ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Grosse Pointe Woods is a senior living facility located in Grosse Pointe, Michigan, which has a population of 47,583 people. It looks like this nursing home is among the higher-graded facilities we assessed. A grade in this range requires very strong scores across the board. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top third of all nursing homes nationally. This facility's impressive report card was highlighted by its short-term care rating, which we will address in the next section.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Grosse Pointe Woods
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our short-term care category. Our short-term care grade is commonly employed to assess a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. In order to have quality rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to have better levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. Nursing scores are primarily tied to a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Grosse Pointe Woods?
Racking up yet another strong category grade, this nursing home also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned a score of A-. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this category typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This nursing home received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This indicates that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to pose an imminent risk to patient health or safety. A couple minor dings are not necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's worst category was long-term care, which is the final category we analyzed. In this area, we awarded this facility an D. We would like to to point out this potential weak link, but you should not over-emphasize a single weak area either. In the category of long-term care, we assess the quantity of services provided by a nursing home, rather than more sophisticated services. One of the criteria we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours was vaccines. Thankfully, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this place also fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Grosse Pointe Woods Quality Metrics
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Grosse Pointe Woods, 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Grosse Pointe Woods, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Grosse Pointe Woods, 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications are used to treat a variety of conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Grosse Pointe Woods, 18.81% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that are administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally used to treat residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Grosse Pointe Woods, 3.44% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. Many in the industry believe that this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Grosse Pointe Woods, 91.43% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Grosse Pointe Woods, 12.1% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Grosse Pointe Woods, 10.81 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Grosse Pointe Woods, 77.3% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Ascension St John HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.26 miles away22101 Moross Rd Grosse Pointe Michigan 48236Voluntary non-profit - Church(313) 343-4000
- Beaumont Hospital, Grosse PointeAcute Care Hospitals 4.65 miles away468 Cadieux Rd Grosse Pointe Michigan 48230Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 343-1000
- Ascension Macomb Oakland Hosp-Warren CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.34 miles away11800 East Twelve Mile Road Warren Michigan 48093Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 573-5000
- Mclaren MacombAcute Care Hospitals 9.47 miles away1000 Harrington St Mount Clemens Michigan 48043Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 493-8000
- Children's Hospital of MichiganChildrens 10.24 miles away3901 Beaubien Street Detroit Michigan 48201Proprietary(313) 745-5437
- Harper University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.42 miles away3990 John R Street Detroit Michigan 48201Proprietary(313) 745-6211
- Henry Ford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.88 miles away2799 W Grand Blvd Detroit Michigan 48202Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 916-2600
- Henry Ford Macomb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.62 miles away15855 Nineteen Mile Rd Clinton Township Michigan 48038Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 263-2300
- Harper Woods Dialysis of Davita1.18 miles away19265 Vernier Rd Harper Woods Michigan 48225CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (313) 640-0271
- Greenfield Hs - Eastpointe1.59 miles away21400 Kelly Rd Eastpointe Michigan 48021CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 779-8779
- Fmc Dialysis - East Detroit2.23 miles away22151 Moross Rd pb1, Suite G-05 Grosse Pointe Michigan 48236Dialysis Stations: 16 (313) 640-4972
- Nephrology Center of Eastpointe LLC2.3 miles away24931 Kelly Rd Eastpointe Michigan 48021Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 771-0675
- Davita Roseville Commons Dialysis2.65 miles away18001 E 10 Mile Rd Ste B Roseville Michigan 48066Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 771-2286
- Home Dialysis Specialty Center2.74 miles away29001 Harper Ave Saint Clair Shores Michigan 48081Dialysis Stations: 1 (586) 778-0664
- Fmc - St Clair Shores2.74 miles away26210 Harper Ave Ste 200 Saint Clair Shores Michigan 48081CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (586) 771-4868
- Davita - Cadieux2.92 miles away6150 Cadieux Rd Detroit Michigan 48224Dialysis Stations: 26 (313) 640-9295