ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Grosse Pointe Woods is a senior living facility located in Grosse Pointe, Michigan, which has a population of 47,583 people. This is a good facility. We gave it an overall grade of B, which is a quality grade. Based on our assessment, you could do much worse than this place. This facility's impressive profile was highlighted by its short-term care score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Grosse Pointe Woods
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Grosse Pointe senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to earning a strong overall grade, this facility fared well in short-term care. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A+ for that category. Our short-term care grade is commonly used to judge a nursing home's rehabilitation services. To offer highly rated rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to feature higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from this facility. We found that 6.5 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. This turned out to be its second best category grade. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+. Our nursing score consists of a handful of datapoints, but the most important one is the level of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a system of turning a patient more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Grosse Pointe Woods?
This facility also performed well in our inspection category, which is based on the nursing home's recent government inspection reports. In fact, we gave it an impressive grade of B+ for that category, which is one of our best scores. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. A few relatively minor dings aren't the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the final area, this facility did not perform very well. Due to an abysmal grade of F in this category, this is obviously this facility's weakest category grade. If you are looking for services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care ratings. On top of considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is a very solid statistic. Surprisingly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Grosse Pointe Woods Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Grosse Pointe Woods, 16.67% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term residents who have pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Grosse Pointe Woods, 2.63% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Falls are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Grosse Pointe Woods, 8.82% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that experienced urinary tract infections. UTI's could be a sign of lower quality nursing care. However, this metric could also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Grosse Pointe Woods, 0% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used to treat several conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Grosse Pointe Woods, 35.14% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Grosse Pointe Woods, 0% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. Increased levels of depression could be a sign a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Grosse Pointe Woods, 100% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Grosse Pointe Woods, 16.67% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Grosse Pointe Woods, 11.24% of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In ProMedica Skilled Nursing And Rehabilitation - Grosse Pointe Woods, 83.47% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Ascension St John HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.26 miles away22101 Moross Rd Grosse Pointe Michigan 48236Voluntary non-profit - Church(313) 343-4000
- Beaumont Hospital, Grosse PointeAcute Care Hospitals 4.65 miles away468 Cadieux Rd Grosse Pointe Michigan 48230Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 343-1000
- Ascension Macomb Oakland Hosp-Warren CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.34 miles away11800 East Twelve Mile Road Warren Michigan 48093Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 573-5000
- Mclaren MacombAcute Care Hospitals 9.47 miles away1000 Harrington St Mount Clemens Michigan 48043Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 493-8000
- Children's Hospital of MichiganChildrens 10.24 miles away3901 Beaubien Street Detroit Michigan 48201Proprietary(313) 745-5437
- Harper University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.42 miles away3990 John R Street Detroit Michigan 48201Proprietary(313) 745-6211
- Henry Ford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.88 miles away2799 W Grand Blvd Detroit Michigan 48202Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 916-2600
- Henry Ford Macomb HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.62 miles away15855 Nineteen Mile Rd Clinton Township Michigan 48038Voluntary non-profit - Private(586) 263-2300
- Harper Woods Dialysis of Davita1.18 miles away19265 Vernier Rd Harper Woods Michigan 48225CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (313) 640-0271
- Greenfield Hs - Eastpointe1.59 miles away21400 Kelly Rd Eastpointe Michigan 48021CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 779-8779
- Fmc Dialysis - East Detroit2.23 miles away22151 Moross Rd pb1, Suite G-05 Grosse Pointe Michigan 48236Dialysis Stations: 16 (313) 640-4972
- Nephrology Center of Eastpointe LLC2.3 miles away24931 Kelly Rd Eastpointe Michigan 48021Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 771-0675
- Davita Roseville Commons Dialysis2.65 miles away18001 E 10 Mile Rd Ste B Roseville Michigan 48066Dialysis Stations: 24 (586) 771-2286
- Home Dialysis Specialty Center2.74 miles away29001 Harper Ave Saint Clair Shores Michigan 48081Dialysis Stations: 1 (586) 778-0664
- Fmc - St Clair Shores2.74 miles away26210 Harper Ave Ste 200 Saint Clair Shores Michigan 48081CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (586) 771-4868
- Davita - Cadieux2.92 miles away6150 Cadieux Rd Detroit Michigan 48224Dialysis Stations: 26 (313) 640-9295