Normandy Center for Nursing and Healing is an average-sized nursing home in Jacksonville, Florida. This nursing home is a respectable facility, with an overall grade of B-. Even in a city offering 31 other nursing homes, this nursing home looks like a sound selection. One of the major highlights of this facility's report card is its remarkable inspection reports, which we will address in the next section.
Normandy Center for Nursing and Healing
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable nursing home overall, this place also excelled in the category of inspections, where it earned a grade of A. Few facilities performed better in this area. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection grades. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some can be quite insignificant. This nursing home was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent risk to patient health or safety. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
We also wanted to note that this facility earned an impressive grade of B in our nursing category. Our nursing rating assesses quite a few components, many of which are associated with nursing hours. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a policy of turning a patient even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Normandy Center for Nursing and Healing?
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a middle of the pack grade in the area of short-term care, where we gave it a grade of B-. Short-term care grades are based on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This includes a wide scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients that were able to return home from this facility. We found that 4.7 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was actually quite a bit below the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we rated is long-term care, which is this nursing home's worst category. We gave this facility a D in this category. Sadly, this grade pulled down the nursing home's overall grade to a certain degree. For residents looking for a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are a key measure. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 95.726494 percent of its residents, which is better than the majority of nursing homes. To our surprise, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Normandy Center for Nursing and Healing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Normandy Center for Nursing and Healing, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Normandy Center for Nursing and Healing, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who experienced falls which resulted in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Normandy Center for Nursing and Healing, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Normandy Center for Nursing and Healing, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for treating a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Normandy Center for Nursing and Healing, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of long-term residents who were given antianxiety medication. These drugs are typically prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Normandy Center for Nursing and Healing, 2.33% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Normandy Center for Nursing and Healing, 94.94% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Normandy Center for Nursing and Healing, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Normandy Center for Nursing and Healing, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Normandy Center for Nursing and Healing, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Normandy Center for Nursing and Healing, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Normandy Center for Nursing and Healing, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Normandy Center for Nursing and Healing, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many believe this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Jacksonville, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Jacksonville, Florida has 30 other nursing homes
- Ascension St Vincent's RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 6.21 miles away1 Shircliff Way Jacksonville Florida 32204Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 308-7300
- Baptist Medical Center JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 7.85 miles away800 Prudential Dr Jacksonville Florida 32207Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 202-2000
- Nh JacksonvilleAcute Care - Department of Defense 8.3 miles away2080 Child Street Jacksonville Florida 32212Department of Defense(904) 542-7300
- Uf Health JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 8.61 miles away655 W 8th St Jacksonville Florida 32209Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 244-0411
- Orange Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.06 miles away2001 Kingsley Ave Orange Park Florida 32073Voluntary non-profit - Other(904) 276-8500
- Memorial Hospital JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 11.24 miles away3625 University Blvd S Jacksonville Florida 32216Proprietary(904) 702-6111
- Ascension St Vincent's SouthsideAcute Care Hospitals 12.52 miles away4201 Belfort Rd Jacksonville Florida 32216Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 296-3700
- Ascension St Vincent's Clay CountyAcute Care Hospitals 12.63 miles away1670 St Vincents Way Middleburg Florida 32068Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 602-1000
- Normandy Village Dialysis Center1.02 miles away1584 Normandy Village Pkwy #29 Jacksonville Florida 32221CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (904) 781-7272
- Jacksonville Westside Dialysis3.85 miles away5276 Blanding Blvd Suite 26 Jacksonville Florida 32210Dialysis Stations: 20 (904) 573-6405
- Jacksonville Kidney Center5.09 miles away1107 Myra St Ste 101 Jacksonville Florida 32204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (904) 354-3333
- Ara Collins Road Dialysis Center6.58 miles away6196 Lake Gray Blvd Suite 112 Jacksonville Florida 32244Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 772-0933
- Fmc-Trout River Dialysis7.37 miles away3107 Edgewood Ave W Jacksonville Florida 32209Dialysis Stations: 17 (904) 765-5033
- Baptist Medical Center - Pediatric Dialysis7.81 miles away800 Prudential Dr m2west Jacksonville Florida 32207Dialysis Stations: 5 (904) 202-0436
- Ara - West Jacksonville LLC7.93 miles away425 N Lee Street Suite 103 Jacksonville Florida 32204Dialysis Stations: 29 (904) 598-2711
- Dialysis Clinic Inc8.16 miles away757 Union Street W Jacksonville Florida 32202CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (904) 354-0409