77.72% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many believe this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Jacksonville, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Jacksonville, Florida has 13 other nursing homes
- Ascension St Vincent's RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 6.21 miles away1 Shircliff Way Jacksonville Florida 32204Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 308-7300
- Baptist Medical Center JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 7.85 miles away800 Prudential Dr Jacksonville Florida 32207Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 202-2000
- Nh JacksonvilleAcute Care - Department of Defense 8.3 miles away2080 Child Street Jacksonville Florida 32212Department of Defense(904) 542-7300
- Uf Health JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 8.61 miles away655 W 8th St Jacksonville Florida 32209Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 244-0411
- Orange Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.06 miles away2001 Kingsley Ave Orange Park Florida 32073Voluntary non-profit - Other(904) 276-8500
- Memorial Hospital JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 11.24 miles away3625 University Blvd S Jacksonville Florida 32216Proprietary(904) 702-6111
- Ascension St Vincent's SouthsideAcute Care Hospitals 12.52 miles away4201 Belfort Rd Jacksonville Florida 32216Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 296-3700
- Ascension St Vincent's Clay CountyAcute Care Hospitals 12.63 miles away1670 St Vincents Way Middleburg Florida 32068Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 602-1000
- Normandy Village Dialysis Center1.02 miles away1584 Normandy Village Pkwy #29 Jacksonville Florida 32221CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (904) 781-7272
- Jacksonville Westside Dialysis3.85 miles away5276 Blanding Blvd Suite 26 Jacksonville Florida 32210Dialysis Stations: 20 (904) 573-6405
- Jacksonville Kidney Center5.09 miles away1107 Myra St Ste 101 Jacksonville Florida 32204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (904) 354-3333
- Ara Collins Road Dialysis Center6.58 miles away6196 Lake Gray Blvd Suite 112 Jacksonville Florida 32244Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 772-0933
- Fmc-Trout River Dialysis7.37 miles away3107 Edgewood Ave W Jacksonville Florida 32209Dialysis Stations: 17 (904) 765-5033
- Baptist Medical Center - Pediatric Dialysis7.81 miles away800 Prudential Dr m2west Jacksonville Florida 32207Dialysis Stations: 5 (904) 202-0436
- Ara - West Jacksonville LLC7.93 miles away425 N Lee Street Suite 103 Jacksonville Florida 32204Dialysis Stations: 29 (904) 598-2711
- Dialysis Clinic Inc8.16 miles away757 Union Street W Jacksonville Florida 32202CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (904) 354-0409